Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Hi guys. Coming to this festival for the first time this year, looking forward to the great line-up!

Just got a question about camping. We're buying tickets later but understand camping tickets are separate from the entry ticket? Are general camping tickets not on sale yet? If we buy combi tickets now, can we add general camping later? And how much is that usually?

Or are camping tickets for 'The Hive' worth it? I can't really decipher what's so special about The Hive. Is it closer to the festival park?

Sorry for the many questions! ^_^

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dietdiet made good analysis on the big acts missing...

Thursday: main closer or klub c headliner

Friday: barn headliner or main stage sub (in his opinion, cause I think we can have something like OATW as sub, james blake in the klub c and royal blood as barn headliners)

Saturday: both tent headliners

Sunday: after Soulwax being added, I guess we are left with either the main stage sub or barn headliner missing (depending on what role alt-j has)

however, the tent headliners are not necessarily very big names, especially in the klub c... for example skunk anansie were on the klub c last year and I'd say they are not that big anymore

Just now, Apocalyptica said:

I hope you are right. So we are expecting 2 more big acts? 

I don't know how 'big' but you can certainly see room on the line up for Royal Blood/Alt-J type acts, Sunday is looking particularly empty at the moment! Maybe a Foals/Biffy/Stereophonics? I'm not expecting The Killers/QOTSA to be honest, but would be a nice surprise!

I am already happy with the line up so the pressures off for me really, but it would be nice to get a few more acts to get excited about over the next few weeks! 

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

dietdiet made good analysis on the big acts missing...

Thursday: main closer or klub c headliner

Friday: barn headliner or main stage sub (in his opinion, cause I think we can have something like OATW as sub, james blake in the klub c and royal blood as barn headliners)

Saturday: both tent headliners

Sunday: after Soulwax being added, I guess we are left with either the main stage sub or barn headliner missing (depending on what role alt-j has)

however, the tent headliners are not necessarily very big names, especially in the klub c... for example skunk anansie were on the klub c last year and I'd say they are not that big anymore

For me :

Thursday : unfortunately, Chainsmokers will be the main closer. 

Friday : I agree with you. But I think Royal Blood will be on the main for sure. Not the material for the barn (way too small for Royal Blood). I hope Royal Blood, Oscar and the Wolf, Kasabian/the XX/the Killers, Radiohead.

Saturday : I have the same opinion

Sunday : Alt-j will be the Barn headliner I think. So the sub for the Foo's and Klub C headliner.

Wait and see...

26 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

For me :

Thursday : unfortunately, Chainsmokers will be the main closer. 

Friday : I agree with you. But I think Royal Blood will be on the main for sure. Not the material for the barn (way too small for Royal Blood). I hope Royal Blood, Oscar and the Wolf, Kasabian/the XX/the Killers, Radiohead.

Saturday : I have the same opinion

Sunday : Alt-j will be the Barn headliner I think. So the sub for the Foo's and Klub C headliner.

Wait and see...

yeah, i agree about the main closer on Thursday, I would definitely see something smaller for the klub c headline.

the only problem with my Friday arrangement is that basically no act of the 3 are good for clashing with radiohead... maybe that is the missing piece rather than a main stage sub. maybe a dj would fit the best on that spot.

on Sunday I thought that the klub c closers are Soulwax, clashing with FF...

Edited by neacaisa

2 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

yeah, i agree about the main closer on Thursday, I would definitely see something smaller for the klub c headline.

the only problem with my Friday arrangement is that basically no act of the 3 are good for clashing with radiohead... maybe that is the piece missing rather than a main stage sub. maybe a dj would fit the best on that spot.

on Sunday I thought that the klub c closers are Soulwax, clashing with FF...

Yes, of course, Soulwax will close the Klub C. I forgot them. 

having thinking about it... I think Moderat would work well as a clash with Chainsmokers and klub c Thursday headliner. It would really make a perfect day for me after the main stage showdown.. :-D

dunno about what could be on Friday, but the Killers are definitely ruled out. They can only play Sunday. if they are booked.

To be honest, I like Friday too... but I see why it doesn't appeal to many people. For me, personally, Sunday is definitely the weakest day so far...

Edited by neacaisa

8 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

having thinking about it... I think Moderat would work well as a clash with Chainsmokers and klub c Thursday headliner. It would really make a perfect day for me after the main stage showdown.. :-D

dunno about what could be on Friday, but the Killers are definitely ruled out. They can only play Sunday. if they are booked.

To be honest, I like Friday too... but I see why it doesn't appeal to many people. For me, personally, Sunday is definitely the weakest day so far...

I like Oscar and the wolf, Wharaus, Kaleo and Royal Blood but they are clearly less popular than Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Prophets of Rage, Imagine Dragons or Lorde. For me, Friday it's the weakest day (and I really like the music of Radiohead even if I was very upset in 2008) and  the Thursday/Saturday are going to be a big thing.

For me as things stands there are probably 4 acts on each day that ill see.

