Arena after the bands

NHOO

I'm a weekender veteran but only a couple of day tickets this year.  Do the bars in the arena stay open after the last act and is the alternative stage a silent disco and therefore rammed? Usually I head off to the campsite but not an option with a day ticket.  Cheers!

Edited by NHOO

I'm a long-time local veteran too, but only going on Sunday this year.

They've become a lot stricter about closure of the bars in the Arena not long after the headliner has finished in recent years. You will be able to get a drink, but not stay for ages - less than an hour after the headline finish noramlly, Security come and shoo people out.

As for exiting the Arena at the 'rear' entrance onto the campsites, in all my years of going nobody has ever checked my wristband on exiting the Arena, they just want people out of the Area so they can lock the place up. There is a later bar on the campsite that stay open that you can go to - shown in 'Baker Lane Village' on the map.  Perhaps this has changed now though?

http://www.readingfestival.com/information/map-0