Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

If they'd self confirmed a festival reasonably close to RW, at a similar time it would make a difference but I'm not entirely sure this does other than it shows they'll be at other festivals, but we knew this already.

Glastonbury is the weekend before RW so it's as relevant as can be.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the stage splits, if it was taken from the fleeting moments it was 'leaked' on the website, wouldn't it simply be a screenshot rather than in that table format? Also whilst I'm not a tech expert by any stretch, why would it even be on the website in the first place if it was still being edited? What was the URL, what section of the website was it supposedly on?

I know it's got people excited but logically speaking it doesn't seem to make much sense to have something like that on the site, even if in the background.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Regarding the stage splits, if it was taken from the fleeting moments it was 'leaked' on the website, wouldn't it simply be a screenshot rather than in that table format? Also whilst I'm not a tech expert by any stretch, why would it even be on the website in the first place if it was still being edited? What was the URL, what section of the website was it supposedly on?

I know it's got people excited but logically speaking it doesn't seem to make much sense to have something like that on the site, even if in the background.

It's a screenshot, RW started publishing the running order of stages in 2016, well before schedules and even before finishing the announcements. Guess they uploaded the stage splits and made it public by accident.

I also had a screenshot last year, when they made it official:

FB_IMG_1490222081343.jpg

The person who saw the stages only saw the stage name below the artist photos on Thursday's lineup page, not a new page with the complete stage split. So Chainsmokers in KlubC, Lorde in The Barn and ID, PoR, AF and KoL on main (not necessarily in that order) is probably true. When he switched to Friday's page, it was gone. 

Subsequently someone creative probably made up a screenshot with the complete stage split based on those findings. 

Edited by visdave34

20 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

The person who saw the stages only saw the stage name below the artist photos on Thursday's lineup page, not a new page with the complete stage split. So Chainsmokers in KlubC, Lorde in The Barn and ID, PoR, AF and KoL on main (not necessarily in that order) is probably true. When he switched to Friday's page, it was gone. 

Subsequently someone creative probably made up a screenshot with the complete stage split based on those findings. 

I guess you missed the point that Werchter accidently made the splits available to anyone for a short amount of time, not only that one person who saw the Thursday. So anyone could grab a screenshot.

Of course this could be a work in progress and the running order might change, just like last year's running order was eventually changed even after announcing it. I guess we'll see tomorrow?

30 minutes ago, Orens said:

I guess you missed the point that Werchter accidently made the splits available to anyone for a short amount of time, not only that one person who saw the Thursday. So anyone could grab a screenshot.

Of course this could be a work in progress and the running order might change, just like last year's running order was eventually changed even after announcing it. I guess we'll see tomorrow?

Was it? Because the only one I read or heard about that saw anything on RW's site is this one regular user on the Festileaks forum. He only saw the stage names accompanying the artist photo on Thursday's lineup page. Subsequently, an alleged screenshot appeared on the same Festileaks forum (posted by an entirely new account), which was later copied here. This could easily be a fake, is my idea. Unless you heard or read about more people having seen this screen on the actual website of course...

Edited by visdave34

5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Was it? Because the only one I read or heard about that saw anything on RW's site is this one regular user on the Festileaks forum. He only saw the stage names accompanying the artist photo on Thursday's lineup page. Subsequently, an alleged screenshot appeared on the same Festileaks forum (posted by an entirely new account), which was later copied here. This could easily be a fake, is my idea. Unless you heard or read about more people having seen this screen on the actual website of course...

Agree ... my point exactly

5 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Agree ... my point exactly

I think we'll find out by Friday. If it's a genuine leak they're not going to sit on it for too long.
I would have thought if it was genuine they would have posted it by now, otherwise surely it would have had the names of the bands being announced on Friday included on the timetable?

Did anyone here genuinely see it on the website?

Hmm, I now hear about more FL forum members who saw names and stages on the RW site... All corresponding with the screen shot (but posted before the screen shot was). So it might be legit. In that case it seems that it was a work in progress, because there's just too much off about it.

We can only wait until tomorrow, I guess...

Edited by visdave34

39 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

On DTRH, a weer earlier in the Netherlands: Fleet Foxes, Babylon Circus, De La Soul, The Avalanches, Hamilton Leithauser, 2manydjs, Father John Misty, Spoon, Nicolas Jaar, Pond, Spinvis, Lemon Twigs,...

WHY on earth did they bother booking Milky Chance, Charli XCX, Passenger, Machine Gun Kelly, Crystal Fighters and Kodaline when these acts are around? Especially when the day is already sold out. That day was already missing some quality acts. 