The last few annoucnements for me have been pretty poor but I think we are getting ahead of ourselves though focusing on the subs. There are going to be a lot of half decent main stagers still to come and there are always a few surprises in the tents.

Id say the only main stage acts accounced so far are:

Thurs - Arcade, KoL, Chainsmokers, Imagine dragons (Prophets of rage are below Lorde on that poster and i cant see Lorde on the main stage. Maybe Prophets are in a tent headlines as a good alternative to the very indie Arcade fire?)

Fri - Radiohead, James Blake or OATW (don't expect both to main stage), Royal Blood

Sat - SOAD, Linkin, Blink.

Sunday - Foos, Alt J, Dropkicks, the Kills (I think Soulwax will be a tent against foos and Lumineers would be better in a tent)

So for me that leaves at least 4 main stagers per day, which at least 2 will be solid international acts (maybe the likes of Jimmy eat world, Bastille, the XX, Biffy etc). We havent even had the usually massive 3pm act that wertcher like to throw in (Kasabian / blink in the past). Then i'd still expect Foster the people, circa waves, george erza to be somewhere across the tents. 

Obviously just my glass half full opinion, but plenty to come i reckon!

well let's see what names are the most discussed right here:

QOTSA - to me, they are ruled out, I can't see how they can make a tour in europe so late that includes festivals at the beginning of July... however, I see them as top candidates for 2018 headliners spots, along with Pearl Jam

Gorillaz - for me, the same as QOTSA, not this year, maybe 2018, but they are probably not big enough to headline, would work much better in a co-headlining combo next year

The Killers - we have a few chances for them, not completely ruled out, but I see more reasons to think they are not on the bill this year

The XX - they are basically headlining everywhere and don't really fit in any of the open spots... probably not

The Weeknd - looking at his schedule, it looks unlikely, but so far RW 2017 lacks a stronger pop name (apart from Lorde). If it's not him, expect a similar name instead

Kasabian - if we have another main stage Sunday sub (and alt-j are playing in the barn) I think they are most likely to be on that spot

Foals - even if they have been on the last year too, I don't rule them out completely, as they have enough gaps in their tour.

Chance the Rapper - he's basically headlining everywhere in the US and has no european tour dates. I don't see him coming this year

Eminem, Kendrick Lamar - no chance

The Prodigy - I don't know why... but I see them more likely for Pukkelpop. they are definitely main stage material and I don't see which of the days they could close main stage...

Biffy Clyro - very likely, they play main square... i see all the reasons to be on Werchter too... however on a pretty early main stage spot or later on Barn, definitely not one of the important spots.

Foster the People, George Ezra, Gogol Bordello, - good for both main stage and Barn I guess, very likely

LE: Bastille - top candidates for a tent headline, I would say... they would work perfectly clashing with SOAD or LP

Edited by neacaisa

You don't just Bastille in a tent away? They played the biggest venue in Belgium last week? :rofl: Correction, The XX is just playing every festival they can play at. I don't see Kasabian not big enough to sub again. Last time they subbed for Muse, but Muse is probably one of the most popular bands in Belgium.. Chances on The Killers seem to be small, the only available date is Sunday. I don't know if RW can manage to put them as sub right before the Foo's but that'd be insane if that happend.

I expect this; I really don't see The Chainsmokers getting that closing dance-spot with only their DJset eventhough they're quite popular, it just doesn't seem normal. Massive Attack also could close the day but I just don't see it happening because they're a lot more expensive and Major Lazer could be aswell but The Chainsmokers and Major Lazer have about the same target audience, so that's not happening either..

Imagine Dragons – Prophets Of Rage – Kings Of Leon – Arcade Fire – Netsky
Bazart – Royal Blood – The XX – Radiohead
Live – Blink-182 – System Of A Down – Linkin Park
Dropkick Murphys – Kasabian – The Weeknd (The Killers) – Foo Fighters

Klub C: Lorde + The Chainsmokers / London Grammar + James Blake / MO + Moderat / The Kills + Soulwax
Barn: Wilco + Brian Wilson pr Pet Sounds / Ryan Adams + Oscar & The Wolf / Foster The People + Bon Iver / Belle & Sebastian + Alt-J

I'm still hoping for smaller acts 

Tom odell seems available. 

Bastille can easily make it. 

Band of horses and Vance Joy are touring. 

Passengers and George ezra are touring too. 

Also any ideas about 

Kodaline? They are playing mad cool festival on 6th

Bear's den? They are playing opener festival 

Wolf alice? They are playing made cool on 6th

Are we ruling out 'bon iver' completely? 

Lana del ray/editors/Liam gallagher/Alan Walker? All playing lollapalooza. 

Tove lo/ cage the elephants/the head and the heart? These guys are playing bonaroo

Fleet foxes / the 1975?these guys are playing bibao BBK. 

Edited by Apocalyptica

10 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes said something in a Facebook comment about probably opening Main Stage. Makes sense: judging by their tour dates they're a package deal with SOAD, and RW Main Stage openers are quite often package deals with the headliner.

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 19.41.20.png