Manic street preachers

Elvis costello

The prodigy

Travis

Echo and the bunnymen

Chemical brothers

Sinead o connor

Primal scream

Have all headlined and since played elsewhere. Sure there'll be more if I think or Google. 

New Order have headlined and subbed the Pyramid and headliner Other I believe.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

We were talking about Toploader on the journey down to the festival this year. All 5 of us laughed for quite some time when we discussed the fact their album was called "Onka's Big Mokka". We all agreed it's literally the worst album name of all time, by one of the worst bands of all time. 

The people camping next to us had I Am The Resurrection blasting as I was putting up my tent, and I was thinking to myself 'these will do for me'. Next song that came on...Dancing In The Moonlight.

Right I'm a bit pissed so apologise if I'm not up to date on the thread, but I remember Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll getting slated, one of the best songs of all time...also, I get why the later Killers stuff gets slated. But the early stuff is amazing. Hot Fuss is incredible, and Sam's Town is a perfect 10/10. My favourite album ever. Not expecting everyone to agree with that, obviously, but would ask everyone at least give it a proper listen before slagging it off. 

6 hours ago, Odessa said:

Sam's Town is a perfect 10/10. My favourite album ever. Not expecting everyone to agree with that, obviously, but would ask everyone at least give it a proper listen before slagging it off. 

i think you need to go back and give it a proper listen if you think it's a 10/10 album and your favourite album ever :P distinctly average album that just happens to have their best song on it (When We Were Young)

Saw the killers headline t in the park in 2013.

I was probably very drunk but I remember really enjoying it. I reckon they had some tunes back in the day but that's really where they should be left. No way would they be considered anywhere near pyramid headliners now in my opinion. 

At T they did a cover of tiffanys - I think we're alone now. Sticks in my mind as it was obvious 90% of the crowd had no idea what was happening and also I had no idea that I was going to belt it out word for word.....

Shameful scenes :-)

Sams Town is better than  the first one. I don't think I've heard any albums after that one.

They're headliners or nothing at the moment, which is why they'll not be booked for a long time. Sure they played Wembley last time they were over here.

11 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

You need to stop telling people this. One of these days you'll say it at a party, and the world's biggest Toto fan will be there and want to wreck you. And I won't stop him. 

I'm pretty comfortable I could take them. Them and their big hair.

9 hours ago, Odessa said:

Right I'm a bit pissed so apologise if I'm not up to date on the thread, but I remember Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll getting slated, one of the best songs of all time...also, I get why the later Killers stuff gets slated. But the early stuff is amazing. Hot Fuss is incredible, and Sam's Town is a perfect 10/10. My favourite album ever. Not expecting everyone to agree with that, obviously, but would ask everyone at least give it a proper listen before slagging it off. 

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that, BUT, Sam's Town by The Killers is your favourite album of all time? I really feel sorry for you. 

11 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

We were talking about Toploader on the journey down to the festival this year. All 5 of us laughed for quite some time when we discussed the fact their album was called "Onka's Big Mokka". We all agreed it's literally the worst album name of all time, by one of the worst bands of all time. 

In these dark days, at a time of uncertainty, unrest and division, its good to know that appalling album titles are still with us.

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you the sub sixth-form pseudo-profound latest opus from Primal Scream.

Chaosmosis

Man, i but they were chopping self-congratulatory lines out with abandon for the rest of the weekend after they'd come up with that gem.

19 minutes ago, Mardy said:

In these dark days, at a time of uncertainty, unrest and division, its good to know that appalling album titles are still with us.

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you the sub sixth-form pseudo-profound latest opus from Primal Scream.

Chaosmosis

Man, i but they were chopping self-congratulatory lines out with abandon for the rest of the weekend after they'd come up with that gem.

The 1975 surely get appalling album title of the year with this beauty..

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Sure they played Wembley last time they were over here.

Yeah they did. I went to that gig and loved it. It was my first time seeing The Killers but it was the James and Gaslight Anthem support that swayed me to get a ticket at the last minute. It was a brilliant day. And seeing a band at Wembley is always an experience. 

1 hour ago, The Orgazoid said:

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that, BUT, Sam's Town by The Killers is your favourite album of all time? I really feel sorry for you. 

The band that properly got me into music when I was little managed to put out a second album that I loved even more. It's definitely got the nostalgia aspect helping its case but I genuinely love every song. Plenty of albums you'd probably consider more reputable I love nearly as much (Sound of Silver by LCD, In The Belly Of The Brazen Bull by The Cribs, Relationship of Command by At The Drive-in, Doolittle by Pixies...) but no need to feel sorry for me there.

Out of interest, what's your favourite of all time?

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i think you need to go back and give it a proper listen if you think it's a 10/10 album and your favourite album ever :P distinctly average album that just happens to have their best song on it (When We Were Young)

Let's not get The Killers' and Adele's song titles mixed up, yeah? ;)

When You Were Young is amazing but not even the best on the album.