Alcohol at Reading?

Ruby2582

I've got two day tickets for reading on the Friday and Saturday, I'm just under 18 so can't buy drink at the festival, and I know it's really expensive anyways. Any advice for bringing alcohol in? Can't bring it with me because I'm a day ticketer so bringing a big bag would be suspicious.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks! :) 

If you're ok with wine id get some small bags of it, wear wellies regardless of weather and have 1 bag down the back of each one, bag taped to the stomach/back. cans you can get one in the back of each wellie and cover with baggy jeans, if you have long hair you can clip a couple of miniature spirit bottles underneath? (haven't tried that one but its a good idea in theory..)

Honestly just get inventive, where there's a will there's a way. I'd also consider getting a small bottle of vodka, emptying it into a small water bottle and gluing the little safety bit back on so it looks closed, pop that in a bag and fill the vodka bottle with water and place it next to it, hope that the find the 'vodka' bottle and take the bait thinking that's it, you're all well and good getting sneaky but decoys go a long way.

hope this helps, I don't condone underage drinking as I'm an old boring f*** nowadays but taking your own in is better than relying on some dodgy idiots getting you some in there.

4 hours ago, Dave9280 said:

If you're ok with wine id get some small bags of it, wear wellies regardless of weather and have 1 bag down the back of each one, bag taped to the stomach/back. cans you can get one in the back of each wellie and cover with baggy jeans, if you have long hair you can clip a couple of miniature spirit bottles underneath? (haven't tried that one but its a good idea in theory..)

Honestly just get inventive, where there's a will there's a way. I'd also consider getting a small bottle of vodka, emptying it into a small water bottle and gluing the little safety bit back on so it looks closed, pop that in a bag and fill the vodka bottle with water and place it next to it, hope that the find the 'vodka' bottle and take the bait thinking that's it, you're all well and good getting sneaky but decoys go a long way.

hope this helps, I don't condone underage drinking as I'm an old boring f*** nowadays but taking your own in is better than relying on some dodgy idiots getting you some in there.

Loving the water bottle vodka swapping idea, so I'm thinking of bringing a bag with a few water bottles (one with vodka) and an actual vodka bottle too as the decoy. Do you think I'll still need the decoy though if I'm bringing other water bottles? Or should I bring it just to be safe? I'll also be bringing a bottle of coke for mixing. I'm just hoping it doesn't look suspicious though, I guess I'm just overthinking it. Has the decoy idea worked for you? 

honestly I never really drank much before I was 18 anyway ( no idea why, just happened that way) so my experience is based on getting alcohol into the arena where its not allowed, if you have a bottle of vodka as a decoy it tends to be seen as ' high yield' rather than a single can where they would suspect more. if they find that in your bag and think ' wow this person is stupid' they're more likely to drop their guard thinking they found it all.

don't think the coke matters much tbh...

Easiest way to get it in the arena is to very carefully take a water bottle lid off with the security thing still in tact (with patience it's not that hard).

They've gotten pretty wise to the "welly cans" idea now! Although a can of beer in your bag isn't a bad idea. You won't have to throw it either - just down it at the entrance when they see it!