Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

16 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Looking for some pretty urgent advice if anyone can help please. Basically our flights are booked to Reus airport and we're really struggling with car hire, none of us have a credit card and it seems nowhere will accept debit cards. I've looked online for train times and there doesn't seem to be any going to Benicassim either. We need Tuesday 11th - Tuesday 18th and the only option at the moment appears to be a very, very expensive transfer from the airport which we simply can't afford.

What options do you think we have, does anyone know of a rental car service that accept debit cards? Do Benicassim offer bus transfers? I've spent the last two hours looking into this and I'm running out of options.

EDIT - I 'think' we may have found a car hire company but can't contact them until tomorrow now. But if anyone has any recommendations of other ways of getting there incase this goes Pete Tong it which be much appreciated :D

Benicassim do direct bus transfers from the airport to the festival on their site

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Looking for some pretty urgent advice if anyone can help please. Basically our flights are booked to Reus airport and we're really struggling with car hire, none of us have a credit card and it seems nowhere will accept debit cards. I've looked online for train times and there doesn't seem to be any going to Benicassim either. We need Tuesday 11th - Tuesday 18th and the only option at the moment appears to be a very, very expensive transfer from the airport which we simply can't afford.

What options do you think we have, does anyone know of a rental car service that accept debit cards? Do Benicassim offer bus transfers? I've spent the last two hours looking into this and I'm running out of options.

EDIT - I 'think' we may have found a car hire company but can't contact them until tomorrow now. But if anyone has any recommendations of other ways of getting there incase this goes Pete Tong it which be much appreciated :D

I booked with 'Do You Spain' using a debit card. Come to think of it I've only ever booked car hire with a debit card.

Edited by Toto Schillaci

Thanks for all the replies really appreciated! Unfortunately the transfer from the airport on the day isn't really an option with there only being three of us!

I tried to contact 'Do You Spain' but they only give you the phone number after booking.. so I have sent an email to them querying something I've seen on the site regarding debit card bookings.

If all else fails I've also seen a fairly decent train from Tarragona to Benicassim which works about 100 euro's cheaper than the car with just two ten minute taxi's to cover so thanks for that recommendation as well. Looks like we'll get something sorted, just don't know what yet :D

On a slighty less stressful note when do people expect us to get the full line up? I'd hope next week at the latest given that'll only be four weekends until the festival!

3 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Thanks for all the replies really appreciated! Unfortunately the transfer from the airport on the day isn't really an option with there only being three of us!

I tried to contact 'Do You Spain' but they only give you the phone number after booking.. so I have sent an email to them querying something I've seen on the site regarding debit card bookings.

If all else fails I've also seen a fairly decent train from Tarragona to Benicassim which works about 100 euro's cheaper than the car with just two ten minute taxi's to cover so thanks for that recommendation as well. Looks like we'll get something sorted, just don't know what yet :D

On a slighty less stressful note when do people expect us to get the full line up? I'd hope next week at the latest given that'll only be four weekends until the festival!

FiB tweeted the other day saying final announcement and splits in around 10 days , so I'm thinking beginning of next week 

Yeah I'm not expecting anything major either would just be nice to get the full picture. Hopefully it'll end with a couple of acts I'll at least go and see though. Still holding out hope for Editors :D but smaller acts like Amazons, DMA's, Milburn, Sundara Karma, Spring King etc. etc. would also be nice. Be interesting to see if we get an obvious replacement for Tyler as well.

On 2017-5-30 at 3:12 PM, GuinnessSupper said:

Everyone. In terms of Benicassim itself:

Can anyone recommend any decent restaurants to eat in during the day? Nothing gourmet by any means, just places that serve something somewhat nutritious to combat the inevitable abuse that the body will endure. 

Also, any particularly nice pubs/restaurants to sit, in the shade, and have a beer/cocktail during the day?

Last time i was there, there was a canny itallian/pizza place next to the beach near Hotel Orange. Also next to the supermarket there, there was a fastfood place called penguins which was canny. Few places along the beach next to Hotel Orange too.

Found the bait in the waterpark to be canny aswell. If your camping i'd recommend going to the water park a couple of days, take a change of clothes for the night and you can get yourself a proper shower/shave in the changing rooms at the waterpark.

has anyone stayed in oropesa del mar for the festival and got any good advice? i.e is there a lot of bars/restaurants or would there be better options within the town of benicassim?

also staying in camping y bungalows oasis so if anyone's ever stayed there - any thoughts would be appreciated.

what is the price of alcohol like within the festival itself? obviously know it won't be cheap but was just wondering if anyone could remember how much roughly it is.

