Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / Stormzy / HAIM / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest
Other: Major Lazer / Emeli Sande / The Flaming Lips / London Grammar / Circa Waves
West Holts: ??? / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Sampha / Thundercat / Songhoy Blues / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Future Islands / Halsey / Wiley / Tove Lo
Park: Moderat / Mark Lanegan / Sleaford Mods / Temples / Lisa Hannigan

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Lorde / Kaiser Chiefs / Craig David / Clean Bandit
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Courteeners / Run the Jewels
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / BadBadNotGood
John Peel: Dizzee Rascal / Goldfrapp / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Declan McKenna / Loyle Carner
Park: Warpaint / Ride / Joe Goddard / Angel Olsen / The Moonlandingz

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry / Chic / Barry Gibb / Laura Marling / Rag'n'Bone Man
Other: The National / George Ezra / Phoenix / Father John Misty / Glass Animals / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power
West Holts: Justice
John Peel: Metronomy / First Aid Kit / Girl Ray / All We Are
Park: Cinematic Orchestra / Little Dragon / The Can Project / The Lemon Twigs

Silver Hayes: Annie Mac / Kano / DJ Shadow / Nines / Shaggy / Boys Noize / Kurupt FM / Noisia
Acoustic: Ani DiFranco / Martha Wainright
Avalon: Birdy
Glade: Sasha and John Digweed

Clashtastic, and long days - but I'd take it with bells on.

I like the idea of Justice doing a 10 hour set on West holts Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Neil said he believes perry is before Radiohead. 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought he was joking?!

Aye that was surely a joke. I know they often do oddball things like this but when you've got The xx and The National on board as perfect possible subs and Sheeran (or even Foos) playing another day you don't stick Katy Perry on before Radiohead. I know it all comes down to when acts are available but I'd bet good money on this not happening.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye that was surely a joke. I know they often do oddball things like this but when you've got The xx and The National on board as perfect possible subs and Sheeran (or even Foos) playing another day you don't stick Katy Perry on before Radiohead. I know it all comes down to when acts are available but I'd bet good money on this not happening.

Yeah I think the XX and National thing is the key here. If only 1 of them was playing then it very much could happen. There is only really one way of having both of them in semi-realistic slots with Perry on the Friday.

Radiohead // Katy Perry // Royal Blood

Major Lazer

--------

Foo Fighters // The National // Lorde

Alt-J

--------

Ed Sheeran // The XX // Chic

Biffy Clyro

I don't like The national there though.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

For the TV audience I can imagine her being Saturday before Foo Fighters. Can't see Friday.

Just now, mjsell said:

If The National are doing anything other than headlining Other or subbing Radiohead then they're gonna die on their arse. After the Beck fiasco last year I hope/think the organisers would be smart enough to not make the same mistake again.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If The National are doing anything other than headlining Other or subbing Radiohead then they're gonna die on their arse. After the Beck fiasco last year I hope/think the organisers would be smart enough to not make the same mistake again.

Yeah that's the biggest problem with Perry Friday, and why I cant see it being a possiblity. The National wouldnt be a realistic Other headliner against Ed would they? I dont quite know their actual popularity, just assumed they wouldnt have the pull against Ed.

Saturday for Perry has some legs though I'd say.

I just don't see the run of Gibb, Chic, Perry, Ed happening on the Sunday.

19 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Yeah I think the XX and National thing is the key here. If only 1 of them was playing then it very much could happen. There is only really one way of having both of them in semi-realistic slots with Perry on the Friday.

Radiohead // Katy Perry // Royal Blood

Major Lazer

--------

Foo Fighters // The National // Lorde

Alt-J

--------

Ed Sheeran // The XX // Chic

Biffy Clyro

I'll be left well and truly baffled if the Friday and Saturday line up like that.

Biffy are so very obviously subbing Foos too.

10 minutes ago, mjsell said:

The National wouldnt be a realistic Other headliner against Ed would they? I dont quite know their actual popularity, just assumed they wouldnt have the pull against Ed.

I had a similar thought but then they put LCD up against Coldplay which is a similar situation - they'd need to put something a bit more alternative up against the poppy Sheeran and The National fit that bill, although could also be Biffy I suppose which would lend itself to Katy P being Foos sub (and, I'd assume, The xx subbing Ed with The National below Radiohead).

