Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tommyyyy said:

any ideas when the next announcement is ? and do we reckon Bonobo to headline the radio 6 on the saturday ? 

Considering we've only just had the initial line-up, I'd say April at least.

But given Bonobo is playing Citadel on Sunday, I can see him playing on Saturday and BBC Music stage would be the best fit (although apparently Mumford have picked every artist on the 3 main stages that day so you have to hope they know their stuff).

5 hours ago, Tommyyyy said:

any ideas when the next announcement is ? and do we reckon Bonobo to headline the radio 6 on the saturday ? 

With Citadel, I believe bonobo is doing three shows on that weekend in three different countries. As much as I'd love him to play, i just can't see it happening.

18 hours ago, evannn said:

How does everyone think the day curation works?

I would imagine someone in latitude's team would have to ok Mumford's choices, because if the lineup is shite then they both look bad

The Mumfords team have put on so many of these roadshows they could reasonably have been trusted to organise it 99% by themselves. But they could equally conceivably have just handed over a list of bands they wanted and let FR get on with booking them. I think in reality it's probably somewhere between the two, but sadly we'll probably never know

Edited by Zac Quinn

Well yeah they wouldn't be actually organising Latitude that day, just handing over a list of bands.

I'm pretty sceptical as to them actually curating the day when it's mostly bands who woulda been booked regardless. Prolly just them, some collaborators like The Very Best and whoever else but most importantly the brand name of their series of outdoor shows on the poster.

On 08/03/2017 at 1:28 PM, dentalplan said:

Well yeah they wouldn't be actually organising Latitude that day, just handing over a list of bands.

I'm pretty sceptical as to them actually curating the day when it's mostly bands who woulda been booked regardless. Prolly just them, some collaborators like The Very Best and whoever else but most importantly the brand name of their series of outdoor shows on the poster.

I wouldn't be surprised if the band who fits Latitude well picks a whole day of acts who fit Latitude well tbh. 

I was just wondering if the festival would have veto power over any act selections or similar

44 minutes ago, evannn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the band who fits Latitude well picks a whole day of acts who fit Latitude well tbh. 

I was just wondering if the festival would have veto power over any act selections or similar

Given it's usually the job of people paid handsomely by the biggest live promotions company in the world, I choose to think otherwise. :P And don't forget the bill they have to book for Longitude will be very different to Latitude.

Anyway, the times I've heard of (much smaller) festivals handing over the reins to a guest curator it's been a case of artist and promoters working together so yeah there would be a power of veto as it's their company's money on the line.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Stormzy final Longitude headliner. Kinda crazy, with Skepta only subbing and the size of those other headliners.

Yeah I've no doubt he'll nail it, and it's looking like he'll be the number one act everyone wants to see this summer, but it's still a massive gamble. Especailly with the weakest sub of the three, notwithstanding the fact Picture This are Irish and thus inevitably 100x bigger over there. Still, a stronger top six than Lats, even with that Friday. £165 would be decent enough value if only I could be bothered with The Weeknd :(

Do we think with Latitude saying this is their "biggest ever lineup" they are going to stagger the big acts across the announcements or do we think that's it in terms of surprises and bigger acts for the main stages.

I just remember being wowed a bit more by the 1st announcement over the last couple of years

On 10/03/2017 at 3:01 PM, eFestivals said:

have a read of this.... :lol:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/10/fears-latitude-festival-may-hijacked-alt-centre/

The scary thing is, I can't work out if it's parody or not. 

that website's always read like satire, good to see they're embracing their rep.

On 10 March 2017 at 3:01 PM, eFestivals said:

have a read of this.... :lol:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/03/10/fears-latitude-festival-may-hijacked-alt-centre/

The scary thing is, I can't work out if it's parody or not. 

That's fantastic! 

They failed to mention the 'Alt' uniform of Hunter Wellies, cut down jeans (for the Felicitys) and neck beads (for the Ruperts).

The festival has dropped a mighty bollock this year with a line up that will please the Latte-tuders and black olive brigade but alienate genuine festival folk. 

2 hours ago, dirty_dog said:

ha ha, that's the reason I'm getting rid of it,

wouldn't have taken much on the lineup for me to go to this but there's absolutely nothing.

Me and my mates are exactly the same! We love Latitude, last year was at least 10 acts I'd like to see, this year there is around 2. It's really not justifiable for the price.

12 hours ago, fluff164 said:

The festival has dropped a mighty bollock this year with a line up that will please the Latte-tuders and black olive brigade but alienate genuine festival folk. 

Fascinated to know what 'genuine festival folk' are in this day and age.

I quite like the Latitude line up. Not everything, but then there's never been a festival where I like everything. And I've been to over 80 of the things. 

14 hours ago, rseamer said:

Fascinated to know what 'genuine festival folk' are in this day and age.

I quite like the Latitude line up. Not everything, but then there's never been a festival where I like everything. And I've been to over 80 of the things. 

As in not the Chelsea tractor and hunter welly brigade!

On 14/03/2017 at 6:58 AM, fluff164 said:

That's fantastic! 

They failed to mention the 'Alt' uniform of Hunter Wellies, cut down jeans (for the Felicitys) and neck beads (for the Ruperts).

Not sure how this is much more "latte-tude" or "black olive brigade" to Latitude of any other year tbh.

3 out of the top 6 have played the festival before. Of the other 3 only Fleet Foxes could arguably be considered a "middle class" act, if you want to try and define that as a thing, Placebo and Fat Boy Slim much less so.