Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

On 09/03/2017 at 4:49 AM, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

Pyramid

Radiohead, The XX, Elbow, A Tribe Called Quest, Christine & the Queens,Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, Junun

Other

The Weeknd, Royal Blood, Lorde, You Me At Six, Halsey, British Sea Power,Nothing But Thieves, Rat Boy, King Gizzard, The Kooks

West Holts

Jamiroquai, St Germain, Jungle, Jackson Browne, BadBadNotGood, King Sunny Ade

The Park

Warpaint, Mark Lanegan Band, Birdy, Arab Strap, Whitney, Kaleo, Xavier Rudd, Cigarettes After Sex, Julia Jacklin

John Peel

Liam Gallagher, Charli XCX, Crystal Fighters, Sohn , Loyle Carner, Maggie Rogers, King Krule, Pond, The Lemon Twigs, The Amazons

SATURDAY

Pyramid

Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher, Kaiser Chiefs, Brian Wilson, Kodaline, Dua Lipa, Michael Kiwanuka, Lucy Rose

Other

Alt-J Justice, Boy Better Know, Wiley, Jack Garratt, Slaves, The Kills, Kate Nash, Milky Chance, Cabbage

West Holts

The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Afriquoi, Cananlon de Timbiqui, United Vibrations

The Park

Bonobo, Wild Beasts, Tycho, Grandaddy, Angel Olsen, Asgeir, Margaret Glaspy , Kevin Morby, Honeyblood

John Peel

Haim, Foster the People, Everything Everything, The Hives, Phantogram, Broods, Temples, The Japanese House, Let’s Eat Grandma, The Parrots

SUNDAY

Pyramid

Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Emeli Sande, Barry Gibb, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Black Dyke Band

Other

Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Phoenix, London Grammar, Circa Waves, Lukas Graham, Cage the Elephant , Declan McKenna, Sundara Karma

West Holts

Damian Marley, DJ Shadow, Erasure, Public Service Broadcasting, Goat , Romperayo

The Park

Laura Marling First Aid Kit, Kurt Vile, Sleaford Mods, Nick Mulvey, Ray BLK, Sunflower Bean, Margo Price

John Peel

Run the Jewels, Alunageorge , Teenage Fanclub, Nao, The Temper Trap, Shura, The Big Moon, October Drift

That FRidaz Pyramid run would be amazing - bar Elbow. Shame about the repeated Jam + RH clashes.
Sat is all about the West Holts - just look at that back to back of Toots and Avalanches - amazing. Solange is not my cup of tea but I'd prob just stick around and have some dinner and wait for the Jacksons.
Sunday is the weakest for me personally... Emeli Sande and Gaga are the only must sees. Maybe Run the Jewels too. Craig David would just be for fun.

Nuce prediction!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Are Maccabees being totally wrote off for the Sunday now?

Its not inconceivable but is unlikely as the only day they can do is the sunday and would mean them playing 9/10 days. Also a question over where they would fit in if they did play given they don't have any new material to promote. Personally, I hope they are there, but if they aren't then I have one less clash to worry about as I'm seeing them at their final 2 shows.

On 09/03/2017 at 1:04 PM, evannn said:

I think most of those predictions were originally based on Kraftwerk  only being able to play Sunday. Now that's been ruled out I don't know of any reason, not to say there isn't one 

Have Kraftwerk been ruled out to play Glastonbury? 

I see a lot of people predicting Lady Gaga to sub either Foo Fighters or Ed Sheeran, but I really don't think it's happening. Even though her latest album hasn't even been that successful in the UK, she's still way too big not to headline. It's actually really weird (and impressive) how she cemented her status as this pop icon so early in her career. 

And considering Ed Sheeran is probably the Sunday headliner, my guess is that she's not playing Glastonbury at all.

Edited by SOADOWN

42 minutes ago, SOADOWN said:

I see a lot of people predicting Lady Gaga to sub either Foo Fighters or Ed Sheeran, but I really don't think it's happening. Even though her latest album hasn't even been that successful in the UK, she's still way too big not to headline. It's actually really weird (and impressive) how she cemented her status as this pop icon so early in her career. 

And considering Ed Sheeran is probably the Sunday headliner, my guess is that she's not playing Glastonbury at all.

Yeah probably not, but I won't fully believe she's not gonna be there until the lineup is out - she's given too many little hints for me to fully discard her being there at all.

21 hours ago, theDandy said:

This really is fantastic news, fingers crossed for them for the Sunday 

I think it's looking very likely. And i still don't have a ticket. Arghhh. Although i have got tickets to see them in November in my home town of Manchester so at least there's that. 

Wasn't that bothered about missing glasto this yr but with Radiohead n foos already confirmed and quite a few SR's from other acts I like, I'm starting to get very down. I hate how the one year you don't get a ticket they bring out Radiohead and God himself, Dave Grohl. 

