cidy

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...
Just now, eFestivals said:

John Peel field, I think it is.

It's amazing how different it all looks without the festival infrastructure, tho, so it can be hard to tell.

Reading a thread from 2015 Scottie says it's in the hospitality field next to disabled camping, so not quite the jp field, although all of the above I believe have moved since then 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

This is just for the local community tho isn't it.. Great that it helps the village.... Happy weekend people 

There was a large queue this morning when the festival office opened. I got chatting to a group of 6 who had come down from the Midlands for the Glastonbury Extravaganza and who were each planning to purchase the maximum of 10 tickets to sell on to their mates. I told them the event was primarily for locals and was told to fuck off.  Had the last laugh when we got to the festival office entrance after about an hours wait when they were told by a security guy it was cash sales only and that they would have to go to cash point and join the back of the queue.

41 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

There was a large queue this morning when the festival office opened. I got chatting to a group of 6 who had come down from the Midlands for the Glastonbury Extravaganza and who were each planning to purchase the maximum of 10 tickets to sell on to their mates. I told them the event was primarily for locals and was told to fuck off.  Had the last laugh when we got to the festival office entrance after about an hours wait when they were told by a security guy it was cash sales only and that they would have to go to cash point and join the back of the queue.

What kind of 'friend' sells you a gig ticket at a markup to face value?  I'm assuming that's the case here else why bother to get so many?  

Utter knobheads.  Hopefully they went home empty handed - except that leaves their 'friends' ignorant of what dicks they are.

People camping next to us, said there was a really long queue yesterday, didn't know the sale was on or would have bought a few tickets. I know its for the benefit of the locals as a thank you but I didn't think it was restricted to local attendance only. Obviously they are trying to make that happen with cash only sales in the town and at the office, I guess they could ask for local ID to really limit the access but then they would look a bit off later when they do sell them online to anyone

24 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

People camping next to us, said there was a really long queue yesterday, didn't know the sale was on or would have bought a few tickets. I know its for the benefit of the locals as a thank you but I didn't think it was restricted to local attendance only. Obviously they are trying to make that happen with cash only sales in the town and at the office, I guess they could ask for local ID to really limit the access but then they would look a bit off later when they do sell them online to anyone

When I got mine around 1pm they were looking for more books of tickets and my ticket number was nearing 3000. A lot more probably went in the following two hours.

It's not restricted to locals, but is meant to benefit them most - and generally does.

The reason the tickets were on sale locally for two days was so that locals could have first access. After that, any tickets left go on general sale online which is fine. I can't understand the thinking of advertising on the festival website in advance and putting them on sale on the day of the Extravagansa which is guaranteed to generate interest outside the local area.

On 8/5/2017 at 7:37 PM, Ommadawn said:

Bit much mate? What is the problem with people buying tickets for their mates?