Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forinstance last year's first announcement was The National, Ali Campbell (with Astro and Mickey Virtue), Joe Bonamassa, City and Colour, Tedeschi Trucks Band, The Cat Empire, Willie Nelson's son Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, The Word, Rhiannon Giddens, Janiva Magness, St Paul and The Broken Bones, Allen Stone, The Selecter, Shakey Graves, and Songhoy Blues.

27 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

If you look at thewir line-ups from previous there's not many that end up at Glastonbury - shame as I've always thought it would be great to have them.

That's a shame, some quality acts on the bill.

Booker T presents The Stax Record Review sounds interesting, would be great to see St Paul back and there's at least another 10 acts I'd love to see. First time I've seen Joan Osbourne's name mentioned in ages.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

That's a shame, some quality acts on the bill.

Booker T presents The Stax Record Review sounds interesting, would be great to see St Paul back and there's at least another 10 acts I'd love to see. First time I've seen Joan Osbourne's name mentioned in ages.

Saw Booker T play in Manchester two years ago, super gig at Band on the Wall as per photo, love to see him again

mjf 21.07 (4).JPG

19 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The annual thread to see who is out and about and available to play the festival.

This is the first 2017 festival line up I've seen, plenty on here I'd love to see at Glastonbury. 

I love Byron Bay. Its my fave place in the entire world.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

From what I've observed with Australian festivals, artists tend to do the summer in Europe, then head down under after that. Rare you'd find them doing it the other way around.

I'm excited to see this thread, though. It's an eFest staple.

Don't be coming in here with your well thought out, perfectly reasonable observations. Rumour and conjecture is what keeps us alive!

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Don't be coming in here with your well thought out, perfectly reasonable observations. Rumour and conjecture is what keeps us alive!

Fair enough! New headliner predictions:

Led Zeppelin
Oasis
Rolf (via hologram)

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

From what I've observed with Australian festivals, artists tend to do the summer in Europe, then head down under after that. Rare you'd find them doing it the other way around.

I'm excited to see this thread, though. It's an eFest staple.

I went to Laneways in NZ in Feb this year and a few turned up at glasto including Grimes, Churches, Vince Staples...

12 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

London Grammar have announced their live return, at an Australian festival in January. I 100% expect them at GF2017

Yes! They've been away for far too long. They were the last act I saw in 2014, and despite being so tired I could barely stand, they were one of the highlights, even though I'd already seen them a few weeks before at a festival in Nottingham. Now for that second album... 

13 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

London Grammar have announced their live return, at an Australian festival in January. I 100% expect them at GF2017

considering the prominent slot they got from just their first album i'd imagine they'll be pretty high up Other or even get a Pyramid slot this time 'round

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

considering the prominent slot they got from just their first album i'd imagine they'll be pretty high up Other or even get a Pyramid slot this time 'round

I'd rather they didn't get a Pyramid slot - their music works so much better at night IMO, and they're not big enough to headline the Pyramid. Park headliner?