Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact it's now sold out and I don't feel the least bit upset I'm not going tells me I did the right thing. 

Been going back and forth for months on this one, outside of the top acts there's hardly anything there for me. They would be really long days with nothing to watch till night time.

Hope all who are going have a great festival and see you in 2018 for pearl jam! 

2 minutes ago, Hammerfest said:

Any possibility they have been holding back names of more significance because they knew ticket sales were going good, and that an announcement boost hasn't been needed-here's hoping!

I was wondering this. Although I think it might not be much more than hope.

I've been listening to quite a few of the acts and I'm pretty happy to be honest.

Just fearful of horrific clashes - I have my musts list now.

1 hour ago, lightning1000 said:

The fact it's now sold out and I don't feel the least bit upset I'm not going tells me I did the right thing. 

Been going back and forth for months on this one, outside of the top acts there's hardly anything there for me. They would be really long days with nothing to watch till night time.

Hope all who are going have a great festival and see you in 2018 for pearl jam! 

Tbh I thing after the 1st few announcements that made it look massive it was very easy to watch each Friday announcement go by and not think anything special of it. There is 12 acts I'd see there and that could be down to 10/11 clash dependent which isn't enough for 4 days. For all the big acts they have I don't think there is anything unique and different there that sells it over something else.

Also to add to that it's sold out now means they don't need to put anything great at all out on this week.

3 hours ago, BlockRockinBeats said:

I was wondering this. Although I think it might not be much more than hope.

I've been listening to quite a few of the acts and I'm pretty happy to be honest.

Just fearful of horrific clashes - I have my musts list now.

I'm in the same boat 

4 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

I'm in the same boat 

Same :(

Whilst I've loved listening to the playlist, I now fear everything I want to see will clash as 80% of it is Saturday

Agree also with the comment about the sell out. When I saw they were nearly sold out my initial thought was "oh no they have no need to try and drive sales". But equally they could have kept a "good" name or two back for those who booked early, seeing ticket sales were strong. All will be revealed on Friday but currently I reckon prediction 1 is more likely.

Edited by thetechi

I know there's a million people in the same boat but if any of you guys have a spare Hive camping ticket be sure to shout out. Big group of us going and one of my mates didn't realise we were doing the hive so we're currently one man down! Cheers folks :)

14 minutes ago, ThePushover said:

Now it's sold out and my mates didn't get tickets I'm kinda stressing about being there alone. 

It's still 3 months away and people r selling tickets every day on Ticketswap, don't worry.. You'll get them. (didn't have luck yet tho, idk who is so fast every time bc ive got my mailbox open in my tabs and every time i see a notification I check, then get to the page to see someone's already busy paying lol) :P 

16 hours ago, danegg said:

Anyone have any experience with the waiting list? I've also been browsing and seen talk of an online 'exchange desk' in recent years, for people to sell unwanted tickets. Any idea if this still happens?

Just quoting myself here so it doesnt get lost.. anyone have any idea, though?
i'm the only one with a ticket so may end up needing to sell mine, unless a friend can get one through waiting list.

7 minutes ago, danegg said:

i'm the only one with a ticket so may end up needing to sell mine, unless a friend can get one through waiting list.

If you were quick on the waiting list, I'm sure you will be able to get some tickets. A lot of people sell their tickets in the last weeks before the festival. The only other trustworthy 'online exchange desk' I know is Ticketswap, make sure to keep an eye on it (but like arcuse said, people are very quick, you'll have to be lucky) 

Hi everybody!

I've been reading along since the beginning of this thread and have enjoyed it very much. We booked combi tickets a few weeks ago, however we forgot to book hive camping tickets. So if anyone has 2 spare ones, please let me know as we are quite desperate at the moment. 

Regarding the last announcements for the lineup, what are the likes of Bon Iver showing up as Saturday barn headliner, maybe as replacement for Massive Attack? Since Bon Iver were mentioned on the fake Glasto poster as well. Would be a dream for me!

Cheers! :)

1 hour ago, danegg said:

Just to give you a little hope: 2 years ago, a friend of mine waited too long to buy his tickets. He registered on the waiting list and a couple of weeks later he got his 3 tickets. Like said here above: it all depends on how high you're up on the waiting list. But, also, as stated by ThijsDB :subscribe on Ticketswap. That's indeed the only other "safe" way to buy tickets. 

Edited by DaveRSV4

22 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

Thursday has POR and ID on the main stage, also het Zesde Metaal and Beth Ditto. Mark Lanegan, Xavier Rudd, Lorde in the Barn. Chainsmokers in KluB C. It was a leak on the Werchter website, in the meantime it's removed.  

Very good news in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Jefferke said:

Thursday has POR and ID on the main stage, also het Zesde Metaal and Beth Ditto. Mark Lanegan, Xavier Rudd, Lorde in the Barn. Chainsmokers in KluB C. It was a leak on the Werchter website, in the meantime it's removed.  

Perfect ! :)