Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

I think + Stone Roses after the UK shows are sold out. Then for Thursday, maybe Justice? Or yeah someone smaller/cheaper

I would say still 1 more indie/guitar big headliner, like the Stone Roses or the Strokes, then 1 further smaller dance headliner, such as Chase & Status or Fat Boy Slim (Justice already confirmed for Sonar, in June, so I'd say that they are unlikely for FIB17)

Edited by andytommo

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

Could be Imagine Dragons on the Thursday, they're playing Portugal the week before...

Yes, there's a possibility, but more often than not acts playing NOS Alive (the week before Beni), head up to Bilbao to play BBK that same weekend, which often rules them out from playing Beni, due to 'exclusivity' deals.  You've also got Mad Cool Festival in Madrid that same weekend as well, this year, but it would be good if the ID's hung around for a week, and were added to the FIB line up.

I'm actually pretty pleased that they have been really clear in saying that Foals aren't headlining.  I have hated it in the past when it's not been transparent and then you spend months trying to work out whether there is another headliner to drop or not.  I think the communication began to be much better in the lead up to last years festival, with the stage times announced ahead of time and the running order for the most part avoiding obvious clashes.  Hopefully it will continue this year too.  I'm also surprised that they haven't given Foals a headline slot given they co-headlined R&L last year.  Must surely bode well for the other 2 slots?

Edited by HappyWednesday
Spelling!

21 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

I'm actually pretty pleased that they have been really clear in saying that Foals aren't headlining.  I have hated it in the past when it's not been transparent and then you spend months trying to work out whether there is another headliner to drop or not.  I think the communication began to be much better in the lead up to last years festival, with the stage times announced ahead of time and the running order for the most part avoiding obvious clashes.  Hopefully it will continue this year too.  I'm also surprised that they haven't given Foals a headline slot given they co-headlined R&L last year.  Must surely bode well for the other 2 slots?

Yep, hopefully it does bode well!

When can we expect the next announcement? In a month or so? 

14 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Kasabian in Italy the week before, if a Spanish date comes surely Beni is likely with most headliners already announced elsewhere? 

I just came to post the same!

Thursday night headliner? They're dancey, but played Friday last time so would Thursday be a step down?

We could be set to have something like this;

Thurs: Kasabian 
Fri: The Stone Roses
Sat: The Weeknd
Sun: RHCP

Edited by gregory

18 minutes ago, gregory said:

Thursday night headliner? They're dancey, but played Friday last time so would Thursday be a step down?

I'd say for me that would be the best set of headliners I've ever been to, particularly with the likes of foals just behind.

i haven't been before but I've always assumed Thursday is the weakest headliner? Having headlined Friday in 2014 would that not be a bit of a downgrade for kasabian? Can't say they've lessened their reputation since then. On the same note, would they return that soon? 

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, gedkelly said:
13 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd say for me that would be the best set of headliners I've ever been to, particularly with the likes of foals just behind.

i haven't been before but I've always assumed Thursday is the weakest headliner? Having headlined Friday in 2014 would that not be a bit of a downgrade for kasabian? Can't say they've lessened their reputation since then. On the same note, would they return that soon? 

I think the stature of Thursday is dictated by the bands playing , it has been a haven for less popular but still popular bands , if Kasabian played the Thursday it would be the highlight and biggest night of the fest for me !

Edited by gedkelly

9 hours ago, Cian T said:

Was very happy with Foals, just wished they would have given us a few more names..

I think its a great start , already value for money but wish they would chuck a list of names at us , create a bit of a stir , bit of discussion makes for a bit of interest

3 hours ago, gedkelly said:

I think its a great start , already value for money but wish they would chuck a list of names at us , create a bit of a stir , bit of discussion makes for a bit of interest

Im really happy with the start, particularly as Foals not being a headliner gets my expectations up for the quality of the other two.

As you say, hopefully the next announcement will be 5-6 names at the least because you can't imagine many will have decided to go based on three acts (that being said, I already have my ticket!). 

Maybe there's a few people who did R&L this year who aren't excited so far, bar The Weeknd it's Reading and Leeds in Spain at the moment! 

From what some others were saying on here earlier, AndyThommo's nose for one, the Roses are all but confirmed, but they don't have any say on when they can announce them.  If that's the case, then I'd have thought the Roses would be headliner 3 with a softer name as the 4th.  I can't imagine the 4th being as big as Kasabian for example.  But then whoever it is has to be either completely different to Foals, or bigger than them, which is a pretty good sign I think.  I'd love the National, but I think I'm dreaming.

