Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, eratiti007 said:

I went in Dave Grohl mode and broke my foot 2 days ago. Gutted I can't go. I wish you all a great festival tho !

Oh mate I'm so sorry! If you find someone to lend you a wheelchair and you finally decide to come, you can count on us to carry you !

Looking forward to a great weekend at RW.

Currently sat in queue waiting to get on the Dover to Dunkirk ferry, lands at 3pm expecting to get to RW about 6.30 / 7 tonight

how long is the walk from car park to the Hive ?

Camping in the hive, we'll have a Bath Rugby flag on the tent, come and say hello if you see us.

cheers Dale & Damo

25 minutes ago, heti said:

Anyone to report weather/campsite conditions from RW ? 

Hey, when they permitted access in the campsite it was raining but now the sun is up and hopefully we'll see no more rain. The campsite is OK, you can place your tent with no issues as the earth is hard (at least where we're situated - but I don't see why it'd be different in other places).

7 minutes ago, LMW91 said:

Does anyone know if a suitcase with wheels would be suitable? Planning on buying a load of booze in Leuven before heading over to the campsite! 

You'll be alright, the grounds hard on site and I've seen quite a few with them not struggling. I saw a chap carting 9 crates of beer on something similar so you'll be fine. 

Anyone else on site at the moment? Me and a couple of mates have arrived after driving from Scotland and it's a nightmare. 

It took us about 2 hours to get in due to security checks which had no queue management and was a mess.

now we are standing in The Hive Campsite with at least 1000 others who have no space to camp! It's an absolute shambles.

I've never been to any festival of any size where I've arrived the day before the festival and can't even set up my tent. 

1 minute ago, chickenfire said:

Anyone else on site at the moment? Me and a couple of mates have arrived after driving from Scotland and it's a nightmare. 

It took us about 2 hours to get in due to security checks which had no queue management and was a mess.

now we are standing in The Hive Campsite with at least 1000 others who have no space to camp! It's an absolute shambles.

I've never been to any festival of any size where I've arrived the day before the festival and can't even set up my tent. 

I'm in it as well, circled the festival and there's absolutely nowhere to go. Asked a security guy and he said "it is being opened. But I don't know when" which could be anywhere from five minutes to tomorrow.

absolute shambles, it would help if there weren't 1 gazebo for every four people. 

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm in it as well, circled the festival and there's absolutely nowhere to go. Asked a security guy and he said "it is being opened. But I don't know when" which could be anywhere from five minutes to tomorrow.

absolute shambles, it would help if there weren't 1 gazebo for every four people. 

I think one is opening now!!!

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

The way they're opening the grounds is fucking stupid to say the least. We queued for an hour for a new field to open up as we didn't have little tents to fit into the jigsaw. The staff are now helping people fit in between other tents and asking people to move gazebos. 

We got a decent camping spot last night eventually and the DJ sets in the Hive Entertainment zone were great fun last night! 

The queue to get into the festival itself though is a joke. We have been queuing for almost 30 minutes now. It's ridiculous 

Edited by chickenfire
!