NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

18 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Had to book somewhere else in the end. Plus point. Looks a lot better than where we were staying and is cheaper. 

Ah that's good Scruff :)

We've booked the same hotel with another company but only had to pay a pound for each room, balance due a couple of weeks before. Sent the chargeback form off to the bank this week so now a waiting game!

Edited by djdavejohnson

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

We were monumentally twatted! And I don't say that lightly! Great to see you and MrsG :)

To be honest, you all managed to make it across that massive lake of super-sticky m*d we were stood next to without any serious mishaps, so you were doing well! 

24 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all, 

trying to plan a trip to London to see the Glastonbury exhibition that runs at the V&A museum from sep 16 - Feb 17 , anyone else planning on going. Wondering whether we could have a mini NFR meet up ? Just a thought x 

Didn't even know that was happening FF! If I can swing it in the diary I'm definitely up for seeing it!

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all, 

trying to plan a trip to London to see the Glastonbury exhibition that runs at the V&A museum from sep 16 - Feb 17 , anyone else planning on going. Wondering whether we could have a mini NFR meet up ? Just a thought x 

I was actually planning on visiting the V&A yesterday, however as I ended up turning into a full blown tourist for the day (which incidently led to me documenting my escapades on social media - #davesbigdayout), the V&A unfortunately remained unexplored. Which turns out to not be too bad a thing what with a potential post-Glasto meet up!

Count me in :)

Edited by djdavejohnson

17 hours ago, mr gumby said:

To be honest, you all managed to make it across that massive lake of super-sticky m*d we were stood next to without any serious mishaps, so you were doing well! 

True! I did then fall over where I was stood. Oh well! Was great fun! 

Evening all, what's everyone up to?

A new Brazilian grill (Preto) has just opened up in my home town, so that's where I'm headed tonight. For anybody that hasn't tried one before I seriously recommend it. I tried a Brazilian grill for the first time a few months ago and it was out of this world. Freshly cooked meats slow roasted on an authentic Brazilian Churrascaria carved at your table. All you can eat too. Food heaven.

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

We're at the Lowland Games, for a triple bill. Nick Parker and the False Alarms, who I've seen before, a band called The Roving Crows, who I have no idea about, and Doctor and the Medics! 80's ahoy! :) 

3 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

A new Brazilian grill (Preto) has just opened up in my home town, so that's where I'm headed tonight. For anybody that hasn't tried one before I seriously recommend it. I tried a Brazilian grill for the first time a few months ago and it was out of this world. Freshly cooked meats slow roasted on an authentic Brazilian Churrascaria carved at your table. All you can eat too. Food heaven.

Ok I read "Brazilian girl" and thought that was a little bit odd! 

34 minutes ago, Quark said:

Some kind of wedding type do or something at one of the farms roundabout here, evening smoke soundtracked by a live band playing Wonder and Clapton. Could be worse!

Could be a lot worse!

Would have loved to have watched Stevie on the Pyramid. Wished I'd started going way before 2013. He has a ton of great songs but Sir Duke was always my go to track if I only had a spare couple or minutes.

Clapton was obvs such a legend too but Stevie was with me when I was growing up. One day, hopefully.

On 29/07/2016 at 9:33 PM, mr gumby said:

You should've seen them on the Thursday evening of glasto. Sickening, it was, glitter everywhere. I'm still in therapy. 

I seem to remember a fair amount of glitter on your face too Mr G!

I'm on holiday, my excuse for noticing this a day late! Last year I complained bitterly about the lack of surf here at Sennen.  7-9 ft waves forecast this week. Erk!

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Looks like there is , there was a pile of these by the printing press at Glastonbury , looks like an exhibitions or something similar 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have a vague memory of reading something about this in one of the newspapers after Glasto. I believe Arcadia will be erecting the spider as part of this event. I'd be up for this too, FF.

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Finished painting the bathroom. Sorted some stuff in the bedroom. Now I really want a cider or three but there seems to be a distinct lack of booze in the house. Arse! 

Anyhoo, nice day here, sunny and warm :)

Very careless of you to run out of booze Lucy! Just chilling on the terrace,  which wasn't here last time we stayed. Unfortunately the gulls haven't taken long to notice the nice new outdoor dining area, and nicked half my lunch!