Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Everyone ! Im Flying on Wednesday Morning from Manchester . I have a Spare Combi Ticket and Hive Camping Ticket if anyone is interested as I dont think my mate is coming with me now as i havent heard from them. So i was wondering if anyone would like to meet up with me at the festival as il be a billy no mates an would love some company 

I watched it on my computer, and I thought they slayed it; the crowd seemed to have a blast front to back, and I'm now just dreaming ! In my opinion it's easily one of the top 10 headline shows at Glastonbury. But I wish I could be in the field :/ In any case, the show on TV was mindblowing !

I reccomend to all Radiohead fans to take a good spot because the visual is great but it's not the band playing (or maybe sometimes with different lights or black/white); so if you're far from the stage you'll see nothing ;) 

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

That's been the case since the In Rainbows tour in 2008, no? 

And unlike Glasto and BKS, Rock Werchter has huge vertical screens, so they won't be showing  the 'ellipse', but fill the whole screen. It will look ace.

I saw them in 2012 (I think) and there were distorted images of the band but there were also a composition of screens behind them so it was better than now.

Anyway Radiohead are Radiohead :) 

Edited by alan_ts

2 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I reccomend to all Radiohead fans to take a good spot because the visual is great but it's not the band playing (or maybe sometimes with different lights or black/white); so if you're far from the stage you'll see nothing ;) 

What an amazing set that was, Radiohead were fantastic.

just a shame xx are not subbing though, best set by a country mile that I've seen on the Glastonbury coverage.

pukkelpop are lucky to get XX as headliners.

Hi wonderful ppl...... we have just had a friend unfortunately have to pull out of this years festival at late notice. Our group has 1x spare hive ticket and 1x spare combi ticket. Please inbox me if your interested...... we will be in Belgium from tomorrow evening (Ghent) then travelling to Leuven on the Wednesday. See everyone at the festival....peace. 

Hi everyone, really hyped for RW, my first time here and the lineup is insane. Just wondering about my trip back, because my return flight is on Monday morning, 9.35 AM from Brussels Airport, meaning I'll have to get there really early, possibly using the very first shuttle bus from RW to Leuven at 6.00 a.m.? (That's looking to be a fun morning) Does anyone know how packed these shuttles are in the morning? 

Also, how likely is it that the lockers in Leuven train station will be all occupied on Wednesday?

Thanks everyone. Can't wait!

Hey guys i know this has probably already been discussed, but what is the deal with no campfires? What are you supposed to do to keep warm? And the no speakers!? Are these just guidlines or are they strictly forbidden?

ive been to a few festivals and every one lets you have a campfire and speakers for music.

if anyone could shed some light on this it would be apreciated.

thanks!

10 minutes ago, ShutUpDonny said:

Hi everyone, really hyped for RW, my first time here and the lineup is insane. Just wondering about my trip back, because my return flight is on Monday morning, 9.35 AM from Brussels Airport, meaning I'll have to get there really early, possibly using the very first shuttle bus from RW to Leuven at 6.00 a.m.? (That's looking to be a fun morning) Does anyone know how packed these shuttles are in the morning? 

Also, how likely is it that the lockers in Leuven train station will be all occupied on Wednesday?

Thanks everyone. Can't wait!

You'll just have to get up early and be well organised when it comes to packing. I've been travelling back home with a 10:00 am flight for a couple of years and I've always managed to catch it and even had a meal at the airport. Early shuttle busus aren't packed & train from Leuven to Zaventem takes about 10/15 minutes top.

5 minutes ago, heti said:

You'll just have to get up early and be well organised when it comes to packing. I've been travelling back home with a 10:00 am flight for a couple of years and I've always managed to catch it and even had a meal at the airport. Early shuttle busus aren't packed & train from Leuven to Zaventem takes about 10/15 minutes top.

Thanks, yeah, that puts my mind at ease. Getting up early won't be fun but no big deal :)