Great acts and app

salmac

Wow! What a year. I love the new android app. Made life easier as I had so many to see. Iissed so many artists because of crowd restriction due to the new layout. At one point I got stuck between open air and food stalls and missed half the act on siam stage as crowds settled and queues formed. Even pushing through was impossible.

I loved Soom T, the breath, Ibrahim maalouf ( I think that's how its spelt), Inna modja, ADF were a great opener on main stage Thursday, grit orchestra, buika, hindi zahra, this is the kit, anoushka Shankar, ana tijoix, Lula pena, Roots manuva, cabrueta, aynur, and was moved to almost tears by Hanoi masters. Just a few but Les Amazon's d'afrique were awesome....really brought the house down for a perfect early Sunday evening. Shame Baaba Maal is still intending to play Israel....many pissed off about that. His management threatened to have security remove a gentle elderly woman who asked him very politely and respectfully ( at his signing...she had a copy of his album) to reconsider on humanitarian grounds. Hecwas nasty whilst Baaba just smiled so his gig was great but I refused to buy his album. All in all many more artists I loved, best year in a long time...next year I will consider being cloned so I don't miss out. Oh and WOMAD ....please reconsider the main arena layout again, movement was very restricted and I hated being led around all the trader stalls to get to a stages...felt more capitalist led.

2 minutes ago, salmac said:

Wow! What a year. I love the new android app. Made life easier as I had so many to see. Iissed so many artists because of crowd restriction due to the new layout. At one point I got stuck between open air and food stalls and missed half the act on siam stage as crowds settled and queues formed. Even pushing through was impossible.

when was that? While the space around the main stage was smaller than it might have been, I had no problems getting round the back of the crowd for each of the headliners. The biggest crowd was for George Clinton, but getting round the back was easy.