11 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / Stormzy / HAIM / Kris Kristofferson / Kate Tempest
Other: Major Lazer / Emeli Sande / The Flaming Lips / London Grammar / Circa Waves
West Holts: ??? / Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals / Sampha / Thundercat / Songhoy Blues / Nadia Rose
John Peel: Future Islands / Halsey / Wiley / Tove Lo
Park: Moderat / Mark Lanegan / Sleaford Mods / Temples / Lisa Hannigan

Saturday:
Pyramid: Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Lorde / Kaiser Chiefs / Craig David / Clean Bandit
Other: alt-J / Boy Better Know / Courteeners / Run the Jewels
West Holts: The Jacksons / Solange / The Avalanches / Toots and the Maytals / BadBadNotGood
John Peel: Dizzee Rascal / Goldfrapp / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Declan McKenna / Loyle Carner
Park: Warpaint / Ride / Joe Goddard / Angel Olsen / The Moonlandingz

Sunday:
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry / Chic / Barry Gibb / Laura Marling / Rag'n'Bone Man
Other: The National / George Ezra / Phoenix / Father John Misty / Glass Animals / Wild Beasts / British Sea Power
West Holts: Justice
John Peel: Metronomy / First Aid Kit / Girl Ray / All We Are
Park: Cinematic Orchestra / Little Dragon / The Can Project / The Lemon Twigs

Silver Hayes: Annie Mac / Kano / DJ Shadow / Nines / Shaggy / Boys Noize / Kurupt FM / Noisia
Acoustic: Ani DiFranco / Martha Wainright
Avalon: Birdy
Glade: Sasha and John Digweed

Dynamo - Dunno if it's the magician or the band that seems to exist.

That ??? on Friday WH is Bonobo but I didn't wanna start adding in other acts yet. Obviously once you get lower down on the stages the days are just random really.

Edit: Before people say it, I think Stormzy and Wiley are only on Saturday Other on the rumours page is because Neil thought they were somehow involved with BBK (he mentioned earlier that he was told about Stormzy/Wiley etc headlining it on the Saturday which makes no sense). Think he just assumed they were all one thing and would be performing together or something. That info clearly was duff as it included Justice headlining Other. Apologies if this explanation is unclear.

Yeah I'd take this. That Other Stage run on the Sunday looks too good though, very much 6Music rather than Radio 1...

6 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Yeah I'd take this. That Other Stage run on the Sunday looks too good though, very much 6Music rather than Radio 1...

Fair bit of Indie/pop landfill to be added to the Other I imagine. Not that much of that on that first poster.

Who are we going for the Other opener then? Elbow?

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim, Declan McKenna

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit, London Grammar

Other: The National, Phoenix, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

Edited to remove the 2nd Flaming Lips. I think the other on Sunday is set up nicely to oppose what's going on on the pyramid. Like Will, I'm not going to predict acts who haven't been announced but I can also see Bonobo headlining West Holts on the Friday.

Edited by The Placid Casual

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

Friday:

Pyramid: Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Kris Kristofferson, Shaggy, Kate Tempest

Other: Major Lazer, The Flaming Lips, The Courteeners, Dizzee Rascal, Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Temples

JP: Future Islands, Halsey, Wiley, Tove Lo

WH: Unknown, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Sampha, Songhoy Blues

Park: First Aid Kit, Mark Lanegan, Angel Olsen, The Moonlandingz

Saturday:

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Lorde, Kaiser Chiefs, Craig David, Haim, Declan McKenna

Other: Alt J, Boy Better Know, George Ezra

JP: Run the Jewels, Goldfrapp, British Sea Power

WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots and the Maytals, BadBadNotGood

Park: Warpaint, Ride

Sunday:

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Emile Sande, Barry Gibb, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Clean Bandit, London Grammar

Other: The National, Phoenix, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, Wild Beasts

JP: Metronomy, Circa Waves, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are

WH: Justice, Moderat, Thundercat

Park: Laura Marling, Little Dragon, The CAN Project, The Lemon Twigs

Edited to remove the 2nd Flaming Lips. I think the other on Sunday is set up nicely to oppose what's going on on the pyramid.

London Grammar to open the Sunday Pyramid? Surely they'll be given a much better slot than that