Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Ive heard of soulwax in their guise as 2manydjs and think they used to be about over here....

Can anyone give me a bit of insight into mark lanegan and where to start with him

Start with this one, when I saw him a year ago or so, half of the setlist was from this album

This is my favourite Mark Lanegan song: 

...but you might remember him with Screaming Trees: 

...but my personal favourite Mark Lanegan moment is here with Layne Staley (Alice In Chains) and Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) in the supergroup Mad Season.....you won't get a much better singing duo then Mark Lanegan and Layne Staley!!

Just listened to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, very impressive! Frank Turner had a good chance of being added to the Saturday as he's the main support for Blink 182's uk tour. Another possibility is Jimmy eat world, as they're in Germany before and after the festival.

A few more indie acts would be welcomed (Foster the people, circa waves), but right now the only poor day is friday, and even then you have Radiohead playing!

17 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Just listened to Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, very impressive! Frank Turner had a good chance of being added to the Saturday as he's the main support for Blink 182's uk tour. Another possibility is Jimmy eat world, as they're in Germany before and after the festival.

A few more indie acts would be welcomed (Foster the people, circa waves), but right now the only poor day is friday, and even then you have Radiohead playing!

Thursday is on fire at the moment, friday is very poor as is sunday besides foos and apt j and saturday is good but needs work ... i hve faith in rw

1 hour ago, Apocalyptica said:

Can someone help me with the free train ticket that comes along with the actual concert ticket. 

Do I get a free train ride from Brussels to rock werchter on 28th and back to Brussels on 3rd? Please help

You have pretty much covered it, although it's a free train ride to leuven.

Then you get the free shuttle bus to the festival site. 

2 hours ago, Apocalyptica said:

Can someone help me with the free train ticket that comes along with the actual concert ticket. 

Do I get a free train ride from Brussels to rock werchter on 28th and back to Brussels on 3rd? Please help

You do but if you use the station at the airport you need to pay a fee over and above the free rail ticket. Think it's around 4 euros

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Never knew that, I always thought it was free travel anywhere in Belgium.

Anywhere but the airport station. You could still use it without paying if no one check your ticket until last year. Last year you couldn't get in or out before paying the Diabolo fee because they put automatic gates. 

On 2/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, Sparticus said:

If the Saturday ends up being Frank Carter - Frank Turner - JEW - Blink - SOAD - LP I will have the actual best day ever. 

22 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Funny, but for me that would be the worst day ever in my 'Rock Werchter attending' history. Can't believe people are still hyped up for Linking Park or Blink 182 (minus the frontman) in 2017. The saturday has literally 0 appealing names for me at the moment...

Linkin Park is literally the ugliest music I can imagine. 

Your family must be proud 

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Funny, but for me that would be the worst day ever in my 'Rock Werchter attending' history. Can't believe people are still hyped up for Linking Park or Blink 182 (minus the frontman) in 2017. The saturday has literally 0 appealing names for me at the moment...

bLINKing park 182 - most overrated duo ever

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

You've obviously never been to a Frank Turner & the Sleeping Souls concert ;) 

ROCK WERCHTER ORGANIZERS, if you read this thread, you can see that every body wants Frank Turner, even more than any band, and he's accessible, so please do get him :) PLEASE

1 hour ago, Tremousse said:

ROCK WERCHTER ORGANIZERS, if you read this thread, you can see that every body wants Frank Turner, even more than any band, and he's accessible, so please do get him :) PLEASE

+1 !!!! We need one more Frank :) 

2 hours ago, Tremousse said:

I only have 4 Frank Turner shows booked for this year, more required.