• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/11/2016 at 9:25 AM, dentalplan said:

Bruh that's like one up from Ratt. :(

On 08/11/2016 at 9:26 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Lofty praise indeed.

Well Gents, you'll be pleased to know that Bobby and the boys was one of the most entertaining things of the weekend. It was a total car crash from beginning to end. The audience thinned out quicker than Kanye at the Pyramid, the hired vocalist tried to get everyone to wave their mobiles in the air, maybe about 15 people bothered. The Blotz had an American flag above his drum kit with a fan blowing it for full dramatic effect but it just kept getting tangled up. Some poor roadie had the job of untangling it every now and then.

The highlight though was Bobby's big moment. The rest of the band cleared the stage as he climbed down from his massive drum kit and strode forward.... "Do you guys remember me?" Near silence. When he repeated the question a few more cheered, more out if embarrassment than anything else. I've heard more enthusiasm for a wet fart. He muttered something and stormed off back to his drums.

They soldiered on until the allotted time was up and Bobby was gone before the symbols stopped shaking.

Tremendous. 

Give me The Avalanches to headline The Park on Saturday night and Flaming Lips to headline JPT on Sunday and I couldn't care less about much else, them together with Radiohead would be almost a dream line up. 

In addition 2017 will be my 3rd Glastonbury, the last 2 times I've caught Biggles as the first act at the festival, so timing my arrival for them would be quite fitting. 

I want to come back next year. Radiohead? Can't miss that. 

Warpaint (multiple sets again, please)

Emmy the Great (ditto)

The Avalanches 

Phil Collins

Josefin Ohrn + the Liberation (never ever tour the US)

Esben and the Witch (ditto)

R.E.M. (rumored for other festivals, but I can't imagine this is actually happening next year, but if it does...)

St. Vincent (will the new album be ready by then?)

Jarvis Cocker doing something (what's he up to nowadays?)

Iggy Pop (last tour, apparently)

Mitski

Blood Orange

Chelsea Wolfe

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2016 at 0:46 PM, Gnomicide said:

Well Gents, you'll be pleased to know that Bobby and the boys was one of the most entertaining things of the weekend. It was a total car crash from beginning to end. The audience thinned out quicker than Kanye at the Pyramid, the hired vocalist tried to get everyone to wave their mobiles in the air, maybe about 15 people bothered. The Blotz had an American flag above his drum kit with a fan blowing it for full dramatic effect but it just kept getting tangled up. Some poor roadie had the job of untangling it every now and then.

The highlight though was Bobby's big moment. The rest of the band cleared the stage as he climbed down from his massive drum kit and strode forward.... "Do you guys remember me?" Near silence. When he repeated the question a few more cheered, more out if embarrassment than anything else. I've heard more enthusiasm for a wet fart. He muttered something and stormed off back to his drums.

They soldiered on until the allotted time was up and Bobby was gone before the symbols stopped shaking.

Tremendous. 

I legit burst out laughing almost every day imagining this. The guy needs to be the focus of a documentary.