Other Stage 2017

Gucci Piggy

4 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm looking and nowhere in that post do you say who you mean. You only infer that you don't mean public service broadcasting. 

So you clearly didn't.

Seeing as we're nitpicking, he didn't infer anything.  He did however, imply that he didn't mean Public Service Broadcasting. ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Im still right. All pedantic twats are twats. But not all twats are pedantic twats.

I'm more annoyed with myself than you. I'll be saying "less" instead of "fewer" before long, the way things are going.

I'm trying to teach myself to say fewer when I should say less. E.g. "I find I spend fewer time at the Pyramid stage these days".  Like those twats that say "myself" instead of "me".

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Could Bon Iver sub or do what Sigur Ros did?

Thinking Other headliner may not happen. 

guess there's a chance he could end up headlining JP, but my money is definitely on headlining Other. don't see him being anywhere other than headlining a stage either

why d'you not think Other headliner will happen?

5 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Yeah if what was said a few posts ago about him being a bit of a diva regarding his festival bookings then I definitely don't see him accepting being anywhere below Other headliner

Would be nice to see him announced in some non-headline slots in Europe to indicate he's not like that worldwide. Definitely feeling a Latitude exclusive here.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Would be nice to see him announced in some non-headline slots in Europe to indicate he's not like that worldwide. Definitely feeling a Latitude exclusive here.

was it not a similar situation with LCD this year? fairly sure we all thought they were out of the running for a while due to headlining everywhere else. you might be right about the Latitude exclusive but what with him appearing at the last two Glastonburys it'd be a bit odd for him to then not make an appearance now that his own big project is up and running again

And strolling on to appear with Sheeran lmao

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was it not a similar situation with LCD this year? fairly sure we all thought they were out of the running for a while due to headlining everywhere else. you might be right about the Latitude exclusive but what with him appearing at the last two Glastonburys it'd be a bit odd for him to then not make an appearance now that his own big project is up and running again

Aye but we'd heard something about LCD at that point. Of course if any festival he would break this yet unconfirmed 'rule' it'd be Glasto but I'm just being pessimistic.

Edited by dentalplan

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

guess there's a chance he could end up headlining JP, but my money is definitely on headlining Other. don't see him being anywhere other than headlining a stage either

why d'you not think Other headliner will happen?

Just because when you look at his touring, it's not saying he'd be headline and nothing else.

12 hours ago, thewayiam said:

PSB lol. Just for future reference, I'm never likely to comment with Public Service.

And yes it was a strong trio, BMTH were minimum sub any other fest but like seen with RB who played 3rd down on a R&L only basis, had they been playing other festivals as well they don't get that placing. 

Fucking hell did you actually just reply with "PSB" to someone asking what PSB stood for?

I'm actually lost for words at this one.

26 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Justin clearly likes the place. I'm going to take the (possibly naive) view that he'll want to play and Bon Iver will be one of our Other Stage headliners.

Yeah my mate asked me earlier what the chances are of Bon Iver and I said I can't see him not being there after turning up the last two years. Only thing that could stop it is if he is indeed only taking headline slots and opts for an exclusive at Latitude or something instead.

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I actually can't believe that just happened. And then when someone called him out on it he still doesn't realise how baffling it is. Amazing.

Christmas cheer for all, raise your mulled wines & have a good laugh at @thewayiam

Edit: I fear the best is yet to come

Edited by Bisque

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm definitely leaning towards Bon Iver headlining the Other and The xx subbing on the Pyramid rather than the other way around. 

yep, The xx have already done the Other headliner thing and i doubt they could turn their nose up at a Radiohead sub spot, plus their music is more radio friendly/suited for a curious Pyramid crowd, whereas Bon Iver's new album/current tour would lend itself far more to it's own headline slot on a stage. maybe they'll both end up as Other headliners, but i'm dead sure of Bon Iver*

* i await this coming back to bite me in the ass

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's alt-J and The xx that are constantly switching between Friday Pyramid sub and Sunday Other headliner in my mind. They're too similar to make the call. :P

I think alt-J Pyramid and The xx Other would make most sense, but then they obviously both played those stages last time, so in the interests of keeping things fresh I could see them switching them around.

So yeah, exactly what you said basically.