Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

i don't want either but think we are likely to see one of them as it seems Latitude has for the last few years 'elevated' such a band to headliner status.

Reckon TDCC might've missed their chance when they pulled out. I'm not sure how this new album has/will do but I don't see them returning to quite the same heights they were at before. And I think The 1975 will go away for a year and return to (co)headline Reading/Leeds in 2018 with a new album rather than go for the smaller festivals first 

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Reckon TDCC might've missed their chance when they pulled out. I'm not sure how this new album has/will do but I don't see them returning to quite the same heights they were at before. And I think The 1975 will go away for a year and return to (co)headline Reading/Leeds in 2018 with a new album rather than go for the smaller festivals first 

I agree with you on TDCC, but haven't The 1975 already said they're working on putting out a new one soon and are pretty keen on touring constantly until they drop dead (one can but hope).

3 hours ago, johnl said:

Bastille for the bump-up maybe? Gorillaz look a pretty safe bet to me given Damon's Latitude history and maybe a Nick Cave festival exclusive to round things off.

I was thinking those three but Gorillaz aren't doing fests according to Rob Da Bank; Nick might not even be touring at this rate and Bastille... well there's still a chance of them but there are a few younger British acts that could be bumped up and The xx are front of those possibilities (if there's just one, no reason why that'd be though).

So uh, Bon Iver, The xx, and then maybe one of the regular expectations of Bjork or Massive Attack. The survey had Kylie as a headline option which would be a curveball,

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I agree with you on TDCC, but haven't The 1975 already said they're working on putting out a new one soon and are pretty keen on touring constantly until they drop dead (one can but hope).

Yo I see that you're pushing The 1975 as a headliner because you're tempted to check them out but you need a 'reason to listen to them'. Just do it man.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Yo I see that you're pushing The 1975 as a headliner because you're tempted to check them out but you need a 'reason to listen to them'. Just do it man.

Pushing The 1975 because I'm preparing myself for the first year in 6 when I miss Latitude, poop headliners will make that easier.

1 hour ago, dirty_dog said:

I had the misfortune of seeing the 1975  twice at Glastonbury a few years ago and they where piss poor.

have they improved recently ?

Never seen them (properly) but probably not. Their music has though, and really when you look at it it's not that much different to pop put out by Chvrches and M83 sorts so they don't really deserve the stick they get. I think they're pretty self aware too and they play up to what they're portrayed as with tongue in cheek, although that's neither here nor there when it comes to their live shows.

On 19/10/2016 at 1:59 PM, dentalplan said:

Never seen them (properly) but probably not. Their music has though, and really when you look at it it's not that much different to pop put out by Chvrches and M83 sorts so they don't really deserve the stick they get. I think they're pretty self aware too and they play up to what they're portrayed as with tongue in cheek, although that's neither here nor there when it comes to their live shows.

Also this second record has fared a lot better critically, Mercury Prize nominated etc, so Latitude probably wouldn't consider themselves above booking them to the same extent they might well have done when Matty's bunch were the target of so much ire from every angle. Although I guess they did book Catfish and the Bottlemen recently so maybe the organisers aren't so pretentious as they try to pretend anyway.

Edited by Zac Quinn

On 27/10/2016 at 11:36 AM, tillyandthewall said:

I'd like a proper Sunday lunch act for 2017. Hacienda Classical would be great, an unusual spectacle that would set up the day nicely.

Like your thinking. Can anyone tell me when announcements and/or reliable rumours are likely to start happening for this one?

Haven't been since 2013 but will be going in 2017, taking Child 3 to his first proper festival.

Looking at last year's line-up I was, regretfully, pretty underwhelmed with the late night stuff compared to my three previous Latitudes (first in 2008). I know I'm completely spoiled now by Glastonbury, but is there really the paucity of late night dance music that I'm getting from last year's offerings?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

4 hours ago, ciderbus said:

Like your thinking. Can anyone tell me when announcements and/or reliable rumours are likely to start happening for this one?

Pretty sure announcements don't start until about March for this one :( Certainly that was the case in 2015 because I spent the morning of my birthday being disappointed with Lauren Laverne for announcing Noel Gallagher.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:16 AM, Uncle Liam said:

Yeah they announce the full lineup in March it seems. Doesn't make much sense to me, allows other festivals to get ahead somewhat. 

Not really. I'll be booking my families tickets in December on the instalment plan, so in a similar vain to Glastonbury I'm booking without knowing who is playing but having faith that a good line-up will be put together. The festival hasn't let me down for the last two years so I suspect a lot of regulars book tickets early as well.