Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After failing to get Glastonbury tickets this time round we are considering trying Benicassim next year instead.

Anyone have any idea when tickets normally sell out?

Had a quick look online and couldn't see many hotels with availability in the area

Any tips or recommendations for a first timer? 

5 hours ago, Bekah551 said:

After failing to get Glastonbury tickets this time round we are considering trying Benicassim next year instead.

Had a quick look online and couldn't see many hotels with availability in the area

I haven't known it to sell out ! Try Rentalia or Interhomes for apartments , we are in Oropesa but getting to and from the fest can be a nightmare 

2 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

I haven't known it to sell out ! Try Rentalia or Interhomes for apartments , we are in Oropesa but getting to and from the fest can be a nightmare 

I have stayed at a campsite in beni before, more expensive but had its own swimming pool showers etc http://bonterrapark.com/en/services loved it stayed a week think it was around 160 euros

13 hours ago, gedkelly said:

13 hours ago, soupspice11 said:

I have stayed at a campsite in beni before, more expensive but had its own swimming pool showers etc http://bonterrapark.com/en/services loved it stayed a week think it was around 160 euros

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll check them out.

How easy is it to get to and from the festival if we were to stay somewhere a little future out?

Like Castellon or oropesa

21 hours ago, Bekah551 said:

Hi how many going with you?

There's this guy who dropped a few hints about each wave of announcements last year -he works on press and received the announcements like the day before-. He said last week the same I posted: one name next week, no idea about which band. Tomorrow is public holiday here in Spain so I guess they will post something like 'Tomorrow!' on Wednesday/Thursday with the announcement on Thursday/Friday.

Conveniently, Super Bock Super Rock -same dates as Beni- are announcing their first headliner today and they tend to share a good percentage of headliners. If they announce RHCP, it's done for Beni.

14 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Why not both? 

Check this year's line-up and the previous one. There are only one MASSIVE band and RHCP sold out 15000 ppl arenas twice in Madrid and Barcelona a month ago (60000 ppl). 

As far as I know, bookers wanted for this year to repeat the same formula they used last year. That means one big band regardless of its quality. We could have a massive, good one -Radiohead- or a shitty one -RHCP- but to think we could have both is quite naive.

RHCP will be playing on Saturday. The only thing to wonder about is whether the announcement on Thursday will include any more names or not.

19 hours ago, Nesser said:

RHCP just announced as headliners the day before Benicassim on Lisbon. 

Sorry, guys.

Why so sorry?  For me, RHCP are a bit of a MUSE, in that I wouldn't go to an arena and see them (and don't own any of their albums), but it would be great if they were announced as Sat night headliner, and I'd certainly enjoy going to watch them, with another 40k+ audience.  No issues for me.  If one other of the Gorillaz, Roses, or Radiohead are announced at a later stage, then that would be decent.  The Oasis reunion rumours are gaining momentum by the day too, but I can't see it myself.  

Here goes nothing...

Headliners:

Radiohead
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Kings Of Leon
Stone Roses

Would think 2/4 of those for the Friday & Saturday

Likely/possibly due to new albums, same similar UK festival appearances TBA etc:

Courteeners
Two Door Cinema Club
Blossoms
White Lies
Royal Blood
Twin Atlantic
Slaves
Circa Waves

Sundara Karma
Drenge

Hoping they take a risk and go for something like LCD Soundsystem/Run The Jewels etc.

A band who isn't headliner material (yet): Major Lazer, Florence, Run the Jewels.

A mid/high act: ChemBros, The Prodigy

The Headliner: Muse, Blur, RHCP

Some 'classy' act: Kendrick, Portishead, LCD Soundsystem

Please, forget Radiohead, Stone Roses and that kind of bands. They are simply not happening with RHCP being the main headliner of this year.