Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

Does anybody think that there is a possibility that Massive Attack could play? Not sure of their stature in Belgium but they do have one festival date a week before in the Netherlands but are seemingly yet to be announced for anything else? Would love them to play in the Barn on Saturday night against Linkin Park, or possibly be a sub for Radiohead if I'm gauging their size right. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll second the above, They are clearly stating that there are still tickets and names will be coming soon, probably tomorrow at 3pm

Hello everyone by the way. I used to be really active (many many moons ago) on Efestival forums under a different guise, I am so happy to say I am back!

Completed so many festivals over the years but can seriously say i am SO excited about doing my second visit to Werchter later this year!

For all of the Newbies on here, EVERYTHING is great about this festival but in agreement with the comments above, the people are so friendly and welcoming! 

Bring on the end of June!!!

Hi guys!!!

I"m so excited, im from Perú in southamerica and i"ll going with some friends too. The line-up its so fucking awesome thats why we r doing this huge trip. I hope the killers, kasabian and Foals play this year (crossfingers) sorry for my english (I fucking suck in grammar jjajaja) If someone speaks spanish let me know, it"s my first time in europe and i"ll only stay 7 days (only RW and 2 days in Paris and Brussels maybe) I wanna c you guys at RW

Peace and Love!!!

PD Thanks for all the advices!!

1 minute ago, Samuco said:

Hi guys!!!

I"m so excited, im from Perú in southamerica and i"ll going with some friends too. The line-up its so fucking awesome thats why we r doing this huge trip. I hope the killers, kasabian and Foals play this year (crossfingers) sorry for my english (I fucking suck in grammar jjajaja) If someone speaks spanish let me know, it"s my first time in europe and i"ll only stay 7 days (only RW and 2 days in Paris and Brussels maybe) I wanna c you guys at RW

Peace and Love!!!

What a hero, we met some guys from Israel last time who were so sound, it's insane how far some people come. Enjoy

About the twitter reply: I doubt that the social media team is informed about the announcement details a day in advance...

26 minutes ago, Millar95 said:

Does anybody think that there is a possibility that Massive Attack could play? Not sure of their stature in Belgium but they do have one festival date a week before in the Netherlands but are seemingly yet to be announced for anything else? Would love them to play in the Barn on Saturday night against Linkin Park...

This might just turn out to be correct... Fingers crossed here as well!

1 hour ago, Boykaar said:

On Facebook, someone commented:

“And friday tickets? Neef to see Radiohead but waiting for the sub. Any idea when you'LL release the RH sub? Thanks!“

RW replied following:

“Friday tickets are still available: http://po.st/RW17_en. More new names will follow soon!“

Do you think this confirms the friday sub still to be released and neither James Blake nor OATW taking the spot?

Sounds like a standardised answer..... 

57 minutes ago, Samuco said:

Hi guys!!!

Peace and Love!!!

I can't say that I speak any Spanish.....but after a few beers, I'm fluent in drunkish if that helps :P 

3 hours ago, Boykaar said:

On Facebook, someone commented:

“And friday tickets? Neef to see Radiohead but waiting for the sub. Any idea when you'LL release the RH sub? Thanks!“

RW replied following:

“Friday tickets are still available: http://po.st/RW17_en. More new names will follow soon!“

Do you think this confirms the friday sub still to be released and neither James Blake nor OATW taking the spot?

It points closer to you have it already.

6 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

What a hero, we met some guys from Israel last time who were so sound, it's insane how far some people come. Enjoy

It is! And Israeli music fans in particular are fun and crazy.

@Samuco enjoy the trip! A massive experience, you're going to love it.

Coming from Peru, perhaps you guys should try going to one more Euro festival? If that's possible, of course, just in case you haven't booked any flights yet.

There are lots of amazing festivals during the weekend before and after Werchter, which could make the trip to Europe even better :)

Edited by Orens

34 minutes ago, thetime said:

You would imagine qotsa will play werchter or pukkelpop, perhaps they're radioheads sub.

Or even better, sub for Foo Fighters! That would be so awesome! Don't think a festival could end in an better way. But we're expecting a bit too much here

Edited by DaveRSV4

15 hours ago, Samuco said:

Hi guys!!!

Peace and Love!!!

Hey! Mexican here! going to my 3rd RW with my girl. Been living in Brussels for 3 years now, so I might be able to help you guys out ;)

Agrégame en facebook

/designer.carlos.diaz

28 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Or even better, sub for Foo Fighters! That would be so awesome! Don't think a festival could end in an better way. But we're expecting a bit too much here

I can not imagine a more epic closure to this years festival. just to think about it makes my DNA wet.

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Right guys ... announcement day! 

We know Foals and Mumford are incredibly unlikely as they played last 2 years ... mumford did not impress the crowd (they were awesome though)

Who can we rule and who is back in the line of possibility??

Only educated suggestions please .. !!!

I think Spoon is  quite possible. Playing in London the 30th and @ Mad Cool on the 7th, leaving a good window for them to pass by RW. I would love to see them added.

Cage the Elephant is in Switzerland the 30th and their next announced gig is not until te 4th. So I think there's also good chances of them jumping to Belgium after Switzerland. Saw them live like 6 years ago, subbing for the Foos and they made me feel there was hope again for raw cool rock in this world. I really hope they get announced.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Fuji Rock has an interesting set of headline names. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You would imagine qotsa will play werchter or pukkelpop, perhaps they're radioheads sub.

Come on man. It's 9 o'clock in the morning and I just sat down in my office, don't ruin may day by gettig me all excited about QOTSA!!! :P 

11 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Come on man. It's 9 o'clock in the morning and I just sat down in my office, don't ruin may day by gettig me all excited about QOTSA!!! :P 

Fridays at work from winter to end of April consist of me hitting refresh on the forum in the hope that someone has found the latest announcement before 3pm!!

Surprised that more commercially driven festivals like V don't have weekly announcements, it creates so much hype.

49 minutes ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Fridays at work from winter to end of April consist of me hitting refresh on the forum in the hope that someone has found the latest announcement before 3pm!!

Surprised that more commercially driven festivals like V don't have weekly announcements, it creates so much hype.

Haha I agree, although it has good points and bad points. 

The feeling of waiting all week for the lineup announcement, hitting refresh every 5 minutes and then there being no one you know on it and realising you have to wait another 7 days is horrible. Having said this, the lineup is already outstanding enough.