West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

That's what you get for liking Radiohead

Tbf Anderson Paak is totally one of Glasto's year-late bookings and I'd have been more hyped if he played last year. And Tribe did that super homophobic song.

Radiohead are obviously great and Thom has started doing impressions mid set like he's on an episode of The Trip. I can deal with him leaving the Al Pacino and Mark E. Smith ones out if he polishes off a good Gary Busey in time for June.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Don't worry guys you'll still be able to see Anderson .Paak and Radiohead probably. Anderson .Paak will probably finish about 9:30 and Radiohead will start about 10:00. Won't be able to see ATCQ though :(

No way will Radiohead get less than two hours. Not even saying that out of hope; they're getting two-and-a-half everywhere else so I just can't see them getting less than two on their third appearance. So at best it's fifteen minutes between Paak and Radiohead which isn't great.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

If Bestival did Day tickets I'd be all over it but I'm not doing the whole weekend just for ATCQ, as tempting as that now is.

Man I never thought I'd be so gutted to hear they're on the lineup. This sucks.

Keep your eyes out - rumours that they might do them later.

1 minute ago, Untz said:

If you're watching The Jackson 5 you're the one who needs to see the doctor. Or an exorcist. 

Whether zombie, figment of imagination, or ghost, if Michael Jackson appears then getting rid of him should be the very last thing on your mind. Unless you're that doctor who done 'im in.

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Whether zombie, figment of imagination, or ghost, if Michael Jackson appears then getting rid of him should be the very last thing on your mind. Unless you're that doctor who done 'im in.

If Zombie or Ghost Jacko is confirmed, I'll be there. 

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

To be honest, if Jacko is gonna put an appearance in then this would be the weekend to do it. 

Holy mother fucking shit balls! Anderson Paak was a new one for me to chec out but A Tribe Called Quest would be a dream. Thought they'd been written off and stll only an R on the rumours page. If this is the case then I might have to say goodbye to AP and catch the start of Radio and the lads and then nip over to the WH for probably the best headliner you'll see all weekend

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

To be honest, if Jacko is gonna put an appearance in then this would be the weekend to do it. 

What, because of the "two years' worth of music" thing? Is one of the years 1987? That'll be why the headliners are Genesis, Bon Jovi and Mick Hucknall

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

What, because of the "two years' worth of music" thing? Is one of the years 1987? That'll be why the headliners are Genesis, Bon Jovi and Mick Hucknall

I was thinking Easter would be more apt for a resurrection. 

On 03/04/2017 at 4:51 PM, eFestivals said:

who was suggesting he'd headline? :blink:

@FuzzyDunlop seemed to.

On 03/04/2017 at 4:18 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is Dizzee Rascal a potential headliner?

On 03/04/2017 at 4:31 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought he could be to be honest or Shaggy.

Neil had info that there would be 2 reggae acts on WH didn't he? 

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hey! I get it now that it's been explained to me! Thanks for the assist, chum

You were obviously so sarcastic, Lawn, that it went round the sarcastic houses until it sounded unsarcastic again. But this ^^ message's sarcasm is loud and clear! Cheers. 

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

ATCQ v Radiohead are you shitting me? I'll obviously be at Radiohead but that is one of the worst clashes in Glasto history.

Also not sure where I saw it, but is there any truth to Bonobo being a Park headliner?

This seems to have become a thing, 60ft.

Not sure how often the poster doesn't have the three Park headliners on it. Anyone?

If it does become a genuine thing, I have to admit to not being sure what my choice would be. Love Radiohead as I do, I saw them last year and Bonobo on the Park, especially under warm clear night skies, would be magical. Only potential big issue could be just how big a crowd he'd get, given the oppo...

Ben

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

This seems to have become a thing, 60ft.

Not sure how often the poster doesn't have the three Park headliners on it. Anyone?

If it does become a genuine thing, I have to admit to not being sure what my choice would be. Love Radiohead as I do, I saw them last year and Bonobo on the Park, especially under warm clear night skies, would be magical. Only potential big issue could be just how big a crowd he'd get, given the oppo...

Ben

Last year the Philip Glass thing they had wasn't on the first poster but I guess that's a completely different style of headliner compared to the usual stuff at The Park, both others were on last years and all three were on 2014 and 2015's posters. I reckon he'll end up late early evening Other which is good for clashes but will be a worse set.

Had time to cool off - this is still the worst clash in the history of festivals ever. Literally the two acts I wanted to see most. Taking the Friday clusterfuck to all new heights. Very much hoping that it proves to be a bit of misinformation and they're elsewhere on the bill, but Anderson Paak > ATCQ seems like a pretty obvious pairing and I'm pretty set on Stormzy taking that Friday Pyramid slot now.

Fuck.

Fuck!