Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Mollyanne&Mike said:

So, don't drown me in comments, but tickets bought for Latitude next year. Never bean before, any good? 

That's a bit risky - Buying then asking !

Depends on what you're used to ? 

It's nice. Flat pretty site. Broad line-up. Quite chilled. Lots of other stuff if you don't like the line-up. Less d-heads pro rata.

Main positive for me : distance between stages is minimal

Main negative: found the security a little over the top! 

52 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

The news about Gorillaz not doing any fests in 2017 takes a likely candidate off the table.

LCD, The XX +1 then. Would like Bon Iver but, given that Lats don't really do repeat headliners and that that would mean abandoning their 'Friday night is testing out a possible future Reading headliner night' thing, it'll probably be You Me At Six or Catfish and the Bottlemen or some shite. HAIM probably the best that could be hoped for if they stick to that Friday night 'rule'.

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

LCD, The XX +1 then. Would like Bon Iver but, given that Lats don't really do repeat headliners and that that would mean abandoning their 'Friday night is testing out a possible future Reading headliner night' thing, it'll probably be You Me At Six or Catfish and the Bottlemen or some shite. HAIM probably the best that could be hoped for if they stick to that Friday night 'rule'.

I just think they're bumping up new headliners as Big Melv has always tried to do, not necessarily future Reading acts nor Friday. Would certainly say Latitude do repeat headliners now.

Thinkin' Lana Del Rey, Bon Iver and The xx in that order. Would be cash.

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The XX on a Sunday night yeulch how dreary. Suppose it'd be better than watching them when you want to be put in a cheerful mood for the Friday and Saturday night happenings though.

Yeah that's the way I saw it, although the other two aren't exactly a barrel of laughs.

1 hour ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

LDR into Bon Iver (by way of Metronomy) in 2012 was a fucking great afternoon.

I was thinking about Metronomy subbing next year, didn't realise they'd already done so and have since grown considerably. Was hoping they could top the bill next year but that survey has thrown me off.

20 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Personally hoping they get a shot at headlining Green Man next year, they're a much better fit there than they are at Latitude.

Yeah that'd be cool, but it's not much of a 'shot' as in that's pretty much the station they're at now anyway. Although the way Joe went about Summer '08 probably means they don't really give a stuff about making the big leagues.

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that's the way I saw it, although the other two aren't exactly a barrel of laughs.

So put LCD on the Saturday. Of the other two, preferably keep Bon Iver in the frame, because they're sick and the tragic years when anyone cared about Lana Del Ray are a distant memory anyway. Alt-J played the Friday night and they're miserable so Bon and the lads would get away with it.

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

So put LCD on the Saturday. Of the other two, preferably keep Bon Iver in the frame, because they're sick and the tragic years when anyone cared about Lana Del Ray are a distant memory anyway. Alt-J played the Friday night and they're miserable so Bon and the lads would get away with it.

You think people have stopped caring about Lana Del Rey?

980x.gif

2 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

the tragic years when anyone cared about Lana Del Ray are a distant memory anyway.

Outrageous.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah that'd be cool, but it's not much of a 'shot' as in that's pretty much the station they're at now anyway. Although the way Joe went about Summer '08 probably means they don't really give a stuff about making the big leagues.

And I love him for it. They're easily one of the best live bands in the UK, and they're very handily at a level where their tickets are affordable and the festivals they can headline are the nice ones.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You think people have stopped caring about Lana Del Rey?

980x.gif

I thought people stopped caring about her even before the last album. Didn't Ultraviolet bomb compared to Born To Die? Am I getting her confused with some other tumblr-centric blandry. Who knows. Vote Hillary.

9 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I thought people stopped caring about her even before the last album. Didn't Ultraviolet bomb compared to Born To Die? Am I getting her confused with some other tumblr-centric blandry. Who knows. Vote Hillary.

Well she's not exactly where her first two viral sensation singles would have had her five years on, but that would have been well above Latitude. Thankfully she has actually honed her craft as a songwriter since the first second album instead and is seemingly so stuck in that she doesn't really tour that frequently, but she was doing big festivals this year and Latitude would be perfect fit size and style-wise.

Edited by dentalplan

• 2 weeks later...