Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit miffed to be honest.... doubly unlucky.

Fancied Latitude for years. Been going Glasto for almost 20 years, then switched to Green Man for about 5.

Bought these early on a a present for my other half. She has since finished with me and the line-up looks really weak.

So I have £400 pounds worth of tickets to a festival that isn't grabbing me with little chance of moving them on.

Life is pants sometimes.

15 hours ago, kippax said:

Bit miffed to be honest.... doubly unlucky.

Fancied Latitude for years. Been going Glasto for almost 20 years, then switched to Green Man for about 5.

Bought these early on a a present for my other half. She has since finished with me and the line-up looks really weak.

So I have £400 pounds worth of tickets to a festival that isn't grabbing me with little chance of moving them on.

Life is pants sometimes.

I would just use the tickets and go with an open mind, it will surprise i promise, it's true the line up looks a little dull on paper to some but there's loads more still to be announced, if people didn't go to Glastonbury every time the line up looked a bit dull the tickets wouldn't sell out as quick as they do each year, latitude has so much more to offer and it's something that you have to experience to understand fully, a bit like Glasto in that sense...

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2017 at 8:56 AM, retromoz said:

the literary tent & poetry tent is being merged.

I really hope they aren't scaling things down because they've over paid for things like M&S. It's disappointing enough having them as the 'main' headliner instead of bands in the ilk of Kraftwerk, Portishead etc.

Edited by aidenlangan95

4 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I really hope they aren't scaling things down because they've over paid for things like M&S. It's disappointing enough having them as the 'main' headliner instead of bands in the ilk of Kraftwerk, Portishead etc.

my own guess would be that Arts Council funding has been cut, cos I know there's a fair bit that Latitude has been tapping into, and it's more likely to be being given for the less commercial stuff like literary and poetry than music.

I messaged Tania@Latitude last night on twitter and asked if there was any more big surprises to come in terms of the music, as Latitude had quoted this as the biggest ever lineup but the general consensus online is that musically its a bit weak this year.

Here reply was "more to come in a few hours", that was posted at midnight so its we maybe getting another announcement today.

2 hours ago, swede said:

I messaged Tania@Latitude last night on twitter and asked if there was any more big surprises to come in terms of the music, as Latitude had quoted this as the biggest ever lineup but the general consensus online is that musically its a bit weak this year.

Here reply was "more to come in a few hours", that was posted at midnight so its we maybe getting another announcement today.

There's another announcement at around 9.30 this morning

I like quite a lot of that to be fair. Though is Leon Bridges really a sub? 

Also on the lineup, Placebo and Fatboy Slim are now subs on the BBC music stage. (Somehow, jack garratt is still the headliner on the Saturday).

Another interesting thing: "Making their Latitude debut this year, The Jesus and Mary Chain will deliver their hugely influential album, ‘Psychocandy’."

Finally, "Want even more music for your money? Keep an eye on our social channels from 10am, Friday 28th April as we announce a previous Latitude headliner joining the bill as a special guest."

Edited by aidenlangan95

18 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

My assumption for the special guest is Interpol who'd perform their debut in full

Good shout but it's a fair while before their tour starts so a bit out of the way.

Think it'll be Belle and Sebastian. There's a brief break between UK/IE dates in their tour schedule Latitude weekend.

edit: the lineup additions are brilliant also. Would actually be pushing it into major clash territory for me.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, thesaint78 said:

Jesus and Mary chain , the coral and mystery jets are good additions, line up looking a bit stronger now.

Sarurday still looking incredibly dull though

that Saturday sub badly needs to be major.. from the previous headliners I'd say only Pet Shop Boys, Nick Cave or Bon Iver would be substantial enough to save it (obviously apart from the ones it definitely won't be like F+TM and Foals). Not realistically expecting anything beyond Elbow or Belle and Sebastian though.

11 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Another interesting thing: "Making their Latitude debut this year, The Jesus and Mary Chain will deliver their hugely influential album, ‘Psychocandy’."

I thought I'd read (possibly on their news update) that they were going to play Psychocandy and the new album. Would be bloody lovely but I'm not entirely convinced, latitude always botch announcements and line-up positioning. It's surprising given the size of the festival nowadays

Edit: hoping for Sigur Ros/Interpol for the previous headliner, expecting Grace Jones/B&S

Edited by evannn
Edit: previous headliner