Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

7 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Haha I agree, although it has good points and bad points. 

The feeling of waiting all week for the lineup announcement, hitting refresh every 5 minutes and then there being no one you know on it and realising you have to wait another 7 days is horrible. Having said this, the lineup is already outstanding enough. 

yes agreed ... the last 2/3 announcements haven't been incredible but they have put out some good bands im curious about. I hope there will be a few more well known bands because going through a bands discography is tedious!!!!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eoind said:

OK, just created an account to join this hype-train! 

QOTSA sub for Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl to play in both bands. That HAS to happen right? Right?!

I know nothing of QOTSA but surely expecting Dave Grohl to play in two bands on one night is madness

I stil pray for Noel G, Gorillaz (on different days of course!!!!!!!) , LG, TOP, Zara L, Dua Lipa, Bastillle, George Ezra, Kasabian, Killers

Shame we don't see many hip hop/rap artists there... I understand it is not that kind of place but imagine Eminem, Kendrick, asap, or anyone there... would be cray town!!!

3 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

I know nothing of QOTSA but surely expecting Dave Grohl to play in two bands on one night is madness

I stil pray for Noel G, Gorillaz (on different days of course!!!!!!!) , LG, TOP, Zara L, Dua Lipa, Bastillle, George Ezra, Kasabian, Killers

Shame we don't see many hip hop/rap artists there... I understand it is not that kind of place but imagine Eminem, Kendrick, asap, or anyone there... would be cray town!!!

I don't really believe it will happen.... just indulging my imagination :lol:

I can't see gorrillaz at all on this line up.the others maybe... but I would imagine we have very few shots left for the likes of qotsa, killers, kasabian. The more announcements we get, it is less likely to see big bands in the future. Bastille, george ezra, london grammar are possible at any time(as long as the tour schedule doesn't rule them out).

I can't see at all a huge rap name like eminem and kendrick showing up... maybe a tribe called quest or smth like that.

IF QOTSA played and that's a big if, there is no reason why Dave grohl couldn't play a song or two from the era where he was the drummer for them, but I highly doubt he would play the whole set. 

So many bands have been thrown into the hat now that I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the final subs 

Just now, Antbot89 said:

IF QOTSA played and that's a big if, there is no reason why Dave grohl couldn't play a song or two from the era where he was the drummer for them, but I highly doubt he would play the whole set. 

So many bands have been thrown into the hat now that I have absolutely no idea what to expect from the final subs 

The thing is we don't really know if there are subs left. The rh day is selling well... we could have oatw subbing. The same for alt-j but on Sunday we can be sure there will be at least another big name(barn or main sub). Also, I think we miss the saturday barn headliner.

2 minutes ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Is it possible to have the prodigy as a closing dance-act? They are free around those dates and two years ago it was insane!

omg it was nuts.. i was wearing flip flops which broke during the opening song the pit was insane and no one trod on me... walking back to the campsite was difficult but such a great crowd to lose it with .. this juggernaut was just grabbing people and running them through the whole crowd.. it was one of the funniest experiences to date!!!

We are still missing quite a few big acts. On Thursday either a Main Stage closer or KluB C headliner (depending on The Chainsmokers). On Friday either a sub or a Barn headliner (James Blake is not big enough to fit either of those positions). On Saturday both tent headliners. On Sunday a KluB C headliner and most likely a Main Stage sub, as Alt-J isn't big enough for that around here.

3 minutes ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Is it possible to have the prodigy as a closing dance-act? They are free around those dates and two years ago it was insane!

I don't see where they would fit. I assume no dance closers on the Ff and rh days... and I see chainsmokers as dance closers on the main on Thursday( but this opinion hasn't been very popular around here, everyone sees them as klub c material :-) ). Saturday is also very packed on main... with b-182, soad and lp... looks unlikely to me.

22 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

announced for festivals in europe within two weeks of RW that ive seen today are; prodigy, years and years, martin garrix & kodaline.

can see at least one getting announced today.

F***  me sideways i'd kill for less than that.

if there were announced today i would be a very happy person.

Prodigy are too good despite not doing Warriors dance

31 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

announced for festivals in europe within two weeks of RW that ive seen today are; prodigy, years and years, martin garrix & kodaline.

can see at least one getting announced today.

I would take Prodigy from that list. They were insane in RW15. the others I would not be so excited about.

7 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

I would be thrilled! But folks, -5 rep for his honest opinion is a bit harsh...

Agreed. - rep for negativity or simply being an ass, is fine. But we shouldn't give -rep when people are simply giving their own opinion. That said, I have to agree with Skankhunt42. Out of that Fuji Rock announcement I'd only take QOTSA. The others are simply not my cup of tea.....

2 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Agreed. - rep for negativity or simply being an ass, is fine. But we shouldn't give -rep when people are simply giving their own opinion. That said, I have to agree with Skankhunt42. Out of that Fuji Rock announcement I'd only take QOTSA. The others are simply not my cup of tea.....

tried to give @Gossard and @visdave34 positive rep but haven't got any allowance left to give today as used it all up. :D

maybe @thetime et al should consider giving positive vibes out instead of negativity all the time!!!