I've seen beni are doing a bus pass for 10$50 that connects to the camp site/music arena/beach/town, has anyone got it before and would say its worth it? or do you tend to not rely on a bus service walk everywhere 

Edited by Taya

13 minutes ago, Taya said:

I've seen beni are doing a bus pass for 10$50 that connects to the camp site/music arena/beach/town, has anyone got it before and would say its worth it? or do you tend to not rely on a bus service walk everywhere 

I would say 100% worth it to get to the beach and back everyday from campsite. Although there is a bit of a que getting back to the campsite in the evening.

Saves a long walk in the morning with a hangover. 

3 hours ago, scanerack said:

Would like to see at least 2 big name DJ's

I'd say there's still 1 or 2 big name DJs TBA. Although 2 Many DJs, Tiga & TCTS is pretty decent. I'd like to see MK, or the likes of Gorgon City, Duke Dumont, or C&S DJ set, for late night raving!!!

1 hour ago, coybig said:

has anyone stayed in oropesa del mar for the festival and got any good advice? i.e is there a lot of bars/restaurants or would there be better options within the town of benicassim?

also staying in camping y bungalows oasis so if anyone's ever stayed there - any thoughts would be appreciated.

what is the price of alcohol like within the festival itself? obviously know it won't be cheap but was just wondering if anyone could remember how much roughly it is.

Ged K from this forum is the oracle on all things Oropesa. Drinks inside are expensive at €3 for a small beer (330ml), so that's €9 for a litre big glass (2 pints). Spirit (generous size, probably a U.K. double>triple) with mixer is also pricey at €9, especially as you can buy a bottle of cheap voddy/gin/rum in Aldi for less than €5. Soft drinks, water, red bull all €3. Bars in town are cheap, small (330ml) cans of beer cost from about 25c-30c in Aldi. Guys selling these cold beers outside the main festival entrance for a euro, which is decent. 

25 minutes ago, Toto Schillaci said:

€9 for 2 pints is actually decent. Less so with the weak pount but still OK for festival prices.

Best way to drink at the festival as andytommo says is to keep going outside for the €1 cans. Few of them between bands and you're set.

did you ever call in the go kart track for a beer ? I wonder what the prices are like there ? I thought the bar that had popped up year before last was a great idea , didn't last though . I got talking to Izzy the bloke who ran it and he felt that the FiB complained , the rteason to shut him down was because over head power lines ran though the site !

2 hours ago, gedkelly said:

did you ever call in the go kart track for a beer ? I wonder what the prices are like there ? I thought the bar that had popped up year before last was a great idea , didn't last though . I got talking to Izzy the bloke who ran it and he felt that the FiB complained , the rteason to shut him down was because over head power lines ran though the site !

No mate never, have you ever been on the karts?

5 hours ago, gedkelly said:

The cocktail bar, in that little tent, about 4 years ago? If so, that was great, and great cocktails for about €7-€8 too.

On 07/06/2017 at 4:10 PM, andytommo said:

The cocktail bar, in that little tent, about 4 years ago? If so, that was great, and great cocktails for about €7-€8 too.

It was a big place , only open for a few days and shut down before the festival started , a massive bar doing food and had a bank of charging port things for phones , we went early to have a pint with him before went into the festival and he was shut , invited us in and we had a free bar all night , got pics of the place some where , will tag you in when I can find them mate , not long now 

Edited by gedkelly

On 2017-6-6 at 11:01 PM, andytommo said:

Ged K from this forum is the oracle on all things Oropesa. Drinks inside are expensive at €3 for a small beer (330ml), so that's €9 for a litre big glass (2 pints). Spirit (generous size, probably a U.K. double>triple) with mixer is also pricey at €9, especially as you can buy a bottle of cheap voddy/gin/rum in Aldi for less than €5. Soft drinks, water, red bull all €3. Bars in town are cheap, small (330ml) cans of beer cost from about 25c-30c in Aldi. Guys selling these cold beers outside the main festival entrance for a euro, which is decent. 

thanks for that mate.

drinks within the festival seem more reasonable that i thought they would be which is a bonus!

15 hours ago, gedkelly said:

It was a big place , only open for a few days and shut down before the festival started , a massive bar doing food and had a bank of charging port things for phones , we went early to have a pint with him before went into the festival and he was shut , invited us in and we had a free bar all night , got pics of the place some where , will tag you in when I can find them mate , not long now 

Where was this Ged, in the town?  Although we only arrive late Wed night this year into Beni, so probably heading straight to the best tapas restaurant in the town!

29 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Where was this Ged, in the town?  Although we only arrive late Wed night this year into Beni, so probably heading straight to the best tapas restaurant in the town!

no , just outside the fest , as you walk from the taxi drop off point , past the go karts it was on the corner at the end of that path , big place , he even had concrete floors laid , i'll get r lass to post some pics , might jog your memory mate

28 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Which one is that, we have gone to a good one the last few years. A lot of the restaurants are samey so some recommendations would be good! This is the one we usually go to...

Screen-Shot-2017-06-09-at-11.25.13.jpg