Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to benicassim since 2015 and I've got the blues this time around. With no Glastonbury on next year I really want to go back, regardless of lineup.

Theres no official announcement but do we think the super early bird usually at 85€ will go on sale Monday?

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

We were just in the apartment last night, hoping there's something else we can do tonight are there any bars/clubs around the beach? Any recommendations please?

Last time I was there 2011. On the Wednesday there was a nightclub having  pre Benni party. This was an open air club next the water park. Sure there was a club in town, on the main street all the way down towards where the other campsite was. Doing a similar thing too.

14 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Oh Benicassim you were bloody wonderful, the best festival of all bar none, the greatest week of my life,see you next year ! 

You were there too?! Was certainly an experience, I'll give it that :)

I ended up seeing it as more of a very good long weekend away with friends where the evenings were spent watching bands rather than in bars & clubs, but was definitely a blast!

I just had an absolutely amazing time, the music was great and I had so much fun. But to be honest I thought the festival itself was an absolute disgrace, it was so badly organised, the staff were all so rude, there was very little security in the areas. Then they started closing all the different paths and sending us all squished in the one way to/from the visa and main stage. 

There were so much drugs and it seemed to attract some of the worst people that British Society had to offer.My girlfriend had sat down with my drink as I went to the toilet, I got back, took up my drink (only my second one of the night) and drank it. Within a few minutes, I got extremely weak, disorientated and hadn't a clue where I even was. I had obviously been drugged. 

The shuttle buses between VillaCamp and the festival often had lines so long that I was quicker walking to the festival arena. Maybe the problem isnt the festival, maybe it is me? I usually go to festivals like Glastonbury, Electric Picnic & T in the Park which are a lot more expensive and so I am used to everything being of a higher standard. 

19 hours ago, dylanii said:

I just had an absolutely amazing time, the music was great and I had so much fun. But to be honest I thought the festival itself was an absolute disgrace, it was so badly organised, the staff were all so rude, there was very little security in the areas. Then they started closing all the different paths and sending us all squished in the one way to/from the visa and main stage. 

There were so much drugs and it seemed to attract some of the worst people that British Society had to offer.My girlfriend had sat down with my drink as I went to the toilet, I got back, took up my drink (only my second one of the night) and drank it. Within a few minutes, I got extremely weak, disorientated and hadn't a clue where I even was. I had obviously been drugged. 

The shuttle buses between VillaCamp and the festival often had lines so long that I was quicker walking to the festival arena. Maybe the problem isnt the festival, maybe it is me? I usually go to festivals like Glastonbury, Electric Picnic & T in the Park which are a lot more expensive and so I am used to everything being of a higher standard. 

T in the park.......a festival that is on hiatus because of how bad a standard it became lol 

On 19/07/2017 at 10:53 AM, Quark said:

You were there too?! Was certainly an experience, I'll give it that :)

I ended up seeing it as more of a very good long weekend away with friends where the evenings were spent watching bands rather than in bars & clubs, but was definitely a blast!

No I'm just making it up mate :lol:

yeah I was there. Only booked it on the Monday after LG tweeted about going to a place called Benicassim. I looked it up saw the line up and saw most of my favourite bands were playing and thought fook I'm going. Left 2 days later. Then I found out it was in a beach resort. Had best time of me life, for an old man! Beat Glasto hands down this year. 9 days on the farm couldn't break me but 5 days at Beni pretty much did. Same again next year please! 

On 27/07/2017 at 1:37 PM, Mondo-kun said:

Where can I find photos from the festival? There were so many photographers at every show, but everything I found is a couple of pics at facebook page and festival website.

Ive seen dozens from each day. From twitter I think then links to the official FB page where they are divided by the day, thu, fri, sat, sun. There's About 30 pics for each night. 

IMG_8093.PNG