NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

This will be my first time going to Glastonbury by general ticket and not flying so really need to sort something for the booze off at the meet. It will obviously have to be gin based but might be boring and stick to raspberry gin. It's always a winner. If it ain't broke. 

Wonder where we can meet which is a bit more specific so people can find each other. We could all bring inflatable items. I really want a flamingo having missed out on them last year. Lucy could bring a dolphin. Etc etc

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, tommywillo said:

OMG NO!!! i hope i didnt offend you Mr Gumball coz i reckon you`re a feckin gent:thumbsu:

No offence at all, matey! I complimented you on your sparkly beard, and said that I wished I'd thought of it, so you grabbed my head and rubbed your beard on mine to share the glitter. Would seem a strange thing to do in most situations, but at glasto it seemed perfectly logical! :D

17 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

No offence at all, matey! I complimented you on your sparkly beard, and said that I wished I'd thought of it, so you grabbed my head and rubbed your beard on mine to share the glitter. Would seem a strange thing to do in most situations, but at glasto it seemed perfectly logical! :D

Great stuff, i`ll pack a bit of glitter for the NFR meet then kidda :thumbsu:

Haha! Tommy you were well mullered mate, but then so was I! It was such a joy to meet you. I think I nearly knocked you over when I spotted you. Your beard was epic! 

And yes Yetis T shirt was perfect. Made me proper laugh! 

I fecking love you lot! My Glastonbury family. Days like that Thursday will forever be etched in my mind 

so where is boomtown? And what days is it on? And when? Or should I just google it?!! I'll google it! Be back later 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Haha! Tommy you were well mullered mate, but then so was I! It was such a joy to meet you. I think I nearly knocked you over when I spotted you. Your beard was epic! 

I fecking love you lot! My Glastonbury family. Days like that Thursday will forever be etched in my mind 

so where is boomtown? And what days is it on? And when? Or should I just google it?!! I'll google it! Be back later 

Hahaha. Went on a bar crawl with Ryan and ended up smashed in the first bar we hit in the glade area after doing dentist chairs and what not (as ya do) topped it off meeting you lot!! 

Roll on June :)

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Also, I think it would take a lot more to offend our lovely Gumballs than a bit of glitter :)

Aww, shucks! This is indeed true on the whole, but I would like to add a small caveat that I would rather people didn't consider it as a green light to rub their hairy bits on my face without a by-your-leave. I do have some standards (not particularly high standards, but still!)

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Love you too, CG :) 

I've just been catching up on the thread and don't know what Yetis t shirt said or even did. Can somebody enlighten me? My wife once wore one of my t shirts which said 'Suck Satan's Cock' on it to Glastonbury. I'm not sure that it universally appealed though! One time I also had a hi-viz security jacket made up but it spelled out the word 'Insecurity' instead. Hopefully it put a wry smile on a few faces. Unfortunately it worked against me when I'd run out of dope and was trying to get some  in the Stone Circle. Ho hum.

12 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick II said:

I've just been catching up on the thread and don't know what Yetis t shirt said or even did. Can somebody enlighten me? My wife once wore one of my t shirts which said 'Suck Satan's Cock' on it to Glastonbury. I'm not sure that it universally appealed though! One time I also had a hi-viz security jacket made up but it spelled out the word 'Insecurity' instead. Hopefully it put a wry smile on a few faces. Unfortunately it worked against me when I'd run out of dope and was trying to get some  in the Stone Circle. Ho hum.

I'm sure Mr Yeti will enlighten you Mr Yog. 

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Boomtown is the 10-13th August, at Matterly Bowl, Winchester. Darn sarf! It's 15-20 minutes up the M3 from me in Southampton. Southampton to Glastonbury is about a 2 hour drive, if that helps give an idea of where it is! Oh and it's my 40th the Saturday after Glastonbury, and I'm having that and Boomtown as celebrations :) 

further to that, I'm really gutted I missed the meet last year! No injuries this year for me! 

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

received_10154981860001532.jpeg

For once, I am lost for words. I simply don't know how to respond. Oh yes I do - as I haven't said it before, congratulations on your engagement you two.

As an aside, I once wore (for a bet with oneeye off here) a t shirt which said 'I am a John Deere Former c**t' . To say that I felt self conscious about wearing it is an understatement. Suck Satan's Cock I can handle, but the C word really does upset some people, and upsetting people really isn't my bag.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Yog, your hi viz jacket anecdote reminds me of a similar item I saw at Glastonbury way back when; a doctored police hi viz that read POLITE on the back. I enjoyed that. 

Like it. Must work on something for this year if I can talk her indoors in to going, and if we get a ticket.

6 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

This may be controversial, but I love the c word! Mainly because I like seeing people's reaction when I say it. I can't really explain any more than that because I am quite stoned! Typing is tricky! 

I love it too but i think being Irish we get away with saying swear words more. 

And yes let's coordinate the ginger bar! 

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I love it too but i think being Irish we get away with saying swear words more. 

And yes let's coordinate the ginger bar! 

Maybe it's a ginger thing! 

Hoorah! What goes well with raspberry? You don't like pineapple do you? Oh crumbs this is going to be a messy Thursday. Brilliant!