Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

7 hours ago, neacaisa said:

The rap from RW is shite compared to chance the rapper and cypress hill. Sad for London Grammar and Moderat too.

The presence of chance the rapper and cypress hill at Pkp could let Run The Jewels and A Tribe Called Quest for Rock Werchter...

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Yeah, but we're getting that godawful Linking Park and its ugly little step brother Blink 182. That's a lot of penalty points. Only 3 Doors Down is missing that saturday. And why not book Alien Ant Farm or Sum 41 since we're booking irrelevant stuff from 2001. 

Compared to those acts, the likes of Bastille and M&S make fine art, with lyrics that read like poetry. 

The thing that mostly angers me is that RW is getting away with this... 

And apart from that the lineup bar the headliners isn't too hot this year at Werchter. At all. If the rest of the lineup is on the same level, it could turn out to be their worst lineup since I go to this festival (2007).

Good headliners (bar that saturday for me), terrible day program. 

Frankly I feel quite the opposite. I am excited to take a good nostalgic trip on saturday, I have been a big fan of bands like LP and Blink for years and never had the chance to see them. You might say it like a bad thing, but I would be THRILLED if Sum 41 was added. They're coming to Brussels and I was gutted because i missed the ticket sale.

I am happy because I have already discovered some amazing bands with the announcements so far, and I am sure more cool fresh acts will be added alongside some established good names. I am not bothered at all by the current state of affairs.

I don't think so... I doubt the Thursday needs another mainstage important act and I don't see him playing in a tent.

Looking at the split, I'd say the Thursday already has the important acts in the place, I don't think we will see more as the other days clearly lack more than it.

LE: probably a separate Sunday sub announcement on wednesday and another 3-4 with tent headliners leading the pack(2 for Saturday, 1 for Sunday/Thursday) and a few solid main stage acts(Saturday especially lacks on this front, I would see Biffy there, for example)

Edited by neacaisa
Forgot somethin

23 minutes ago, carlosd said:

Frankly I feel quite the opposite. I am excited to take a good nostalgic trip on saturday, I have been a big fan of bands like LP and Blink for years and never had the chance to see them. You might say it like a bad thing, but I would be THRILLED if Sum 41 was added. They're coming to Brussels and I was gutted because i missed the ticket sale.

I am happy because I have already discovered some amazing bands with the announcements so far, and I am sure more cool fresh acts will be added alongside some established good names. I am not bothered at all by the current state of affairs.

Well said.... I am in exactly the same boat. Although I saw Blink 182 and didn't think they were that great, I am ready to give them another chance, especially with the awesome atmosphere created at RW. 

Lets go all in with Sum 41 ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

Well said.... I am in exactly the same boat. Although I saw Blink 182 and didn't think they were that great, I am ready to give them another chance, especially with the awesome atmosphere created at RW. 

Lets go all in with Sum 41 ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I don't like too much the fact that they made the main stage so one-dimensional for Saturday, even if I love LP and SOAD. A little bit more diversity wouldn't have hurt. Sadly, only Bonobo appeals to me from the side stages, so it will probably be a pop-punk/alternative/nu metal day  for me after all.

Edited by neacaisa

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

To be honest, I don't like too much the fact that they made the main stage so one-dimensional for Saturday, even if I love LP and SOAD. A little bit more diversity wouldn't have hurt.

Far enough I get that.... but I use that as an opportunity to visit the Barn and Klub C to discover new acts. This sometimes ends up being more satisfying than some of the big names you expect to be really good. Or just chill out somewhere if your not that bothered, I think on my less favorable day  I usually just go with the flow until I need to nap,  

Well, the situation right now is the following for me(i don't think it's bad at all):

Must see: Arcade Fire,Kings of Leon, Prophets of Rage, Radiohead, James Blake, Linkin Park, System of a down

very interested: imagine Dragons, Lorde, Royal Blood, Future Islands, Warhaus, Oscar and the Wolf, Bonobo, blink-182, Foo fighters, the Kills, The Lumineers, Dropkick Murphys, tourist lemc

Might see: Mura Masa, whitney, white lies, kaleo, jimmy eat world, machine gun kelly, alt-j, soulwax, g-eazy

I don't think it's bad at all... even with bad future announcements. I should add the fact that I was able to see only 2 of the acts from the first two categories (of 3 or 4 of them that ever came to my country). Sounds like a very good line up overall for me.

Edited by neacaisa

Must see: Kings of Leon, Prophets of Rage, Royal blood, Kaleo, Linkin Park, SOAD, Foo fighters, Blink 182, Chainsmokers (mainly because i can say I have seen them).  

Very interested: Imagine dragons, Lorde, Radiohead, Jimmy eat  world, Frank carter, Agnes Obel, The Kills, G-Eazy. 

Might See: Future Islands, Dropkick murphys, The Kills, Machine gun kelly.   

Must see: Foos, System of a Down, Kaleo, Alcade Fire, Prophets of Rage, Mark Lanegan

Very interested: Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Soulwax, Royal Blood, Imagine Dragons, Future Islands, Lorde, Frank Carter, Dropkick Murphys, Lumineers, White Lies, Nathaniel Rateliff

Might see: Linkin Park, Blink-182, Jimmy Eat World...

Let's not forget we're still missing either a Main Stage closer or KluB C headliner on Thursday (depending on Chainsmokers), possibly a tent headliner or sub on Friday (kind of unclear atm), both a Barn and KluB C headliner on Saturday, and a sub + presub on Sunday (or a Barn headliner if Alt-J takes one of the former spots). That's 5-7 vacant spots on top of the lineup, no way they're all going to disappoint.

