Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Ah ok, felt momentarily disheartened. Thought you'd shattered my 'Must see Pendulum live' dream!

For the record (for those that do like them) I've heard great things about them live, although only ever seen a couple of vids myself. Anyone seen them that can provide an informed opinion? 

I've seen them 3 times now and enjoyed them immensely,  great fun to watch imo

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Thought they'd play on back of last album as they were touring but no dice. I'd have them as Jp headliners though or third down other. Not other headliners. 

I agree, not that I was suggesting they'd ever headline it, they could be put on in the afternoon, late JP would be preferable though 

On 7/8/2016 at 4:32 PM, Alan_C said:

The Prodigy tour constantly so they probably will be available. If it's Sheeran on the Saturday then I would love The Prodigy as an option that night. Radiohead/The Prodigy/Roses would be bloody great, before even taking into account what's on elsewhere. They should do some Jilted Generation gigs, that would be fucking great on the Other Stage. 

Sorry, I just had a moment then. Ahem.

Saw them way back in '97 just after Fat Of The Land was released, would luuurrrve to see them again.

Chase and status are far from my thing, but they've smashed it to an appreciative crowd when they've played glastonbury in the past and it's definitely not too soon for them to return as a headliner, I reckon that's a pretty good shout.

I'd love to see NiN, surely they must be due a return, much of their best work has come out since 2000 after all.  Other stage headliner is a perfect fit for them.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Major Lazer, Nine Inch Nails and Pendulum (in that order) for me. Chase & Status if Pendulum don't end up doing a proper tour

Would Pendulum be out of place headlining John Peel? I never got a full grasp on just how big they were to be honest, I was only about 10-12 when they were big and they passed me by.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Would Pendulum be out of place headlining John Peel? I never got a full grasp on just how big they were to be honest, I was only about 10-12 when they were big and they passed me by.

well they subbed the Pyramid last time they played, so definitely bigger than JP headliner. Other headliner seems like the only spot they could realistically take if they were to play 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

well they subbed the Pyramid last time they played, so definitely bigger than JP headliner. Other headliner seems like the only spot they could realistically take if they were to play 

Oh right, if they've subbed before then definitely other headliners with reunion hype thrown in too. Not at all interested personally but sure there'll be something else on!

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Oh right, if they've subbed before then definitely other headliners with reunion hype thrown in too. Not at all interested personally but sure there'll be something else on!

yeah i wouldn't be anywhere near it myself, but was just trying to think of other electronic/dance acts who haven't done it in the past few years and considering they reformed in some capacity this year they seem like a good bet to possibly do some festivals next year

26 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Some shit headliners are needed to make the clashes bearable. Be laughing if it's Pendulum up against Radiohead.

Radiohead aren't definite though are they, unless I've missed something. I've seen the SR on the rumours page, but has Neil explianed this with much confidence?

I would prefer to have more options to be honest. 

55 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Major Lazer, Nine Inch Nails and Pendulum (in that order) for me. Chase & Status if Pendulum don't end up doing a proper tour

I'm sure that mega money pay day Pendulum got from Ultra Music was a one off, even that was only a handful of songs at the end of Knife Party 

2 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Radiohead aren't definite though are they, unless I've missed something. I've seen the SR on the rumours page, but has Neil explianed this with much confidence?

no don't think he's explained the reason for the bump up to SR, but tbh i'm fairly confident they'll be there next year. whole situation with hearing about them being booked and believing it's for the year before echoes what happened with Coldplay last year so much

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I'm sure that mega money pay day Pendulum got from Ultra Music was a one off, even that was only a handful of songs at the end of Knife Party 

ah didn't realise that. thought it was odd that they only did the one date. Chase & Status in their place then, although i'm not at all confident they'll be asked back so soon

6 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Nah not definite, that's why I said if ;)

Even if we don't like the pyramid headliner OR the other, you've still got the JP. And if you don't like them, you have West Holts. And if you don't like them, you have the Park. And so on...I try not to worry about it. Yet to be without a good option in 6 nights. Although I didn't "get" the Chemical Brothers live, but that's not their fault.