Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

Mindblowing performance of Rag'n'Bone Man at Glastonbury... The clash Lumineers/Rag'n'Bone Man is complicated ! https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/play/p056f6ty/p056xnf0

I can share my experience, having seen both live...
The Lumineers were... slightly... well, boring.  I was really disappointed because I was looking forward to them and it COULD be because at that time, I didn't know many of their songs. However, I saw Rag n Bone last year supporting Tom O'Dell and have never been more pleasantly surprised by an act. He was superb.

Definitely agree with the 'mindblowing' set comment.  Simply marvellous, I know where I'll be!!

Getting Radiohead tickets via TicketSwap was tough :) 

So couple of questions about night stay... Is there any night trains/buses going from Leuven to Brussels? 

It seems that no hotel/airbnb flats have left at reasonable price... So what do you suggest for sleeping? 

Does Camping Regular ticket for 27EUR grant a place to sleep? 

13 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Getting Radiohead tickets via TicketSwap was tough :) 

So couple of questions about night stay... Is there any night trains/buses going from Leuven to Brussels? 

It seems that no hotel/airbnb flats have left at reasonable price... So what do you suggest for sleeping? 

Does Camping Regular ticket for 27EUR grant a place to sleep? 

Erm tough one.

I think camping is sold out now. 

As for trains back to Brussels from Leuven - don't think there are any. An expensive taxi is your best bet.

Might be worth biting the bullet on one of those Air BnBs. 

Or I see lots sleep at Leuven station waiting for first train. 

Edited by BlockRockinBeats

1 minute ago, Gunslinger said:

Still available on TicketSwap, if one get lucky and be extraquck ;)

So is there a place to sleep with Camping regular tickets?

Ah ok. Well I haven't camped in a few years so I'm not sure on that sorry. 

I'm sure there will be a bit of space for you to pitch though with others from the Thursday having left? 

Only a guess though. 

31 minutes ago, idioteque87 said:

Looks like we're going to have a whole lot of rain :( 

Accuweather saying it should hopefully only be light showers. Less than ideal but when has rain ever stopped us having a good time?!?! (Having said that we're getting thunder & lightning 2 days atm which is a little more worrying!)

3 minutes ago, HEIDIRWF said:

Do they have a campsite shop there? Me and my friend are looking to buy an air bed there rather than carry one! 

As far as I've googled - there is, but prices are expensive. 

Also, anyone knows differences between Camping regular and camping hive, and which of them includes a place to sleep? 

Just now, Gunslinger said:

As far as I've googled - there is, but prices are expensive. 

Also, anyone knows differences between Camping regular and camping hive, and which of them includes a place to sleep? 

You have a reserved plot if you've booked The Hive MySpace. If you have Hive Camping or Regular camping it's whatever land you can jump on!

Hey Everyone!!

Looking forward enjoying the rain with you guys!!!

It will be my first Rock Werchter, and I wanted to know something that it is still unclear to me so far. Is bringing our own alcohols in the Hive camping allowed?

We have a 4-days pass + camping pass at the Hive and we want to bring some alcohol with us. Is it allowed? If yes, do we need to bring them in plastic bottle only ? 

Many thanks for the input guys!

Best,

Julien

58 minutes ago, Rou said:

its going to rain man...fri and sat

So, wellies? I was thinking of getting only my boots too. I wouldn't want to carry them all the way for nothing. Mind you, I don't even own a pair at the moment and last minute wellies shopping was not on the list. Grrr...

Just now, Gray Owl said:

So, wellies? I was thinking of getting only my boots too. I wouldn't want to carry them all the way for nothing. Mind you, I don't even own a pair at the moment and last minute wellies shopping was not on the list. Grrr...

buy them on site...or you can always borrow mine ;)

2 minutes ago, Gray Owl said:

Good walking boots are always your best bet. If it's a complete downpour and you  get liquid mud like last year wellies are great but the changes are the ground will either be sticky mud or sand, in which case your walking boots are much better

2 minutes ago, Rou said:

buy them on site...or you can always borrow mine ;)

Thaaank you! Do you have them minion sized? :))

I found some nice ones online. and they're not that expensive, just in case we'll need any... http://be.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-wellington-junior-boots-094066?colcode=09406603

3 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Good walking boots are always your best bet. If it's a complete downpour and you  get liquid mud like last year wellies are great but the changes are the ground will either be sticky mud or sand, in which case your walking boots are much better

I'll check them tonight. I also have some solution to make the boots water resistant. Dunno why I'm like this about the rain... it's not like the flood is coming.