Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

17 hours ago, thetime said:

Nick Cave is touring the states until the 29th June, so can not imagine him doing werchter that same weekend. I am hoping he does a few festivals in europe late summer though, hopefully he headlines sziget. :rolleyes:

Nick Cave and the seeds are doing a big European tour from the end of september though.

Nick cave will perform the 13th of October at Sportpaleis Antwerp (BE)

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, micvet said:

The RW forum was and still is a great forum with nice and helpful people for years. I viewed your posts from the last weeks and all I saw was negativity, pedantry and even homophobic comments. You're full of yourself and only your music taste is OK. I tried to keep quiet for a few weeks but I think I can speak for lots of great festivalpeople here: no one likes your negativity.
You're one of the people they invented the mute button for.
From now on: ignore
Have a nice day
And for all lovely people here: welcome to Belgium, i hope you all gonna enjoy our festival, the quiet atmosphere and our beer.

+1

...btw, the best thing about RW is not the great beer, great weather, awsome lineup or great organisation, it's the Belgian people. They are so relaxed, nice and easy going, fantastic people :) 

Edited by Gossard

15 minutes ago, Gossard said:

+1

...btw, the best thing about RW is not the great beer, great weather, awsome lineup or great organisation, it's the Belgian people. They are so relaxed, nice and easy going, fantastic people :) 

what kind of beer can we usually find at RW?

I sincerely hope it is not dead lager.

Beer choice in the UK is generally terrible

4 minutes ago, nmarquesantos said:

You get Jubiler inside the festival park witch is a poor mans Stella ;)  ....but you get Stella outside the festival park and in Leuven you get all the quality beer you can dream of ;)

7 minutes ago, nmarquesantos said:

The normal beer is Jupiler and there are no pints (quality before quantity).
There is Hoegaarden Rose (it sucks for the real beer drinker, but what i saw on the festival is that lots of women like it).
In the special beer bar you can buy Leffe.

12 minutes ago, Gossard said:

You get Jubiler inside the festival park witch is a poor mans Stella ;)  ....but you get Stella outside the festival park and in Leuven you get all the quality beer you can dream of ;)

It may sound strange but in Belgium Stella never had that high status. It was especially outside Belgium profiled as a premium lager. A lot of Belgians prefer Jupiler above Stella. And if you are in Leuven you're right, choose some other fine beers there and enjoy :)
For the visitors which has time before/after the festival and been already to Leuven: Antwerp is less than an hour by train and is a great city.

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

+1

+ When Pearl Jam appears on the bill ahah

I also wanted to say about the staff of bands etc : I recommend the TV show Roadies, which is realistic, and several artists who have played at Werchter in recent years play their own role in the show (and play music) : Eddie Vedder, Reignwolf, Jim James, Gary Clark Jr etc

And I also wanted to say that The Interrupters are not big in Belgium, but they could why not open a day... They are not as big as The Struts and Vintage Trouble were last year for exemple. So not many chances but why not. They opened for Green Day last week in Paris and they were great!

Maybe Belgians prefer Jupiler because they all have that t-shirt :P : 

422517036434776.jpg

2 minutes ago, kris0624 said:

Some of us English concur too!

I'm a fan of Jupiler over Stella, but also going to the Oude Markt and having a couple of Delirium Tremens (my favourite beer) or Duvels!

Then you should definitely try "Karmeliet" and "Chimay triple". Just not too much, or you won't make it to the festival! ;)

8 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

All this talk of great beers but having to drink Jupiler at the end on the Festival ground..  I had a great Leuven's beer called Scotch C.T.S,  if any of the locals and dutch can recommend something similar it will be much appreciated!

Mc Chouffe might also be your thing. 

But as much as I love beer, maybe we should get back on topic. Any guesses for tomorrow's announcement? I'm personally hoping for a few names off the Mad Cool undercard. Fleet Foxes, Warpaint, Spoon, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Wolf Alice, Royksopp, Moderat, Foster the People, all are still possible. 

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

But as much as I love beer, maybe we should get back on topic. Any guesses for tomorrow's announcement? I'm personally hoping for a few names off the Mad Cool undercard. Fleet Foxes, Warpaint, Spoon, Wilco, Ryan Adams, Wolf Alice, Royksopp, Moderat, Foster the People, all are still possible. 

Im still hopeful for London Grammar amongst a few more names i kmow as i dont know any of those names above besides wolf alice!!!

30 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Yeah, Mad Cool undercard is the place RW should definitely look to ;)

Thanx for the beer tip,  I'll try it in June. 

I am hoping for a few acts like Foster the People, Circa Waves, London Grammar.

Would be great if we could get a bit more for the main stage too, especially on the SOAD day and Foos day.

Not been a huge fan of OATW, James Blake or Chainsmokes announcements as the last 3 "bigger" announcements, so it would be good to have a big annoucnement that breaks that trend in terms of genres etc.

On Facebook, someone commented:

“And friday tickets? Neef to see Radiohead but waiting for the sub. Any idea when you'LL release the RH sub? Thanks!“

RW replied following:

“Friday tickets are still available: http://po.st/RW17_en. More new names will follow soon!“

Do you think this confirms the friday sub still to be released and neither James Blake nor OATW taking the spot?

14 minutes ago, Boykaar said:

On Facebook, someone commented:

“And friday tickets? Neef to see Radiohead but waiting for the sub. Any idea when you'LL release the RH sub? Thanks!“

RW replied following:

“Friday tickets are still available: http://po.st/RW17_en. More new names will follow soon!“

Do you think this confirms the friday sub still to be released and neither James Blake nor OATW taking the spot?

Unfortunately we can't conclude anything out of that. We'll just have to wait...

19 minutes ago, Antbot89 said:

I am hoping for a few acts like Foster the People, Circa Waves, London Grammar.

Would be great if we could get a bit more for the main stage too, especially on the SOAD day and Foos day.

Not been a huge fan of OATW, James Blake or Chainsmokes announcements as the last 3 "bigger" announcements, so it would be good to have a big annoucnement that breaks that trend in terms of genres etc.

agreed... those names are pretty weak imo so hoping we get something that'll get us excited!