Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Listening to Triggerfinger for the first time........ 10/10 they sound amazing. Where/when would you expect them to  play  in terms of the timetable or ''clashfinder''. I like your latest revision Neacaisa...... looks more realistic. I wasn't too happy about last weeks announcement but I had a listen and really liked: nothing but theives, glass animals, thought passenger were alright. I have to add I thought Birdy sounds amazing..... 

personally, I hope they clash with Passenger, James Blake/Bazart or Jimmy Eat World.

37 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

I would rather have someone else, seven years is one of the worst hits of 2016, along with cheap thrills. Btw, they are actually a band, it's not the name of the singer.

Ah a bit like Biffy then. The amount of times people have said "when is it you saw him?" I assume referring to Simon Neil 

Yeah, I'm not a fan myself, they were just a middle of the road band I expected to either be at RW or PKP that have not been announced yet.

31 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Listening to Triggerfinger for the first time........ 10/10 they sound amazing. Where/when would you expect them to  play  in terms of the timetable or ''clashfinder''. I like your latest revision Neacaisa...... looks more realistic. I wasn't too happy about last weeks announcement but I had a listen and really liked: nothing but theives, glass animals, thought passenger were alright. I have to add I thought Birdy sounds amazing..... 

http:///s/rw2017/?user=arcuse colored in all announced acts so far.. Im expecting Compact Disk Dummies, Triggerfinger & Netsky to be added in the next few days with hopefully a stage indication aswell.. From then on I think we can espect +- 25 acts to be added.. I seen someone saying that Bon Iver wouldnt be added to any other festival this summer in a prediction thread of Glasto, idk if thats true but counting that in, who can we espect as saturday barn head at this point?

1 minute ago, arcuse said:

http:///s/rw2017/?user=arcuse colored in all announced acts so far.. Im expecting Compact Disk Dummies, Triggerfinger & Netsky to be added in the next few days with hopefully a stage indication aswell.. From then on I think we can espect +- 25 acts to be added.. I seen someone saying that Bon Iver wouldnt be added to any other festival this summer in a prediction thread of Glasto, idk if thats true but counting that in, who can we espect as saturday barn head at this point?

Nice work Arcuse!! :-D

As mentioned before, I have loved following your Clashfinder since the day it was created. 

Could Passenger be barn headliner? I know it sounds silly because he wasn't first to be announced on Friday... But he has been announced as Headliner at lots of other European festivals...

7 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I have a feeling Sunday will be: Biffy - Triggerfinger - Foos

2 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Nice work Arcuse!! :-D

As mentioned before, I have loved following your Clashfinder since the day it was created. 

Could Passenger be barn headliner? I know it sounds silly because he wasn't first to be announced on Friday... But he has been announced as Headliner at lots of other European festivals...

Yeah looks good.... Loads of predictions: definitely think we will get Seasick steve.... I can't see Wolfmother that makes me unhappy, 

6 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Very interesting and very good line up. I don't think Triggerfinger will be so high in the timetable but all is possible. for me : Kensington instead of Wilco, Highly Suspect instead of Seasick Steve, Jamiroquai instead of Eddie Vedder, The Hives instead of Belle and Sebastian and The Killers instead of the Weeknd (or anyone else I'll be happy). 

25 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I have a feeling Sunday will be: Biffy - Triggerfinger - Foos

Wait a minute. Panic over. This comment made me forget they're headlining OpenAir St.Gallen Sunday.  Phew.

They only have Thursday and Saturday Free... so, could be Biffy headlining the Barn Saturday?

Would SOAD or LP really clash with Biffy??

Edited by jlillycrop

19 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

Very interesting and very good line up. I don't think Triggerfinger will be so high in the timetable but all is possible. for me : Kensington instead of Wilco, Highly Suspect instead of Seasick Steve, Jamiroquai instead of Eddie Vedder, The Hives instead of Belle and Sebastian and The Killers instead of the Weeknd (or anyone else I'll be happy). 

The reviews of Kensington weren't very happy about their performance last year, don't think they'll be back soon at RW, I'm guessing they'll play at PKP..