I also don't think it's fair to compare the current lineup to what we had last year at this time. Last year they seemed to throw out all the big names in the first few batches, only to end up with the final announcements containing nothing more than Belgian acts/day openers/fillers. This year they seem to balance announcements more by already sneaking in some of those latter categories with every announcement (Frank Carter, Machine Gun Kelly, Maggie Roggers, Whitney, ...).

Either way don't expect a Wednesday announcement, as Pukkelpop is starting its ticket sales that day.

As I said earlier, I think we should think about the possibilities that:

- no other important name is added on Thursday and possibly Lorde and Prophets of Rage/Imagine Dragons headline the tents

- on Thursday no main stage sub is added, but only a Klub C headliner

- no other sub for Sunday, but just a Barn headliner.

Maybe the way they released the batch of names last year was because of the bad initial reception of the first part of the line up.But I think that only the final announcement was very weak last year and, to be honest, I don't see too much balance if so much of the important names are left for the last 3-4 announcements.

Also, Sunday presub - probably G-Eazy. Thursday Main Stage closers: sadly, The Chainsmokers, because I don't see any reason why they would have a solo announcement as Klub C headliners

Edited by neacaisa

Must see: Linkin Park, System of a Down, Blink-182, Radiohead, Kings of Leon, Crystal Fighters, White Lies

Very interested in: Arcade Fire, Future Islands, Foo Fighters, Prophets of Rage, James Blake, Bonobo, Jimmy Eat World, Alt-J, Soulwax

Might see: Royal Blood, Lorde, Mura Masa, Imagine Dragons, Benjamin Clementine

2 hours ago, neacaisa said:

Well, the situation right now is the following for me(i don't think it's bad at all):

Must see: Arcade Fire,Kings of Leon, Prophets of Rage, Radiohead, James Blake, Linkin Park, System of a down

very interested: imagine Dragons, Lorde, Royal Blood, Future Islands, Warhaus, Oscar and the Wolf, Bonobo, blink-182, Foo fighters, the Kills, The Lumineers, Dropkick Murphys, tourist lemc

Might see: Mura Masa, whitney, white lies, kaleo, jimmy eat world, machine gun kelly, alt-j, soulwax, g-eazy

I don't think it's bad at all... even with bad future announcements. I should add the fact that I was able to see only 2 of the acts from the first two categories (of 3 or 4 of them that ever came to my country). Sounds like a very good line up overall for me.

You need to listen to kaleo. What an amazing band. 

Must See
Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, System of a Down, James Blake

Potential
Linkin Park, Blink 182, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Prophets of Rage, Royal Blood, Oscar and the Wolf, Bonobo, White Lies, Dropkick Murphys, Crystal Fighters, Future Islands, Jimmy Eat World, Mura Masa, Rae Sremmurd, Frank Carter, Benjamin Clemantine 

Unfamiliar
Agnes Opel, Bazart, Soulwax, Kaleo, The Kills, Mark Lanegan Band, Nathaniel Rateliff, Tourist Lemc, Warhaus, Xavier Rudd, Maggie Rogers, Whitney, MGK

Trash
The Chainsmokers, G-Eazy, The Lumineers

Must See:

Foo Fighters - Blink-182 - Linkin Park - System of A Down - The Lumineers  - Kings of Leon - White Lies - Prophets of Rage - Jimmy Eat World

Like To See:

Imagine Dragons - Future Islands - Royal Blood - Dropkick Murphys - Kaleo - Crystal Fighters -Rae Sremmurd - G-Eazy

If nothing else is on:

Lorde - The Chainsmokers - Alt-J - Radiohead - The Kills - Oscar and the Wolf - Machine Gun Kelly – Agnes Obel

Must see so far 4 me:

Thursday: Mark Lanegan, Prophets of Rage, Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon (they're easy to listen and have a beer and AF were a positive  laugh back in 2010)

Friday: Nathaniel Rateliff (what a gig last year !), Kaleo, Future Islands, Royal Blood, Radiohead (finally with FOS barriers, 2008 was dangerously overcrowded)

Saturday: Frank Carter, Jimmy Eat World, Blink, SOAD

Sunday: Lumineers, The Kills, Dropkick Murphys, DAVE DAVE DAVE :):):)

4 hours ago, neacaisa said:

As I said earlier, I think we should think about the possibilities that:

- no other important name is added on Thursday and possibly Lorde and Prophets of Rage/Imagine Dragons headline the tents

- on Thursday no main stage sub is added, but only a Klub C headliner

- no other sub for Sunday, but just a Barn headliner.

Maybe the way they released the batch of names last year was because of the bad initial reception of the first part of the line up.But I think that only the final announcement was very weak last year and, to be honest, I don't see too much balance if so much of the important names are left for the last 3-4 announcements.

Also, Sunday presub - probably G-Eazy. Thursday Main Stage closers: sadly, The Chainsmokers, because I don't see any reason why they would have a solo announcement as Klub C headliners

No way that G-Eazy is getting such a high spot though, second or third down in KluB C or afternoon Barn at best. And I stick to my claim that Alt-J cannot warrant a sub spot at Werchter. 

Now that Pukkelpop has had its attention Werchter can go back to dropping bigger names in their batches though. We've just had some announcements that are heavy on (after)noon names, now they can drop some batches that are heavy on evening names. Already just to draw attention back to them and to counter the people complaining about the lineup. 

7 minutes ago, TheWerchterJuggernaut said:

So I just looked at the Main square lineup for the first time in ages.....strikingly similar to RW. Do people think we could get one or several of the following: Biffy Clyro, Major Lazer, Don Broco, Kungs, Seasick Steve.  

If I were to guess: yes, no, no, yes, yes