Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, picicata said:

Wow that is a pile of old wossname! This was going to be my Glastonbury alternative as I missed out on tickets, not now though!

Same I'm afraid. This was gonna be the year we finally got to go.

I'm sure that anyone who goes regular and knows the set up, atmosphere etc might be able to see past it but this announcment seems really weak to me. I daren't look again at last years lineup to compare.

18 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I thought only Mumford's day had leaked due to them leaking it.

Not even their day looking at it, just the fact they were bringing GOTR with a small number of acts. 

Presumably Skepta and Wiley will be announced for Latitude later on because they're being held back to help Wireless, allthough I'd be surprised if there was much demographic crossover between those :lol:

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

Presumably Skepta and Wiley will be announced for Latitude later on because they're being held back to help Wireless, allthough I'd be surprised if there was much demographic crossover between those :lol:

Has there been much/any grime (or even much hip-hop) at Latitude? Doubt either will be on the Latitude lineup tbh.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Has there been much/any grime (or even much hip-hop) at Latitude? Doubt either will be on the Latitude lineup tbh.

It's suddenly big with the middle classes now though isn't it ;) Young Fathers played when I went and there's a first time for everything but yeah you may be right. So who is going to fill out the undercard hmmm

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

It's suddenly big with the middle classes now though isn't it ;) Young Fathers played when I went and there's a first time for everything but yeah you may be right. So who is going to fill out the undercard hmmm

Not at all grime, and they get upset about being called hip-hop, insist that they're a pop band.

As an aside "Gentlemen of the Road" is the most Tory name given to anything ever.

I hope Bluedot scoops Goldfrapp, not listed as an exclusive here.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This guy Dave on the Sunrise Arena bill but apparently he was handpicked by Mumfords so they're effectively Trojan Horsing hip hop/grime into Latitude like Brit Awards Yeezy.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This guy Dave on the Sunrise Arena bill but apparently he was handpicked by Mumfords so they're effectively Trojan Horsing hip hop/grime into Latitude like Brit Awards Yeezy.

Kero Kero Bonito reppin serious hip hop last year, and Doc Brown has played the comedy tent in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read an extensive history of hip hop at Latitude festival.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Kero Kero Bonito reppin serious hip hop last year, and Doc Brown has played the comedy tent in the past. Thank you for taking the time to read an extensive history of hip hop at Latitude festival.

:P

I was gonna specify grime but this guy could be hip hop and just features with a load of grimey guys, I don't really know.

What I do know is that if the Mumfords picked a grime artist, it would be a guy rapping under the non-threatening moniker 'Dave'.

I'm happy enough with this lineup, especially as it's a first announcement.  Though I've been some years where I haven't saw a single Obelisk headliner so I'm in a minority.  My benchmark for a good lineup is a dozen bands I'd like to see, and many of these on my hit-list I haven't seen before: Goldfrapp, Tinwarien, Sylvan Esso, Julia Jacklin, Beak, Kadhja Bonet, Glass Animals, The Very Best, Karen Elson, Margaret Glaspy, Honeyblood, Fleet Foxes, Grandaddy, Mavis Staples, Lisa Hannigan, All We Are, Sunflower Bean.  Enough for some clash-worries already.  Although I can see the point of others on the thread in that other festivals have put out a similar strength initial lineup for a few quid less. 

9 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

I'm happy enough with this lineup, especially as it's a first announcement.  Though I've been some years where I haven't saw a single Obelisk headliner so I'm in a minority.  My benchmark for a good lineup is a dozen bands I'd like to see, and many of these on my hit-list I haven't seen before: Goldfrapp, Tinwarien, Sylvan Esso, Julia Jacklin, Beak, Kadhja Bonet, Glass Animals, The Very Best, Karen Elson, Margaret Glaspy, Honeyblood, Fleet Foxes, Grandaddy, Mavis Staples, Lisa Hannigan, All We Are, Sunflower Bean.  Enough for some clash-worries already.  Although I can see the point of others on the thread in that other festivals have put out a similar strength initial lineup for a few quid less. 

I've found that latitude put a lot more thought into the arts and festival environment than some competitors. 

Personally I'd rather go to latitude than a basic "bands in a field" festival with a slightly stronger line up. 

On 01/03/2017 at 2:45 PM, Zac Quinn said:

made a playlist to try and discover new things to enjoy in the absence of anything catching my eye that I already know of, feel free to utilise if you wish 

couple of bands have only released one song or nothing at all but will add when they do, have put a couple of Ben Howard songs in there as a placeholder until this 'Blaze of Feather' thing gets off the grounds  

Just listening to this now, many thanks for sharing.