Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

43 minutes ago, Funktownbro said:

It's really odd regarding taking alcohol into the camping site, I think you must of got an over the top jobsworth on your gate or they were in a bad mood at the time, there were just 2 of us entering together last year and after we had taken all the camping stuff in, one of us stayed and started setting up and the other went to collect our booze, he had no problem passing the gate staff with, 3 cases of 18 cans of larger and a 24 tray of ghost ship ( we're not alcoholics honest ) the rules clearly state you're allowed personal alcohol in the campsite but not the arena, like I said, sounds like bad luck rather than rules to me......

I think you hit the nail on the head there. In fairness most of the security were nice enough but one or two a bit over zealous and inconsistent. Eg one guy had to get his supervisor to give the OK for my teenage daughter to take a perfectly respectable 35 mm camera in to the arena whilst they didn't bat an eye at my magnum 44 sticking out the top of my jeans. I must have one of those faces I guess. A piss head who can't shoot straight! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/01/2017 at 4:58 PM, aidenlangan95 said:

NME had an article discussing the coachella lineup; reckoned the xx are headlining some bigger UK festivals with their suggestion being Latitude. 

I know that NME has no idea ( I don't think they even do interviews anymore, or any proper research) but it's another opinion that added to what most of us think. 

I think that the xx are more likely than bon iver to be honest. I think bon iver has a date in the US the following week and the xx will be right to step up. 

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, Funktownbro said:

It's really odd regarding taking alcohol into the camping site, I think you must of got an over the top jobsworth on your gate or they were in a bad mood at the time, there were just 2 of us entering together last year and after we had taken all the camping stuff in, one of us stayed and started setting up and the other went to collect our booze, he had no problem passing the gate staff with, 3 cases of 18 cans of larger and a 24 tray of ghost ship ( we're not alcoholics honest ) the rules clearly state you're allowed personal alcohol in the campsite but not the arena, like I said, sounds like bad luck rather than rules to me......

The official twitter for the festival stated that the security guards should not have been limiting alcohol movement in and out of the camping area from the car park - something very odd was going on last year, so they'll need to clarify the rules in advance this year!

When they stopped me and searched my toiletries bag on re entry (see previous post) they didn't make it clear what they were looking for. As a security measure it was too cursory and seemed mad that they hadnt given the huge trolley I'd taken in 20 minuets earlier a second glance but gave a small item a good poke! Whilst I want to make clear, pretty much all of the staff at Latitude were great, this and a couple of similar incidents, just smacked of amateur  corporate pettiness I expect (and happily live with) at Hyde Park or O2. That said,  its a fab festival and if the line up was good I'd be back 

I'm pleased for The 1975 getting this, the album they released last year was really good and they're a good live band too, was really impressed when i saw them last month, sold out arena show but it never seemed too big for them. Them along with The xx and an older headliner would be a strong set of headliners.