Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

On 26-4-2017 at 10:35 PM, Inflatabletent said:

Hi, first time visiting a festival outside of uk. So a couple of quick questions.

what is the best time to arrive on the Wednesday, I see the campsite opens at 4 pm but I take it the queue by then is pretty  big ?And What are the rules on disposable BBQ, are they tolerated or is it completely buy hot food with the vouchers.

BBQ used to be no problem, but the last two or three years it seems to be more of a priority for security. You will probably be able to make a few sausages, but when security notices they will take it away and you will probably get a warning. Just make sure your tent is far away from places where crew members hang around and you'll probably be fine.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traveling from America. I will be arriving in Brussels early Wednesday and was planning on buying a tent that morning. Are there any spots to buy camping equipment close to Werchter? Also any tips or pointers for an American that has been to many fests in USA? Thank you and cant wait to rock out with you guys

1 hour ago, sobefoo said:

Traveling from America. I will be arriving in Brussels early Wednesday and was planning on buying a tent that morning. Are there any spots to buy camping equipment close to Werchter? Also any tips or pointers for an American that has been to many fests in USA? Thank you and cant wait to rock out with you guys

Hey i had a look and theres a camping shop in brussles you could go to its just very expensive. Think its called aw camping, hope that helps which campsite are you in? 

I am going to the festival for the first time this year. We are staying in Brussels. How did you get back to Brussels after the concert when it ended? I have looked everywhere and it appears that trains stop at about midnight, and no buses run back to Brussels! In a bit of a panic about it!!!

3 hours ago, sobefoo said:

Buy all you need in Leuven. Less hustle and probably cheaper. Search this thread or last year's thread for where to buy (someone here even posted a map). 

1 hour ago, sadie123 said:

I am going to the festival for the first time this year. We are staying in Brussels. How did you get back to Brussels after the concert when it ended? I have looked everywhere and it appears that trains stop at about midnight, and no buses run back to Brussels! In a bit of a panic about it!!!

No buses/trains after midnight as far as I know.  If you decide to keep it, either you rent a car or use taxi services. I think you should keep looking for places in Leuven, people will cancel their staying. 

taxirides from the festival to Brussels will cost a fortune. once, i missed the last bus and had to catch a taxi to Leuven. we had to queue up everywhere. did cost me ca. 50 USD. i think as well, people will cancel their bookings. Keep  looking in the week before the festival starts...

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post but hope someone can help me.

I need to catch a train to Cologne as early as possible on the morning of 3rd July (Monday). I'll probably take the shuttle bus to Leuven and catch a train from there. My question is does the shuttle bus between Leuven and the festival site work 24/7? If not, when does the service start and stop? I don't want to buy tickets for a 6am train and it turns out the shuttle bus doesn't start working till 7am.

Also is the shuttle bus free? If not, how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance :)

22 hours ago, BigMoneyMeltz said:

Hi guys first time attending Rock Werchter. Is anyone selling 1x The Hive camping ticket or knows someone that is? If so please DM me. Thanks. 

Hey,

Just realised I'm not able to go so have 1 x The Hive camping ticket to sell. Will DM you too. 

4 hours ago, DrewAm97 said:

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the right place to post but hope someone can help me.

I need to catch a train to Cologne as early as possible on the morning of 3rd July (Monday). I'll probably take the shuttle bus to Leuven and catch a train from there. My question is does the shuttle bus between Leuven and the festival site work 24/7? If not, when does the service start and stop? I don't want to buy tickets for a 6am train and it turns out the shuttle bus doesn't start working till 7am.

Also is the shuttle bus free? If not, how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe someone more local can answer better but I don't think the shuttles run continiously through the night and I believe they stop when everyone has been upifted.  I'd guess that would be around 3am.  Again a guess, they'd start again after 6am.  Suppose the option would be to get a late shuttle in after the festival ends and hang around in Leuven.  No idea if there's 24hr cafes or whatever there but some of the locals who post here should be able to answer that.  Shuttles are free 

About to buy my vouchers but I just had a quick question, is it cool to take outside drink into the campsite? Just making sure because if not I'll need a lot more tokens - and I'm getting the Eurostar to brussells, anyone know if there's a supermarket near the station to pick up a few crates?

Just started listening deeply to Nothing but Thieves and They're awesome. So sad They're crossed with Cage the Elephant. I've seen CTE 4 times already, might as well stay only the first 20 minutes then go to the NBT. Anyone knows how long is the walk from Main to the Barn?

31 minutes ago, kevagain said:

Just started listening deeply to Nothing but Thieves and They're awesome. So sad They're crossed with Cage the Elephant. I've seen CTE 4 times already, might as well stay only the first 20 minutes then go to the NBT. Anyone knows how long is the walk from Main to the Barn?

In the afternoon 5/10 minutes (you should stay on the left side of Main)

Edited by alan_ts

4 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

About to buy my vouchers but I just had a quick question, is it cool to take outside drink into the campsite? Just making sure because if not I'll need a lot more tokens - and I'm getting the Eurostar to brussells, anyone know if there's a supermarket near the station to pick up a few crates?

Yes and if you are at the Hive continue walking up the big hill to the left of the entrance. There is a small town called Hacht (if i remember rightly) just at the top with a supermarket and some other small shops.

Edited by GodlikeYeezus

5 hours ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Glass bottles are not allowed in the campsite though, so make sure you buy cans of beer. 

Cool thread among the Glasto thread : the potentially emotionnal moments ! I'd be curious to know what's your top 3 !

Mine would be probably 1 - Arcade Fire - Wake Up ; 2 - Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees ; 3 - The Pretenders - Don't Get Me Wrong