First time at reading, day ticket, have some questions

Ruby2582

So I'm going to reading festival for the first time next week, I've been searching around trying to find answers to a couple questions but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have two day tickets, one for Friday and one for Saturday. The ticket says the site opens from 9.30am but the arena opens at 11am, does that mean that once I get into the site I can go to the campsite and see my friends (who have weekend tickets) before I line up to go into the arena? Or is there a different route for day ticket holders that doesn't go through the campsite?

2) Also, I'm unsure of what time I actually have to leave the site by? Is there a specific time that day ticket holders have to be out by?

3) Lastly, as I'm leaving the site will I be walking through the campsite? If so, would it be possible for me to visit my friends for a while before I actually leave? I know I won't be allowed back into the arena if I do this but is it possible? Sorry there's a lot of questions, thanks in advance! :)

9 hours ago, Ruby2582 said:

So I'm going to reading festival for the first time next week, I've been searching around trying to find answers to a couple questions but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have two day tickets, one for Friday and one for Saturday. The ticket says the site opens from 9.30am but the arena opens at 11am, does that mean that once I get into the site I can go to the campsite and see my friends (who have weekend tickets) before I line up to go into the arena? Or is there a different route for day ticket holders that doesn't go through the campsite?

2) Also, I'm unsure of what time I actually have to leave the site by? Is there a specific time that day ticket holders have to be out by?

3) Lastly, as I'm leaving the site will I be walking through the campsite? If so, would it be possible for me to visit my friends for a while before I actually leave? I know I won't be allowed back into the arena if I do this but is it possible? Sorry there's a lot of questions, thanks in advance! :)

Entrance for day tickets is via the Green entrance which goes straight in to the green camp. From here you can walk around the campsite anywhere you want until the arena opens.

Based on clashfinder (http:///s/read2016/) the Saturday entertainment will go on until nearly 4am but if you leave the site you won't be allowed back in.

There's a few exits and no checks when you leave the arena to the campsite so there's nothing to say you can't hang around for about with your friends.

Andrew pretty much covered it but with the third question I believe that last year they opened up a third exit (normally green and yellow) for day ticket holders, nobody's going to stop you if you go through those 2  but I think the third that they opened up was just for day ticket holders and it went straight out bypassing the camps (I'm not 100% sure on that though) it would be worth making sure you exit through yellow/green camp arena exits when you do just in case, there's nothing stopping you staying with your mates and lining up the next day for your Saturday ticket.

To point 3:

Last year I had a Saturday day ticket, and I didn't go to the exit that is on the current map behind the main stage. I walked through campsites. There was no one stopping you from wandering off, and even staying in a tent over night if you wanted to. You just wouldn't be able to get in to the arena the next day with a day wristband on

Thanks for the help everyone! 

Last, anybody got advice for bringing alcohol in? I'm nearly 18 but not quite so can't buy alcohol there (plus I know it's way expensive at festivals) and because I've got a day ticket I know I can't bring a big bag in because it'd be suspicious.

Any ideas? Creative as you like :D 

On 19 August 2016 at 8:09 PM, NHOO said:

I left via the exit by the main stage on a day ticket last year and it directs you away from the campsites and back out to the road, so don't head that way if you want to stay as there is no way back in.

Yep - exit to the left of main stage goes straight to richfield ave, one at the back goes to yellow and the side one goes to green.