The Weeknd has a concert this week in Antwerp, don't know if anyone remembers but last year he was booked as support for Rihanna's performance at RW Boutique but didn't show up as support on PKP, bc they pretty much took her over from them. Im guessing they still have that in mind aswell.

I'd love to get Jamiroquai tbh but idk, could replace 'm with Röyksopp lol

Biffy Clyro ain't that big here in Belgium so I think they're gonna get an early mainstage slot, Thursday is pretty much locked then (with all the small acts announced for that day aswell w/o any smaller acts on the main yet..)

Edited by arcuse

17 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Wait a minute. Panic over. This comment made me forget they're headlining OpenAir St.Gallen Sunday.  Phew.

They only have Thursday and Saturday Free... so, could be Biffy headlining the Barn Saturday?

Would SOAD or LP really clash with Biffy??

absolutely not in my opinion. Biffy is clearly not very popular in belgium. If they are added to the line up I think they will play before Blink 182 or they clash with them.

Edited by gunther Mickey

3 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

absolutely not in my opinion. Biffy is clearly not very popular in belgium. If they are added to the line up I think they will play before Blink 182 or they clash with them.

They played 4th down last time, before Triggerfinger, The Black Keys and Pearl Jam....both bands (Biffy and Triggerfinger) moving one slot up this year is quite likely I'd think......but Biffy are not available on Sunday so my "worries" are over ;)  

Fleet Foxes just announced some dates in Sydney.. Only Sunday's left for RW at this point I guess

05-26-29 Sydney, Australia - Sydney Opera House Concert Hall
07-01 Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain - Vida Festival
07-03 Turin, Italy - Piazza Castello
07-06-08 Bilbao, Spain - Bilboa BBK Live
07-13 Dublin, Ireland - Iveagh Gardens
07-14 Dublin, Ireland - Iveagh Gardens
07-28 Newport, RI - Newport Folk Festival

9 minutes ago, arcuse said:

The reviews of Kensington weren't very happy about their performance last year, don't think they'll be back soon at RW, I'm guessing they'll play at PKP..

The Weeknd has a concert this week in Antwerp, don't know if anyone remembers but last year he was booked as support for Rihanna's performance at RW Boutique but didn't show up as support on PKP, bc they pretty much took her over from them. Im guessing they still have that in mind aswell.

Thanks, it's good to know the reviews of Kensington. The Weeknd is absolutely not my thing and i hope Werchter won't make the same mistake they did with Pharell. Before the Foo's I don't see anything else than a great rock'n'roll band. The acts are chosen by a certain logic : Thursday - British pop-rock, Friday - electro rock, Saturday - Punk/nu-metal, Sunday - Rock'n'roll/folk. I hope they will respect this logic.

13 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Biffy Clyro ain't that big here in Belgium so I think they're gonna get an early mainstage slot, Thursday is pretty much locked then (with all the small acts announced for that day aswell w/o any smaller acts on the main yet..)

Thats a shame about Kensington. I really enjoyed their performance.

7 minutes ago, Jimmerz95 said:

http:///s/rockwerchter2017/?user=09lis7.tx

This line up seems pretty far fetched, any idea if this could have any legitimacy? 

A little bit unrealistic I think (The Killers, kasabian and The Weeknd in addition to the current line up it would be too good to be true)

Just now, gunther Mickey said:

A little bit unrealistic I think (The Killers, kasabian and The Weeknd in addition to the current line up it would be too good to be true)

Ok, some of those clashes would be incredibly disheartening 

2 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Will there be a Friday announcement this week? Or only one Belgian act each day? Or both? 

i guess only one belgian act a day, with a message friday on the site with all the names,

but could be wrong

Edited by reaper

11 hours ago, McCallion said:

Thats a shame about Kensington. I really enjoyed their performance.

Me too. It was an amazing concert, the band was great, the music sounded great and people seemed to enjoy it. At least in that part of the crowd where is was standing. I really do hope, that they will come back again this year with their new album! :)