Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Ah ok, felt momentarily disheartened. Thought you'd shattered my 'Must see Pendulum live' dream!

For the record (for those that do like them) I've heard great things about them live, although only ever seen a couple of vids myself. Anyone seen them that can provide an informed opinion? 

They're one of the most frustratingly inconsistent bands i've ever seen. Saw them live 4 times and DJ sets 4/5 times at their peak (hold your colour era, before they got crap in my opinion). They were always either incredible or awful with no middle ground at all. I wouldn't bother seeing them these days personally but if you've not seen them before and they were on a good day you'd enjoy it. 

Though if they're taking up a potential Nine Inch Nails slot then no thanks! They are always amazing!

Edited by renrutbor

33 minutes ago, renrutbor said:

They're one of the most frustratingly inconsistent bands i've ever seen. Saw them live 4 times and DJ sets 4/5 times at their peak (hold your colour era, before they got crap in my opinion). They were always either incredible or awful with no middle ground at all. I wouldn't bother seeing them these days personally but if you've not seen them before and they were on a good day you'd enjoy it. 

Though if they're taking up a potential Nine Inch Nails slot then no thanks! They are always amazing!

Thanks for the advice :) I'm not absolutely desperate to see them, but would be good to see them if there wasn't anything else on at the same time I was majorly interested in.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

are NIN actually touring? or is this something we want

Trent has said that NIN are gonna be active again in 2016, so assuming that means a new album they'll be touring in 2017. having done Reading/Leeds last time round and assuming/hoping TITP doesn't go for them again, Glastonbury sure seems like a good bet for which festival they'll end up at. i guess Download's always an option, but i don't think their recent direction would go down well there

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

are NIN actually touring? or is this something we want

anyway

Major Lazer (against Radiohead)

The Prodigy (against Ed)

Alt-J (against the third headliner)

I doubt Alt J will be touring. Thom Green (drummer) has just released a solo album

I'd also be left scratching my head at why they'd move from third pyramid to headline other stage 

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I doubt Alt J will be touring. Thom Green (drummer) has just released a solo album

I'd also be left scratching my head at why they'd move from third pyramid to headline other stage 

I wouldn't be so quick to rule them out - i'd deem third down pyramid and headlining other stage as the same sort of size - other headliner i'd say partially bigger

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Weren't they being considered to headline Other that year? I'm sure they were rumoured for that slot for months.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I wouldn't be so quick to rule them out - i'd deem third down pyramid and headlining other stage as the same sort of size - other headliner i'd say partially bigger

surely with a new album they'll be bigger than that though? reckon next time round they'll be subbing Pyramid and even headlining the likes of R/L (possibly as a co-headliner but that might not even be necessary come that time). their time of headlining second stages is long gone anyway imo

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Weren't they being considered to headline Other that year? I'm sure they were rumoured for that slot for months.

yeah we were all certain that's where they'd end up, but that was then, and next time they'll have a new album to push them further

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it bad that I saw them at TITP and can't remember the first thing about their performance?

it is bad as the setlist looks insane, although it being TITP i'm sure the crowd was shite

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep im sure that's where everyone had then I'm placed, just think they'll surely kick on from there. I would be a step sideways more than forward

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Is there any chance of Paramore ever getting an Other Stage headline slot, or are they going to continue rotating between R&L and Download forever?

Is new Paramore even coming? I thought they'd be back this year but presumably whatever they spent most of 2014 and 2015 beavering away on was binned when Jeremy walked out. Even if they are back next year I doubt they'd play, although they'd be a sensible modern and relevant alternative to The Stone Roses if the latter has to happen.

Edited by Zac Quinn

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think it's more likely that off the back of a new album they'd sub the Pyramid rather than a sideways step to Other. With no rumours of a new album just yet, I'd say this is more likely for 2018. 

Oh sure, alt-J would be too big to be a Disclosure sort of act and well on their way to being as big as Beck by then. :P

Seriously, it's not a sideways step and if you still believe that the slots are in some sort of order that the biggest acts get then you haven't learnt anything from the last few years of Glastonbury line ups.