Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, but not unexpectedly, Grandaddy have now cancelled future gigs/tour including Lat.

Wholly understandable but I was really looking forward to seeing them but they had no choice really.

No word yet on any replacement.

Possibility of Wolf Alice?

Lots of cryptic hints from them recently on Twitter and website is defaulted to a mystery page (possibly new album cover). No dates in the pipeline and album imminent.

• 2 weeks later...

Latitude are griming it up it would seem what with AJ Tracey and Dave now on the bill. Public Service Broadcasting seem a very 'Latitude band'. Trying to remember if they have ever played before?

Still no poetry / literature tent line up?

19 hours ago, rseamer said:

Latitude are griming it up it would seem what with AJ Tracey and Dave now on the bill. Public Service Broadcasting seem a very 'Latitude band'. Trying to remember if they have ever played before?

Still no poetry / literature tent line up?

Yeah Public Service Broadcasting played 2 years ago....

PSB a great addition - loved them since I saw them at Glastonbury a couple of years ago in the Glade.

Wish they would edit the lineup page and take Grandaddy off though.

Edited by Copperface

1 hour ago, morethanaphelan said:

Could anyone give an indication as to what there is to do at night at Latitude. Does it keep going or shut down early? I know it can't compete with Glastonbury, but are there bars/tents etc to hang out in in a similar vein? 

Depends what you mean by early but the arena close at 3am, only the 2 main stages stop after the headliner's so there's loads happen after, bars all close at 3am but there's food stalls throughout the campsites that stay open a while after......

This should give you an idea...

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-night-owls

Edited by Funktownbro
Adding a link

2 hours ago, Funktownbro said:

Depends what you mean by early but the arena close at 3am, only the 2 main stages stop after the headliner's so there's loads happen after, bars all close at 3am but there's food stalls throughout the campsites that stay open a while after......

This should give you an idea...

http://www.latitudefestival.com/news/latitude-night-owls

Cheers. As a likely Glasto refugee, just wanted to make sure! 

5 hours ago, morethanaphelan said:

Could anyone give an indication as to what there is to do at night at Latitude. Does it keep going or shut down early? I know it can't compete with Glastonbury, but are there bars/tents etc to hang out in in a similar vein? 

The difference, I would say, is that Glastonbury feels like a 24 hour party where ever you look, while Latitude has something to do if you go look for it. More objectively, I just had a quick look in last years programme, and on Saturday night, there was a reasonable variety on stuff up until midnight. Beyond 1am, however, apart from the cabaret, they were all DJs of various kinds. To say the comedy tent stays open til late, as latitude does in its night owls section, is a little disingenuous, as the comedy actually finishes by around eight, after which it turns into a cheesy disco. That said, it is one of the bigger dance venues, and there's a outside dance venue called the lake stage, which is decent. Apart from those, Sunrise is small, but has the better music (in my opinion). The Film venue has reasonably late night live music up until 1ish, but - like the Cabaret - can be harder to get into if something decent is on. The lavish lounge is also open late, but that is tiny.

I think that's it.

So without wishing to contradict funktownbro, because its true there are things to do, I would say that if you're used to Glastonbury, the much missed Big Chill, or even Bestival or Bearded Theory, to you it will feel as if things have suddenly gone very quiet, so its not a strength of the festival.

I go every year, by the way, and love it, so I don't mean to put you off!

Edited by sparkythetortoise

Nighttime for me at latitude is where you have to make an adjustment if you're used to dancing till dawn at Glastonbury. Not nearly so much going on! I recommend spending one night at the Cabaret tent though, shows run till 2am and then music to 3. The disco shed is fun or there is little dj booth up at the back by the theatre tents in the woods , they were playing joyous stuff last year. A select crowd having a great time. 

come 3am you're on your own to find the party! 

8 hours ago, loulouboo said:

Nighttime for me at latitude is where you have to make an adjustment if you're used to dancing till dawn at Glastonbury. Not nearly so much going on! I recommend spending one night at the Cabaret tent though, shows run till 2am and then music to 3. The disco shed is fun or there is little dj booth up at the back by the theatre tents in the woods , they were playing joyous stuff last year. A select crowd having a great time. 

come 3am you're on your own to find the party! 

Not necessarily dancing, but I mean hanging out, looking at stuff, common gathering areas. Fires, performers, all that kind of thing.

Yeah latitude after the headliners is fun... but nothing close the excitement of glastonbury for me. It's good to wander and we normally end up finding something decent in the wooded areas either side of the water

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mt3110 said:

What are the timings like at Latitude? Is Jack Garratt likely to be on the same time as mumfords? 

Apparently not, he's down as the headline act of the BBC Music stage which is normally at the same time, not so this year as it seems, it was asked on Twitter and Latitude confirmed they wouldn't clash, then later this was put on the news section of the website under "Latitude for night owl's"

Jack Garratt is no stranger to Latitude Festival, in fact, the 25-year-old first appeared on our iArena Stage way back in 2015; before the release of his debut album, ‘Phase’. This year, Jack returns to Henham Park for a special late night set on the BBC Music Stage, bringing with him his unique falsetto voice and drum beats infused with synth and electric guitar.

So it seems he will be on after Mumfords, it will be a 1st for that stage to have late night set (after the main stage headliner) but the times are always released last minute so we will have to wait for concrete on all that ...