West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Paak's gonna be a weekend highlight, isn't he?

Paak and Sleaford Mods is the only big clash for me of the weekend really. I'm Modding it. 

Absolutely perfect timing for those Paaking and then Lipping though. Even time to stop for a drink and a bit of food on the way up to The Park. 

Edited by The Nal

On 2017-6-8 at 6:26 PM, Will-2609 said:

Gonna have to check out some Cinematic Orchestra as I have absolutely nothing to see at that time and I'll be at WH afterwards for Moderat > Justice. Where should I start with them?

Mate is trying to drag me to Courteeners because I said I have nothing on at that time.

Marika Hackman is the right choice in that slot. (tho I'll be catching the end of cinematics afterwards)

On a side note, what are people's thoughts to Jackson and the Lads? I was dead keen then I saw this setlist from the first show of their tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-jacksons/2017/olympia-de-montreal-montreal-qc-canada-7be4be3c.html

Most of the heavy hitters in one medley is putting me off quite a bit, especially given the positivity the forum has to Pheonix and their live shows which is a bit of a temptation, as most if not all my crowd will either be at Pheonix or watching your man Dave run around the Pyramid.

4 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

On a side note, what are people's thoughts to Jackson and the Lads? I was dead keen then I saw this setlist from the first show of their tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-jacksons/2017/olympia-de-montreal-montreal-qc-canada-7be4be3c.html

Most of the heavy hitters in one medley is putting me off quite a bit, especially given the positivity the forum has to Pheonix and their live shows which is a bit of a temptation, as most if not all my crowd will either be at Pheonix or watching your man Dave run around the Pyramid.

Saw them at Bestival '15 and they were much better than I expected. Some of those songs being confined to a medley was a bit annoying aye, but the rest of the setlist is pretty great too, and they still put on a party. Could always give it a go and then if it's not your thing make your way over for most of Phoenix (which I'm assuming won't be that busy at all).

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Seeing old funk and disco bands rolling out their hits is very much my jam at the moment.

I saw Arcade Fire on Thursday and Kool and the Gang on Friday of last week - and one of them knocked the other into a cocked hat.

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Gossip update.

A tribe called quest weren't booked for glasto. 

Dizzee always meant to headline. That's a lazy booking. 

Might learn next time and just give it to Anderson Paak. Best set I've seen in a long long time.