Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dk...wdyc

Titp entry/security

Recommended Posts

After looking everywhere for solid info ive decided to ask for myself

Obviously titp is this thursday and I'm going so I have a few questions for people who went last year or in 2014 

1) whats the best time to arrive to get a good space ( if i arrive at 11 is this okay?)

2) What are the bag checks like? Does everyone get thoroughly searched

3) will they take drink away from under 18s with it and or refuse them entry?

4) is there a huge police presence/ are there actual sniffer dogs or just police dogs to scare people

5) how long can i expect to wait in a queue to get in

Thanks ( please only answer if you actually went and can give reliable info)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't camped before so can't answer most of your questions. But I have been through both the day and camping entrance and yes they do have sniffer dogs. 

I've seen a few people pulled out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2) They don't check all bags it's pot luck.

3)Depends how old you look

5)Last year I was there for 12 on the Friday,straight through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lor1 said:

2) They don't check all bags it's pot luck.

3)Depends how old you look

5)Last year I was there for 12 on the Friday,straight through

Yeah gonna have to take my chances then i guess

Im going on the Thursday, more or less busy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A search isn't thorough unless they suspect you of something, they're really just looking for glass.

Yes, there are sniffers there, and yes some folk do get caught with stuff (I know a couple) but the vast majority get through okay. In a massive open space, where a large number of folk are bringing in stuff it's easy for the dogs to get confused.

I'd be surprised if they took your drink away for being underage, out of about 50 of us I only know one person it happened to. In the unlikely situation they do, that's all that happens, they won't take your ticket away.

Enjoy T.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Louis1 said:

A search isn't thorough unless they suspect you of something, they're really just looking for glass.

Yes, there are sniffers there, and yes some folk do get caught with stuff (I know a couple) but the vast majority get through okay. In a massive open space, where a large number of folk are bringing in stuff it's easy for the dogs to get confused.

I'd be surprised if they took your drink away for being underage, out of about 50 of us I only know one person it happened to. In the unlikely situation they do, that's all that happens, they won't take your ticket away.

Enjoy T.

Thanks man

For the people you know who got caught did they just take it off them and let them through?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dk...wdyc said:

Thanks man

For the people you know who got caught did they just take it off them and let them through?

I know of 4 folk who've been caught with stuff on them and 1 got their ticket void, but what he was taking was for a bunch of different folk so they refused him entry on the grounds that they thought he was planning on dealing. Try and split it up between your squad if possible to stop that happening. The rest just had it confiscated.

Basically, from my experience it depends on how much you're taking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dk...wdyc said:

No its not

Not dumb enough to think theres a sure fire way

I was wanting to know for myself ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dk...wdyc said:

After looking everywhere for solid info ive decided to ask for myself

Obviously titp is this thursday and I'm going so I have a few questions for people who went last year or in 2014 

1) whats the best time to arrive to get a good space ( if i arrive at 11 is this okay?)

2) What are the bag checks like? Does everyone get thoroughly searched

3) will they take drink away from under 18s with it and or refuse them entry?

4) is there a huge police presence/ are there actual sniffer dogs or just police dogs to scare people

5) how long can i expect to wait in a queue to get in

Thanks ( please only answer if you actually went and can give reliable info)

1) I arrived on Thursday last year around 5  due to the traffic, went straight through. Hoping to arrive around 2:30 this year. You can arrive whenever you like, just means you'll queue for longer.

2) Bag checks are fairly random as mentioned above. They're mostly looking for glass bottles.

3) Take it away. You'll still most likely get in.

4) Covered by others.

5) Campsite gates open at 3. So if you arrive at 11 you'll be queuing for minimum 4 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Theresurrection said:

So is what you're saying if you get caught with an illegal substance let's say they'll just take it off you long as if it's not in excess 

No, that's what we've generally found when it comes to it, however there's clearly no exact rule and there's always a chance that you could get a policeman who's not feeling very generous. At the end of the day, it's your own risk to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×