46 minutes ago, HappyWednesday said:

From what some others were saying on here earlier, AndyThommo's nose for one, the Roses are all but confirmed, but they don't have any say on when they can announce them.  If that's the case, then I'd have thought the Roses would be headliner 3 with a softer name as the 4th.  I can't imagine the 4th being as big as Kasabian for example.  But then whoever it is has to be either completely different to Foals, or bigger than them, which is a pretty good sign I think.  I'd love the National, but I think I'm dreaming.

The Stone Roses fake rumour was brought here by @gregory, who copies here all the shit he reads in a spanish forum where everybody is trolling and one of the people of that forum created a fake instragram post "by The Hinds" with a fake FIB screenshot with the Stone Roses in it, and gregory brought this shit here as he always do. 

Edited by johnybegood

On 22/12/2016 at 11:53 AM, gregory said:

Based on last years 'winning formula' being repeated again in 2017, I'd expect RHCP to be the Saturday headliner, just as Muse were in 2016. This will bring 10k+ extra attendees in for the Sat night alone, compared to the other 3 nights. Would therefore expect The Weeknd to headline either Thu or Sun, a la Major Lazer/Kendrick in 2016, leaving Friday night for the second main indie/guitar act, such as the Roses, or the Strokes.  I'm hoping that it's the Roses, but I was taken a bit by surprise last week, when the announcement wasn't them.  The Weekend on Sun night, with Foals as their main support (keeping the indie/rock crowd happy) would be a particularly clever move by the team of festival bookers/schedulers.  I still don't think we'll get anything much bigger than the likes of Chase & Status or Fat Boy Slim as Thu night headliners.  Saw these two pics on Twitter earlier, but probably someone just taking the mickey, and most likely to be fakes??? Anyone with photoshop could probably rustle something up like these......

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.PNG

7 hours ago, johnybegood said:

The Stone Roses fake rumour was brought here by @gregory, who copies here all the shit he reads in a spanish forum where everybody is trolling and one of the people of that forum created a fake instragram post "by The Hinds" with a fake FIB screenshot with the Stone Roses in it, and gregory brought this shit here as he always do. 

1) Lessen your aggressive tone, please.

2) If I didn't 'bring it here', meaning the screenshot, someone else would have. It's being widely circulated on twitter, facebook etc. 

3) It was @andytommo that first posted about about Stone Roses, who 'tapped his nose' twice as if he has some authority on the matter. 

4) The background image that was used in the hinds tweet was used in the official announcement of The Weeknd, 3 weeks after the hinds leak. So this gives further credibility to the rumour IMO.

5) These forums are for discussing said rumours and talking about the festival. And that's what we're trying to do. Rumours, by definition, are "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth". So there's no such thing as a fake rumour. 

I don't want The Stone Roses to play, I already said earlier in this thread I think they sound awful, so I hope it's not true. But I think it looks likely.

10 hours ago, andytommo said:

Based on last years 'winning formula' being repeated again in 2017, I'd expect RHCP to be the Saturday headliner, just as Muse were in 2016. This will bring 10k+ extra attendees in for the Sat night alone, compared to the other 3 nights. Would therefore expect The Weeknd to headline either Thu or Sun, a la Major Lazer/Kendrick in 2016, leaving Friday night for the second main indie/guitar act, such as the Roses, or the Strokes.  I'm hoping that it's the Roses, but I was taken a bit by surprise last week, when the announcement wasn't them.  The Weekend on Sun night, with Foals as their main support (keeping the indie/rock crowd happy) would be a particularly clever move by the team of festival bookers/schedulers.  I still don't think we'll get anything much bigger than the likes of Chase & Status or Fat Boy Slim as Thu night headliners.  Saw these two pics on Twitter earlier, but probably someone just taking the mickey, and most likely to be fakes??? Anyone with photoshop could probably rustle something up like these......

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.PNG

I'm thinking Mumford is a possibility, perhaps if Roses does turn out to be a fake then that paves the way for Kasabian? I certainly can't see both being there. 

I'd have given these images more time had one not been TLSP, they said they'd disband again after this Summers festival circuit and after Arctics confirmed to be working on a new album, surely another summer of TLSP touring is incredibly unlikely? 

I saw Black Keys lead singer is releasing another solo album next year, so if he tours that it makes their appearance unlikely. I'd love The Strokes but I haven't seen anything to suggest they're even touring. Personally I would happily take Mumford and one of Kasabian/Roses, but maybe a 'cheap' headliner is more likely?