Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

James96

Latitude Festival 2017

I thought they were pretty good at the soundscapes and stuff. Best run on the album from If I Believe You to The Sound, if you ask me. Matt's not the greatest lyricist and there aren't many gears to their pop sound either, so an album of just that woulda been pretty dull and there would be more emphasis on the weak parts.

Maybe Alt-J as they've been confirmed to perform at Boardmasters, so they're potentially going around the festivals this year? I know they headlined a few years ago but PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

6 minutes ago, lizwalsh98 said:

Maybe Alt-J as they've been confirmed to perform at Boardmasters, so they're potentially going around the festivals this year? I know they headlined a few years ago but PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

I'd say there's no chance of them playing, Latitude has only had one repeat headliner since its inception and Alt-J only played two years ago... sorry to disappoint haha

3 hours ago, suttttttt said:

I'd say there's no chance of them playing, Latitude has only had one repeat headliner since its inception and Alt-J only played two years ago... sorry to disappoint haha

Id say a 'secret set' is high on the cards. 

7 hours ago, lizwalsh98 said:

there's a festival on the weekend before Latitude that I've heard they might be headlining

1 hour ago, dirty_dog said:

there's a festival on the weekend before Latitude that I've heard they might be headlining

Which is?

Bluedot?

Melvin has applied to increase numbers to a total of 39,999.

A 5,000 increase from last year

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-38519169

On 20/01/2017 at 10:58 PM, James96 said:

Which is?

Bluedot?

As much as I'd like that, it seems like a step down for alt-j. If they're headlining the 2nd stage at Glastonbury (such is the rumour) then I dunno if they'd also do a little festival a couple of weeks later

On 1/20/2017 at 10:58 PM, James96 said:

Which is?

Bluedot?

I believe they have been asked, whether or not they'll do it

Silly question perhaps but does anyone think there's a spot for Interpol doing their Turn on the Bright Lights tour? 

I know they headlined when the festival was smaller, but I can dream of a 6music headline slot

5 hours ago, evannn said:

Silly question perhaps but does anyone think there's a spot for Interpol doing their Turn on the Bright Lights tour? 

I know they headlined when the festival was smaller, but I can dream of a 6music headline slot

not a bad shout that

i think it's quite likely pixies could headline. especially as the new latitude booker has come from field day where pixies headlined a couple of years ago...

2 hours ago, mercury said:

i think it's quite likely pixies could headline. especially as the new latitude booker has come from field day where pixies headlined a couple of years ago...

That being said, Field Day headliners tend to be about the size of Latitude subs a year or so later (e.g. James Blake, Caribou)

Pixies tour dates rule them out of the Sunday slot (they're in Finland) - other 2 days are potentially free

2 hours ago, ives56 said:

If 1975 get confirmed I will be there :D anyone think any chance a band like all time low would sub them ? 

Look at previous Latitude lineups. Not a chance.

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Looks like pj Harvey, Ryan Adams and future islands are green man exclusives. Rules them out of latitude. 

That's ok by me, Future Islands sacrificed for no PJ Harvey is worth it in my book

green man headliners are strong, shame they won't be at latitude.

i'm quite excited that arab strap seem to be doing lots of festivals though, would love to see them at latitude. also i've a funny feeling liam gallagher may pop up on the bill as he certainly seems to be around in july and we all know melvin likes a gallagher...

11 hours ago, mercury said:

green man headliners are strong, shame they won't be at latitude.

i'm quite excited that arab strap seem to be doing lots of festivals though, would love to see them at latitude. also i've a funny feeling liam gallagher may pop up on the bill as he certainly seems to be around in july and we all know melvin likes a gallagher...

Liam has been confirmed this week for Benicassim, which as you all probably know is the same weekend as Latitude, and another one of Melvin's festivals, so there's often sharing of acts this particular weekend. We've also got Ride, Bonobo, Slaves & Blossoms confirmed for Beni this week, so any of these could be a possibility for you in July, I guess?