Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Ah didn't know that - bizarre that they're seemingly not playing any festivals over here for their new album. Must just be their own dates at some point then.

Pixies, Bon Iver, The 1975 it is

Pixies aren't headlining, they're "exclusive festival headline slot" is bluedot. 

I'm gonna say someone's prediction of The 1975, Sigur Ros, The xx is the most likely so far

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the likelihood of Ed Sheeran headlining this year? I am not a fan of his, but I know he did two secret sets a couple of years back so it isn't impossible to imagine him here. Again, I am not in favour of this happening as such but I am not ruling it out!

I don't see it being Sigur Ros anymore, they're not in Europe until September and have no festivals announced. I'm not sure on Bon Iver either given he has his Eaux Claires festival in June and his next announced date is in America the weekend after Latitude, I suppose it's possible he might come back over to Europe for Glastonbury and do festivals until Latitude but you'd think he'd have been announced for something around then by now. Thinking The 1975, Lana Del Rey and an older headliner, though I've no idea who. I was trying to think of an alternative to Lana Del Rey and Lorde was the first name that came to mind but not sure I see her headlining Latitude.

Edited by kingcrawler

12 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

What is the likelihood of Ed Sheeran headlining this year? I am not a fan of his, but I know he did two secret sets a couple of years back so it isn't impossible to imagine him here. Again, I am not in favour of this happening as such but I am not ruling it out!

minimal - it seems all but confirmed that he will headline Glastonbury and so it's very unlikely he'll be headlining Latitude

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

1975, Bon iver and Pixies i reckon.

Nope.  Pixies are a blue dot exclusive and bon iver is in America the following week, it's possible but I think unlikely. 

Also don't think it will be the xx anymore because they are headlining bestival. Latitude doesn't usually share headliners. 

i think lana del rey is more than likely. she's not yet been announced for another uk festival that i can think of and we know she's around in europe in july/august. melvin loves an exclusive and she's played the festival before. her and the 1975 would certainly cater for the younger crowd so i'd love a slightly older 3rd headliner along the lines of the cure/morrissey etc. i notice beck has one festival in the usa lined up early july so is another that could possibly do latitude as an exclusive.

i've a feeling that overall the headliners aren't going to be massively to my taste this year (as is often the case tbh) but i'm hoping the undercard can fit in some of the following...

sleaford mods

the jesus and mary chain

ryley walker

car seat headrest

japandroids

cloud nothings

grandaddy

british sea power

wilco

foxygen

I am hoping for Massive Attack/Young Fathers. Melvin has spoken many times about his love for Young Fathers and their show with Massive Attack was really good! 

Sigur Ros I think are out. They toured with a show created specifically for festivals and I think they are done with that set up. The new tour is a two set affair. So they are doing a spefic solo out this time with no support. 

Festival Exclusives are getting more an more popular and with Latitude last to announce its hard to tell who it could be.

Im onna throw a wildcard into the mix and say Radiohead. Gap in the tour, the boys like it there. I hope they would be there.

Latitude remains my favorite that I go to because it chills me the fuck out. In a perfect world I would get Radiohead, NIN and Bjork. But I am not that lucky. 

I know Mr Yorke likes the 'tude......but i dont understand why people think it could be Radiohead?!?! They are massive!! Latitude is not that big!!! (No offence Bray....)

Does anyone think James Acaster will be there? Specifically, doing his current show. OR rather, his last 3 shows (which he's doing 3 nights in a row). One show every day? Sounds like a good idea to me....

9 hours ago, evannn said:

Pixies aren't headlining, they're "exclusive festival headline slot" is bluedot. 

I'm gonna say someone's prediction of The 1975, Sigur Ros, The xx is the most likely so far

That was me but I doubt it'll be The xx now they're playing Bestival and I doubt it'll be Sigur Rós because of what kingcrawler says in the following quote.

Are you sure Pixies are doing a festival headline exclusive at Blue Dot? I've only seen that mentioned on the forums; the official claim I saw was that it's a Northern exclusive.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't see it being Sigur Ros anymore, they're not in Europe until September and have no festivals announced. I'm not sure on Bon Iver either given he has his Eaux Claires festival in June and his next announced date is in America the weekend after Latitude, I suppose it's possible he might come back over to Europe for Glastonbury and do festivals until Latitude but you'd think he'd have been announced for something around then by now. Thinking The 1975, Lana Del Rey and an older headliner, though I've no idea who. I was trying to think of an alternative to Lana Del Rey and Lorde was the first name that came to mind but not sure I see her headlining Latitude.

Agree with those two now. Would say Pixies as the third unless they are doing a festival headline exclusive at Blue Dot. I guess Massive Attack are possible. If Bon Iver are back over after Eaux Claires then I'd say them. Can't really think who else it could be.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

That was me but I doubt it'll be The xx now they're playing Bestival and I doubt it'll be Sigur Rós because of what kingcrawler says in the following quote.

Are you sure Pixies are doing a festival headline exclusive at Blue Dot? I've only seen that mentioned on the forums; the official claim I saw was that it's a Northern exclusive.

Agree with those two now. Would say Pixies as the third unless they are doing a festival headline exclusive at Blue Dot. I guess Massive Attack are possible. If Bon Iver are back over after Eaux Claires then I'd say them. Can't really think who else it could be.

On their fb

IMG_3112.PNG

Lana Del Rey seems increasingly likely with no other UK festivals announced and she is touring.

If it was her and The 1975 as seems to be the suggestion from those on here I'd take a guess at Iggy Pop as a third possible. He's got a few fests lined up but not that many as far as I can tell.

London Grammar also a possibility???

1 minute ago, rseamer said:

Lana Del Rey seems increasingly likely with no other UK festivals announced and she is touring.

If it was her and The 1975 as seems to be the suggestion from those on here I'd take a guess at Iggy Pop as a third possible. He's got a few fests lined up but not that many as far as I can tell.

London Grammar also a possibility???

Yeah I guess Iggy Pop could do it but there doesn't seem much new to his act to warrant being booked to headline Latitude, given that the PPD live setup has gone. Leaning towards it being Massive Attack now to be honest, I had been predicting Bon Iver but if the other two are looking like happening then it'll probably be an older less pop-based one completing the trio.

London Grammar are very likely to appear but not as a headliner. Third down or possibly sub.

Pixies are also doing BST which, while probably not a massive deal, is enough to make me think Latitude would be turned off when coupled with Blue Dot which must be a competitor anyway. 

I think Morrissey is an interesting shout, though I don't know what his attitude towards fests in this country is nowadays. I guess he'd rather do his own shows. 

The 1975
Warpaint 

Morrissey
Iggy Pop

Massive Attack
London Grammar 

with Royksopp/Metronomy/Local Natives on 6music would be quite good. Though I can see it being Lana instead of Moz 

Just now, suttttttt said:

What is the likelihood of QOTSA headlining? They have just been announced for a festival in Japan a couple of weeks after Latitude so they're obviously touring in the summer. Too heavy for a Latitude crowd?

Yeah a bit too straight up rawk for Latitude who tend to go more towards the indie side of things.