Just to piss you off.....Or maybe because that was available and its not all about you? You should send thema complaint :o

5 minutes ago, carrololol said:

Hey guys, newcomer to RW. One of my mates didn't get a combi ticket in time and is on the waiting list. Is there a chance that he might get something since he put his name down an hour after the list was put up or is that unlikely?

If he put his name down an hour after the waiting list opened, I'd say it's highly likely that he will get the chance to buy one.

Edited by visdave34

4 hours ago, lighthouse said:

On DTRH, a weer earlier in the Netherlands: Fleet Foxes, Babylon Circus, De La Soul, The Avalanches, Hamilton Leithauser, 2manydjs, Father John Misty, Spoon, Nicolas Jaar, Pond, Spinvis, Lemon Twigs,...

WHY on earth did they bother booking Milky Chance, Charli XCX, Passenger, Machine Gun Kelly, Crystal Fighters and Kodaline when these acts are around? Especially when the day is already sold out. That day was already missing some quality acts. 

It's all opinions, but I personally like 3 of the acts in your 2nd paragraph and arent bothered about any of the ones you mentioned in 1st paragraph :lol:

6 hours ago, lighthouse said:

2 hours ago, kris0624 said:

It's all opinions, but I personally like 3 of the acts in your 2nd paragraph and arent bothered about any of the ones you mentioned in 1st paragraph :lol:

Yeah I'll agree with Lighthouse none of those acts in the second paragraph do anything for me. The old lady likes Milky Chance and got kicked out for being too drunk when she tried to see them last time they came to our home town so that will be good for her.

The top paragraph doesn't do a ton for me but would love to see The Avalanches, and would be at least mildly excited to see Nicolas Jaar, Ponds, and Spoon. Personally I think the lineup is fine and good headliners are the key. Too many festivals are rolling out crap like Frank Ocean as headliners so I'll take what we have here. As for the undercard I was hoping for at least a little psychedelic rock/shoegaze. Thurston Mooore, Warpaint and Savages are probably the closest we'll have to that style. I was hoping for at least one of The Jesus and Mary Chain, Slowdive, Ride, or Dinosaur Jr. The first 3 are on the "leaked" Glastonbury poster. Hopefully Kasabian is announced tomorrow!

Edited by t-roe79

On 22/03/2017 at 5:29 PM, adequate8 said:

wonder if someone can help...

looking into indie campers and staying in the Mobilhomes bit...

from rock werchters site:

Mobilhomes 2
One parking ticket for the mobilhome and 2 campsite tickets for The Hive Mobilhomes. This package costs 134 euro*

but when you click through ticketmaster;

Mobilhomes Package for 2 persons: 27.00 EUR*

What am I missing here?
---

If we cant camp (my wife has a bad back), is mobil home or the luxury glamping things the only option? I see all hotels/air bnbs have gone now and the only remaining ones are miles away/would need us to drive to and from every day due to lack of late busses?

Thanks

anyone?

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

anyone?

You get an entrance to the motorhomes site for x2 ppl. This site is independently run by locals... when we went there was mixture of vehicles (transporter vans, camper vans etc.... also I think even though it was advised not to on the page cars parked with tents beside.) What info are you missing? I think the hive must be more expensive.... definitely remember around 27 for 2 in the regular site. The regular site is around 5/10 mins walk from regular parking and probably 20/25 from the arena. 

Edited by TheWerchterJuggernaut

9 hours ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

You get an entrance to the motorhomes site for x2 ppl. This site is independently run by locals... when we went there was mixture of vehicles (transporter vans, camper vans etc.... also I think even though it was advised not to on the page cars parked with tents beside.) What info are you missing? I think the hive must be more expensive.... definitely remember around 27 for 2 in the regular site. The regular site is around 5/10 mins walk from regular parking and probably 20/25 from the arena. 

Mum more iike a 45 min walk to arena 

Final day this week then? At this point I'm not fussed about any more bands I want being added just hoping for stage splits so I can see who I have to miss.

However if one of Biffy, Frank Turner, Don Broco or Against Me end up on the bill somewhere I'm certainly not going to complain.

Hoping for The Avalanches, and reckon it's entirely possible. At Glastonbury the week before and announced their first European festival yesterday, so their announcement may have been held back especially. Won't be too disappointed if they're not there as will see them the weekend before, however they're one of my favourite acts and I've yet to see them live yet.

Reckon this last announcement will be much the same as the previous, may get 1 or 2 bigger names for the Friday to help it sell out mind. Really wouldn't mind something a bit left field though, perhaps someone like Sigur Ros or similar? Not sure when they last played or if they're free that weekend, but someone like that who is a bit more of a rarity as opposed to the same bands touring year on year. Sigur Ros -> Radiohead would be an amazing way to spend my birthday.