If Jamiroquai end up playing west holts Sunday and i don't get resale ticket, I'm going to be on a serious downer for sure. 

On 3/9/2017 at 3:49 AM, 01seb said:

FRIDAY

Pyramid

Radiohead, The XX, Elbow, A Tribe Called Quest, Christine & the Queens,Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, Junun

Other

The Weeknd, Royal Blood, Lorde, You Me At Six, Halsey, British Sea Power,Nothing But Thieves, Rat Boy, King Gizzard, The Kooks

West Holts

Jamiroquai, St Germain, Jungle, Jackson Browne, BadBadNotGood, King Sunny Ade

The Park

Warpaint, Mark Lanegan Band, Birdy, Arab Strap, Whitney, Kaleo, Xavier Rudd, Cigarettes After Sex, Julia Jacklin

John Peel

Liam Gallagher, Charli XCX, Crystal Fighters, Sohn , Loyle Carner, Maggie Rogers, King Krule, Pond, The Lemon Twigs, The Amazons

SATURDAY

Pyramid

Foo Fighters, Noel Gallagher, Kaiser Chiefs, Brian Wilson, Kodaline, Dua Lipa, Michael Kiwanuka, Lucy Rose

Other

Alt-J Justice, Boy Better Know, Wiley, Jack Garratt, Slaves, The Kills, Kate Nash, Milky Chance, Cabbage

West Holts

The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Afriquoi, Cananlon de Timbiqui, United Vibrations

The Park

Bonobo, Wild Beasts, Tycho, Grandaddy, Angel Olsen, Asgeir, Margaret Glaspy , Kevin Morby, Honeyblood

John Peel

Haim, Foster the People, Everything Everything, The Hives, Phantogram, Broods, Temples, The Japanese House, Let’s Eat Grandma, The Parrots

SUNDAY

Pyramid

Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Emeli Sande, Barry Gibb, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Blossoms, Black Dyke Band

Other

Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Phoenix, London Grammar, Circa Waves, Lukas Graham, Cage the Elephant , Declan McKenna, Sundara Karma

West Holts

Damian Marley, DJ Shadow, Erasure, Public Service Broadcasting, Goat , Romperayo

The Park

Laura Marling First Aid Kit, Kurt Vile, Sleaford Mods, Nick Mulvey, Ray BLK, Sunflower Bean, Margo Price

John Peel

Run the Jewels, Alunageorge , Teenage Fanclub, Nao, The Temper Trap, Shura, The Big Moon, October Drift

I will take this

4 hours ago, Robster86 said:

I will take this

Me too - if the final lineup looks mostly like that, it'll have the makings of vintage. And that's before the rest of the festival is known. It's a relief to know at least that Jamiroquai are in London on Friday and Saturday eve, so no car crash clash with Radiohead.

1 minute ago, fingers_mark said:

That prediction looks great! Would take half of that.

No Future Islands? Playing Hurricane in Germany that weekend, and a Cologne show on 27th, so hopefully a Friday or Saturday appearance.

Exclusive elsewhere (Green Man or one of those other similar small fests).

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Haim, A Tribe Called Quest, Rag 'n' Bone Man.
Other: Justice, London Grammar, Liam Gallagher  (Elbow opening other).
West Holts: The Jacksons, Chance the Rapper
John Peel: Dizzie Rascal

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Chic Ft Nile Rogers, Craig David's TS5
Other: Alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy
West Holts: Jamiroquai
John Peel: The Flaming Lips

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Emeli Sande, Barry Gib, Blossoms
Other: Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Courteeners
West Holts: Bonobo
John Peel: Run The Jewels

I literally hate my own prediction but its the only thing I can think right now.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Haim, A Tribe Called Quest, Rag 'n' Bone Man.
Other: Justice, London Grammar, Liam Gallagher  (Elbow opening other).
West Holts: The Jacksons, Chance the Rapper
John Peel: Dizzie Rascal

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde, Chic Ft Nile Rogers, Craig David's TS5
Other: Alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy
West Holts: Jamiroquai
John Peel: The Flaming Lips

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, The Weeknd, Emeli Sande, Barry Gib, Blossoms
Other: Green Day, Imagine Dragons, Courteeners
West Holts: Bonobo
John Peel: Run The Jewels

I literally hate my own prediction but its the only thing I can think right now.

Isn't The Jacksons a TBC for Saturday?

Does anyone else think we are due for a big surprise or 2 on the line up? I remember in 2011 being shocked in a good way at Morrissey & QOTSA being there.

I have a feeling something or someone big & unexpected could turn up in a prominent slot. Probably sunday other headliner. I don't quite buy Green Day for some reason.