NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Hi all, what a bloody brilliant Glastonbury that was!  lovely to see lots of you (even if only for a short time) on Thursday, had to go and rescue my friend who had fallen asleep opposite astrolabe and then run round to WG for the Smyths.  Still on a complete high, weather was fantastic, music was great, spent loads of time in Theatre fields doing stuff we haven't done before, walked miles, smiled all the time, drank a LOT of cherry bakewell. Comedown hasn't begun yet, even having to be in work today hasn't taken the shine off. Can't wait to do it all again in 2019.  I love that farm so much :wub::sungum:  Thanks Michael and Emily (and @deebeedoobee and @pilton digger and slodge) for inviting us all to your village fete.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2017-6-26 at 11:15 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Thanks Cg.:) All good here now, I probably could have made it down for Saturday and Sunday but unfortunately it would have been a struggle to get in after Friday morning and with such a long journey down it would have been heartbreaking if I hadn't got in and had to drive back again. Already looking forward to 2019!

See you at KC!:)

Glad to hear that about improvements.

It was good to see peeps at the Wednesday meet when I finally got the and those at the NY Brass band too. Warm handshakes y'all.

I'm counting down the minutes till I can go to bed tonight. First day back at work today and plenty of coffee and others' blank looks at the bands I'd been to see. My colleagues aren't eFesters.

I need a new flag pole now, my upcycled fishing rod broke.

Aye, good to finally meet some of you, but sadly not all! From @Curlygirl force feeding me cherry bakewell to @carlosj taking the piss out of my ears ;) I had a splendid time.

@mr gumby thank you for bringing the hedgerow port, it was bloody sublime. Last I saw of the mead was @Seldom Seen Kid dancing off into the distance with it :D

And I even got to ambush @guypjfreak as well :)

Hope everyone had a good fest!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Aye, good to finally meet some of you, but sadly not all! From @Curlygirl force feeding me cherry bakewell to @carlosj taking the piss out of my ears ;) I had a splendid time.

@mr gumby thank you for bringing the hedgerow port, it was bloody sublime. Last I saw of the mead was @Seldom Seen Kid dancing off into the distance with it :D

I love to share the cherry bakewell ;) I brought 4 ltr in my backpack and I actually ran out! It was lovely to meet you Quark 

19 hours ago, Quark said:

Why did you have piss in your ears Quark?  Was lovely to meet you, @Tranquility of Solitude and @guypjfreak at last, and to see @H.M.V, @fatyeti24, @mr gumby and @Seldom Seen Kid again. Sorry to miss @carlosj and Curlygirl (sorry can't get it to highlight), in particular the cherry bakewell.

Hope everyone had a great time.  This year has been so much better than last year, despite 2 grumpy teens in tow who didn't want to do anything.  Given the much better ground conditions, what with being able to sit down and all, I'm a bit surprised every bit of me apart from my hair is hurting - still!

By the way HMV, did you have lit up flowers in your hair?  I thought you and Yeti might have been standing in front of me towards the right of the crowd at Father John Misty but I'm hopeless at recognising faces so didn't dare tap you (if it was you) on the shoulder!

18 hours ago, Quark said:

Once you'd figured out who I was!! :lol:

18 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

:o sorry about that dude. I'll never forget you now tho ;)

Me neither now :P

Sorry didn't make the meet and I popped by the efests one briefly. Wasn't feeling great Wednesday, the walk and the queue in the heat didn't do any of our campsite any favours, so wondered off early to grab some food and weirdly, run through a fire engine hose! Next time - I'll gain more confidence and say hello to more people and say for longer!

Hi all

Lovely to meet those of you that I did on Wednesday. @Curlygirl I saw you again dressed up in your fine black outfit on Friday (?) just coming down through the campsite from the JP area - you looked amazing, but deep in conversation so didn;t want to disturb you

I was at NYBB on Thursday but couldn't see anyone :-(, had watched Mik Artistik and stayed for NYBB and ended up right near to the front during the tame 'mosh' and stood within the band when they played their last track in the crowd

I didn't know where you were going afterwards so wandered off :-(

Do we start praying to the R&*( gods now for 2019  or is it too early ?

Morning all.  

Was very nice to see some of you albeit briefly, that was a Glastonbury moment, when you all suddenly appeared.   Then you were gone, like superheroes.......

I see the fallow thread has started (unless LZ reform of course)..

One unofficial efestivals meet 

One sort of official meet 

And one kidnapping efestivals meet.. Thanks girls you know who you are.. Lol xx

Nice to meet who I met sorry for those I missed.. 

See you in 5 years.. Gxx