Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, BigMoneyMeltz said:

Just bought my train ticket getting close now. Who's everyone looking forward to the most? Has anyone seen Prophets of Rage live before? Wondering what their set will be like and what songs they'll do.

I have seen them twice before. They put on a great, high-energy show. Do a good amount of RATM songs, some originals, and some other covers. Saw them do Like a Stone with Chris Cornell, so hoping they do it again too, out of respect. Definitely try not to miss their set.

Has anyone here stayed at the Hive resort before ? I am staying in a 2 person tent, and I'm under the assumption that the air mattresses and linens will be provided (pillow, sheets, etc).  Is this true?  I am hoping to bring as little as possible myself, as I will be traveling before the festival.

I don't really understand the free train ticket. Can I travel from zaventem airport to leuven and pay the diabolo fee at the airport or do I need to pay from the airport to another brussels station and then use the train ticket from there?

I see some people asking for the weather around the festival site since it was pretty bad last year. I live aprox 15 km away from Werchter. Ever since the heavy rainfall last year, there has been a verry dry perriod, which is still going on as we speak. I'm no weatherman but i doubt we will be seeing mud in the 2017 edition. Might be even hot, but that might be a little early too tell :) .

See you guys @ Werchter!

Edited by Brent3

36 minutes ago, lemons said:

I don't really understand the free train ticket. Can I travel from zaventem airport to leuven and pay the diabolo fee at the airport or do I need to pay from the airport to another brussels station and then use the train ticket from there?

You can put Brussels Zaventem Airport on the free train ticket, no need to travel to another train station in Brussels. Also, you can buy tickets for the diabolo fee online, but I'm almost sure you can also just pay it at the airport. 

11 hours ago, Red Day said:

I'm at Download this weekend. Prophets of Rage were epic on Friday. So glad I'll see them at RW soon

Nice one! Did you see SOAD? If so were they any good?

2 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Nice one! Did you see SOAD? If so were they any good?

They were as long as you're happy with just music and no chat. Enjoyed them but bailed out to see exodus. They'll be great at RW 

Reading the campsite rules it says no cans. 

• The following are forbidden: pets, open fires, barbecues, gas systems, glass, candles, beer pumping systems, cans, generators, music systems, sharp objects,  weapons or any other object which the organisation considers dangerous. The organisation may alter or extend this list at any time.

How are you suppose to bring beers into the campsite?

1 hour ago, CookieJDC said:

Reading the campsite rules it says no cans. 

• The following are forbidden: pets, open fires, barbecues, gas systems, glass, candles, beer pumping systems, cans, generators, music systems, sharp objects,  weapons or any other object which the organisation considers dangerous. The organisation may alter or extend this list at any time.

How are you suppose to bring beers into the campsite?

You bring cartons of wine !

What-Roll-Safe-Thinking-Meme.jpg

RW will be the first Belgian event with a BE-alert crisis-sms system. In case of a big problem/evacuation they will send a text message with information to every cell phone on and around the festival ground. They (probably) gonna test this system on Friday. There is a chance that you will receive a text message. In that case: no need to panic, it's just a test  ;) 

So is this true then, you can't take cans into the camping area? That really affects my drinking plans if so :lol:

I'm in the process of organising our travel to the festival, needs to be done this week really as I'm at Glastonbury from next Wednesday. I think I can work the travel out myself to be honest, we need a train from Charleroi to a location that stops at Leuven or somewhere we can than travel to Leuven from, is the free train ticket for an entire day, so if we need to get on multiple trains this will be ok, or is it for one journey?

The other thing I'm concerned about is entry, it says the festival doesnt open until 16:00 and I think even if we are very slow getting to Leuven we'll be there for around 12:00, is there much to do in Leuven, from what I gather this is where people pick supplies up? However if the 'no cans' is true I don't need to pick much up!

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

What's the new thing they're talking about on the facebook page ?? Flowers ? x) 

EDIT : it's a slope, but a slope for what?

People are saying it will be in the area of The Barn and Klub C. Maybe just a nice place to sit, eat something and watch the big screen outside the tents?

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

So is this true then, you can't take cans into the camping area? That really affects my drinking plans if so :lol:

I'm in the process of organising our travel to the festival, needs to be done this week really as I'm at Glastonbury from next Wednesday. I think I can work the travel out myself to be honest, we need a train from Charleroi to a location that stops at Leuven or somewhere we can than travel to Leuven from, is the free train ticket for an entire day, so if we need to get on multiple trains this will be ok, or is it for one journey?

The other thing I'm concerned about is entry, it says the festival doesnt open until 16:00 and I think even if we are very slow getting to Leuven we'll be there for around 12:00, is there much to do in Leuven, from what I gather this is where people pick supplies up? However if the 'no cans' is true I don't need to pick much up!

- They never made a problem about cans in the past years. But yeah, maybe it's not allowed anymore, you can always try I guess?

- Your train journey can consist of multiple trains, just don't go travelling all over the country haha. Charleroi - Brussels - Leuven should be your route.

- Usually the campsite opens a little earlier than 16:00 so it might be smart to take the shuttle bus around 14:00. By the time you'll get at The Hive, you probably won't have to wait a lot longer anymore. If you still have too much time in Leuven, you can visit the city centre, it's is a nice place to have your first beers ;)

3 minutes ago, ThijsDB said:

- They never made a problem about cans in the past years. But yeah, maybe it's not allowed anymore, you can always try I guess?

- Your train journey can consist of multiple trains, just don't go travelling all over the country haha. Charleroi - Brussels - Leuven should be your route.

- Usually the campsite opens a little earlier than 16:00 so it might be smart to take the shuttle bus around 14:00. By the time you'll get at The Hive, you probably won't have to wait a lot longer anymore. If you still have too much time in Leuven, you can visit the city centre, it's is a nice place to have your first beers ;)

Great, thanks... I'm sure we'll buy some and try, seems strange they wouldn't let you but we will have to see.

Yes I think that's what we're going for, we land at Charleroi at 10:15 so the 10:24 is probably a bit ambitious. But the 10:54 gets us to Leuven at 12:25, so should have a bit of time in Leuven to look around/pick anything up we need to.

15 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Where does it say you can't take cans into the camping sites ?.  It's never been an issue before.  As long as it's not glass bottles I can't see how they can stop it.

In here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/conditions-of-sale

Little bit odd if you ask me. Seems really strict!

9 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

In here: http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/conditions-of-sale

Little bit odd if you ask me. Seems really strict!

They don't have enough bars in the campsites to keep everyone in beers.  I honestly can't see there being a problem taking cans of beer into the campsites