Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, h1210 said:

Green Day confirmed for Hurricane/Southside the week before. Pretty much guarantees them for Werchter and Roskilde

Green Day also announced a date in Belgium in february in a big arena. I think that point rule them out for Werchter. This festival announce its headliners in november/december. Why announcing a 1 million euro band that has a show in Belgium a couple of months after The announcement? Do you think that Green Day Belgium promotor will let The band announce another date in the same country before the show? IMO, Now, Green Day are now a huge contender to that european festivals that announce their headliners in march/april: Reading, Pukkelpop, Highfield, Frequency, Sziget...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Green Day also announced a date in Belgium in february in a big arena. I think that point rule them out for Werchter. This festival announce its headliners in november/december. Why announcing a 1 million euro band that has a show in Belgium a couple of months after The announcement? Do you think that Green Day Belgium promotor will let The band announce another date in the same country before the show? IMO, Now, Green Day are now a huge contender to that european festivals that announce their headliners in march/april: Reading, Pukkelpop, Highfield, Frequency, Sziget...

I was wondering that as well. I guess the hope is that they're doing an arena gig in Germany in January as well as Hurricaine and South Side in June so maybe they could do that in Belgium as well. It'd be rude not to! hahah!

1 hour ago, johnybegood said:

Forest National a big arena? It's less than half the size of Sportpaleis, which they easily sold out on their previous tour. Forest will probably sell out in a few minutes, thus creating even more hype for their Werchter headline show. 

26 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Forest National a big arena? It's less than half the size of Sportpaleis, which they easily sold out on their previous tour. Forest will probably sell out in a few minutes, thus creating even more hype for their Werchter headline show. 

Yep, plus R&L won't have a BST headliner and rawaudioinput is usually decent on his stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from New York City! We are very honored to have the super special, very unique opportunity to once again be the first event ever held in a brand new facility and this time it is in a city very near and dear to our heart, Copenhagen! We will be opening the doors of the Royal Arena for the first time on February 3 and 5, 2017 and as of this time these shows are our only scheduled European appearances of ’17, until the Fall at the earliest. So if you need a Metallica fix soon hopefully you can make it to Copenhagen!

As of this time suggests to me there's scope for more.  Well, I normally have good hopes for RW which normally goes once they start announcing :P

Why haven't RW announced the dates yet? Any chance they're trying to sign a big name, who for an example can't play on a jun/july weekwnd witch would be the "normal" RW weekend, and they don't want to announce anything until they sign them.....The Rolling Stones for an example??
http://festileaks.com/2016/09/the-rolling-stones-op-rock-vienna-2017/

25 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Why haven't RW announced the dates yet? Any chance they're trying to sign a big name, who for an example can't play on a jun/july weekwnd witch would be the "normal" RW weekend, and they don't want to announce anything until they sign them.....The Rolling Stones for an example??
http://festileaks.com/2016/09/the-rolling-stones-op-rock-vienna-2017/

I was thinking to the same thing :) Imagine just a second Pearl Jam + Rolling Stones 

I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding the lack of announced dates. From what I've heard it has nothing to do with a specific major headliner, but rather the lineup in general. Some acts are leaving Europe after the Glasto weekend + lot of festival competition in the RW weekend. After missing out on interesting (sub)headliners both in 2015 and 2016 they don't want to take any risks and so they're looking into the possibilities of each weekend.

28 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up regarding the lack of announced dates. From what I've heard it has nothing to do with a specific major headliner, but rather the lineup in general. Some acts are leaving Europe after the Glasto weekend + lot of festival competition in the RW weekend. After missing out on interesting (sub)headliners both in 2015 and 2016 they don't want to take any risks and so they're looking into the possibilities of each weekend.

So theoretically nothing is signed yet with any artist? 

5 hours ago, Gossard said:

I just wanted to tell you guys that we're threatening to postpone next years RW if they don't make up for last years poor lineup.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/iceland-volcano-katla-eruption-ash-cloud-warning-alarm-biggest-tremors-earthquakes-40-years-a7215111.html

Best regards,

Iceland :P:P:P 

Wow incredible ! Are the guys of Kaleo responsible for this ?