Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

18 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Foo's for NOS Alive in Lisbon, the week prior to Beni, so I reckon that Mad Cool festival in Madrid, will also have them, as it's the same weekend (can't imagine BBK will have the €/$ for both Foo's & Depeche Mode.  Beni up against both Mad Cool & BBK this year, both taking place the week before FIB, the latter which has a really strong line-up in 2016, so it will be interesting to see who gets what, in Spain for July?  (BBK had Arcade Fire last time, so it could be Mad Cool or FIB in 2017 for Canada's finest???)

Certainly is interesting. We were all set for NOS until they announced the first two headliners and will now give it a swerve. 

As I put on the Mad Cool discussion, I think 

it'll be NOS...

Coldplay 7/7 Foo Fighters 8/7 Depeche Mode

And at Mad Cool 

It could be 

Foo Fighters / Green Day & someone like Macca, KOL, Aerosmith, Killers.

BBK could be the poor relation in all of this unless Mad Cool go out on their own and not share with either of the other festivals. It'll be interesting who they get. They had Arcade Fire last year so it won't be them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 04/11/2016 at 10:14 AM, dylangraham said:

Thanks, and is the campsite decent there? Or is there a reason a lot of people seem to opt to stay in hotels/other campsites nearby?

I went for the first time last year and I was extremely worried, people had said on this and the Beni forum that you should get a hotel as the heat is unbearable ... total garbage, if you're into camping and can handle heat it's excellent. Campsite was the best i've ever been to. I regularly meet up with the people I met there (by absolute chance one of them lives within 5 miles of me). The campsite is extremely relaxed, hardly any security whatsoever, great atmosphere and there are also sheets of a tarpaulin above where you camp to keep some of the sun out, but seriously if you can handle a bit of heat go for it, great experience, so much so that I'm going back!

1 hour ago, hamishrankin said:

I went for the first time last year and I was extremely worried, people had said on this and the Beni forum that you should get a hotel as the heat is unbearable ... total garbage, if you're into camping and can handle heat it's excellent. Campsite was the best i've ever been to. I regularly meet up with the people I met there (by absolute chance one of them lives within 5 miles of me). The campsite is extremely relaxed, hardly any security whatsoever, great atmosphere and there are also sheets of a tarpaulin above where you camp to keep some of the sun out, but seriously if you can handle a bit of heat go for it, great experience, so much so that I'm going back!

Brilliant, thank you! Sound like i'll be camping there then :lol:

On 07/11/2016 at 2:30 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Certainly is interesting. We were all set for NOS until they announced the first two headliners and will now give it a swerve. 

As I put on the Mad Cool discussion, I think 

it'll be NOS...

Coldplay 7/7 Foo Fighters 8/7 Depeche Mode

And at Mad Cool 

It could be 

Foo Fighters / Green Day & someone like Macca, KOL, Aerosmith, Killers.

BBK could be the poor relation in all of this unless Mad Cool go out on their own and not share with either of the other festivals. It'll be interesting who they get. They had Arcade Fire last year so it won't be them.

So you are truly Nostradavmus ! Can you the the stones and predict Beni for me fella , cheers 

On 11/11/2016 at 9:48 AM, gedkelly said:

wow , you truly are the Messiah ..........

I do try :-)

Looking at what’s been announced so far for other Spanish festivals and the last couple of years line ups for Beni I think the remaining headliner pool consists of The Weeknd, Arcade Fire, Kraftwerk, the Killers, Mackelmore, the Roses, LCD and the Strokes. All of who are on tour currently/in 2017. Bands that aren’t on tour so far that would fit the bill are Kasabian, Foals, Killers. Out of all that lot, Arcade Fire, if they are to do a Spanish show seem the most likely – it won’t be Mad Cool (already booked headliners) BBK (played last year) and probably won’t be Primavera who don’t like booking repeat headliners, which pretty much just leaves Beni, unless another smaller festival like Vida got them.

Robbie Williams (bear with me on this one) has got a Beni sized gap in his tour schedule and no Spanish or Portuguese dates. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him at Beni and Super Bock (If they can book Sting, they can book Robbie Williams)

If I was to stick my neck out I’d go for

RHCP

The Weeknd or Mackelmore

Arcade Fire

Robbie Williams

With maybe RW or AF being swapped for an electronic headliner such as Deadmau5 or Kraftwerk.

Of course there's probably loads of possibilities with bands that haven't announced tours yet but the above is my best guess at the moment.

8 minutes ago, gregory said:

Those are some pretty educated guesses I reckon @DiscothequeDave. The Thursday act is usually smaller, right? So I wonder who that could be. Kasabian maybe 

They're likely to be about so could very well be them. Could pop up at BBK if they're touring that early though, not played it since 2011 but would more than likely get a top spot at Beni and maybe more of an appreciative crowd.

There is an abundance of big headliners next year so plenty to choose from.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Thursday: chase n status

Friday: arcade fire

Sat: chilis 

Sunday: the weeknd

With the likes of Courteeners, m83, justice, sundara karma, primal scream, wolf Alice, years and years appearing at some stage.

This time last year Major Lazer played an O2 Academy tour that didn't completely sell out either 

Point is more that majority of Beni target audience i.e. pissed up Brits know who C&S are so for a Thursday headliner they'd probably go down well, it's historically the smallest of the four.

2 hours ago, andytommo said:

Mad Cool getting stronger by the week. There's a few of these new additions, especially Alt-J, Wolf Alice and B&S, who I'd have liked to have seen on the FIB line up.

IMG_1108.PNG

Yeah, think FIB will struggle now particularly with it being the week before. I'm seriously considering Mad Cool now instead.