Would you go back?

Muppetmark

Would you go back again?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go back to T in the park again?

• Yes
    • No
    • If the lineups get better

I was thinking no, but I think its too soon. Come next year when I've forgotten about the horrendous walk from PUDO, the staff attitude  and all the NEDs off their faces I might contemplate it.

They would have to really pull it out the bag line-up wise. I enjoyed who I did see but I cant say there was anything outstanding for me. Then again I'm not the age demographic they aiming for. Maybe I'm just getting too old....

I will go back but I know loads of friends who will never go back to strathallan,doesn't matter what the line up is.

And that's people who have faithfully been going since strathy park.

I remember the days when there would be a 52 and 24 seater all camping from the village I stay now your lucky to get a car load.

DF needs to admit it's just not working at strathallan and get looking for a more central site asap or this could sadly be the end for titp.

Edited by Threestripes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Went in 2015 - Lineup was good, everything else was bad. 

Site was too small,

Arenas were cramped together so crushes getting between them,

Fairground was too close & loud so couldn't hear bands if too far back so people were squashing up at front so could hear clearly.

Roads were unsuitable for buses so it looked like concentration camp queues when people were trying to leave.

Water points were hidden out of sight and marshals didn't know where they were - suggested buying water from bars.

No entertainment/food in campsites

Over zealous security on gates (unless in Glamping then could walk in with whatever you wanted).

Too many wasted Neds.

Whole feel of festival felt like it was just to rinse as much money out of punters as it could.

Won't miss it in 2017 - hope it doesn't return.

I've been every year since 2009 and have watched the festival slowly die since about 2013 on wards.

If I were to go back, the whole festival would need to be re hauled.  

1. Start booking more international bands. Last year was especially poor for this all over the bill.

2. Change location. Strathallan just doesn't work, and they know it. I had to walk roughly 3 miles from my campsite to my car.

3. They need to understand that if you book a bunch of DJ's in order to appeal to the younger demographic, then you get the whole culture that goes along with it e.g. Neds, eccies etc.

4. Why did they get rid of the campsite entertainment? The minute the arena is closed there is he-haw to do.

5. FOOD. I have never expected the food at T to be anything special, but not only is the food expensive it's shite.

I could go on for days. Off to Rock Werchter this year instead, hopefully my first good festival in years.

Never went back after the washout year ...was it 2012?  But the writing was on the wall - the demographic had changed so dramatically.  you know things are going tits up when you've got folk miming on the t break stage and band like Lawson appearing in a tent for unsigned bands ...aye right. 

Had great times at T from way back but times change - last few years I have been to Leeds (fantastically well organised in layout), Wickerman, a foray into Primavera Sound last year and going back this year, and then my new favorite festival in Electric Fields.