Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar & The Wolf in the Barn (1,5h) whilst Radiohead is playing (2h+) and put James Blake just before that (1h) and then The Killers as sub, that should work I think? So you have James Blake in between act change and the start of Radiohead, RH fans don't have to suffer from teenage-girls bullshit, James Blake won't play in an empty tent and The Killers get their spot :)

Day tickets sell out faster than combi-tickets, so as soon as when day tickets are close to sell out.. I'd grab a combi, think last year saturday was the first one to sell out but then it all flattened a bit and I don't think all combi's got sold out, so I wouldn't worry to much.. I think even in March or April, there will still be combi's available (+ RW always makes a post saying a certain ticket is close to sell out so)

Robert plant played last year. Altough they do rebook some of the acts(fotm in 2015 and 2016 and james blake in 2016 and 2017 for example) the chances are slim in this case, I think.

Of course hellfest has a solid line up too, but it is not on the same level imo and also appeal to a higher average age and also a different crowd. It's basically a metal festival.

Edited by neacaisa

42 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Robert plant played last year. Altough they do rebook some of the acts(fotm in 2015 and 2016 and james blake in 2016 and 2017 for example) the chances are slim in this case, I think.

Of course hellfest has a solid line up too, but it is not on the same level imo and also appeal to a higher average age and also a different crowd. It's basically a metal festival.

Personally Werchter over Hellfest easily but that's my taste, Rancid would be the only one I'd really be bothered about. 2016 Hellfest over this year for me.

6 hours ago, arcuse said:

Oscar & The Wolf in the Barn (1,5h) whilst Radiohead is playing (2h+) and put James Blake just before that (1h) and then The Killers as sub, that should work I think? So you have James Blake in between act change and the start of Radiohead, RH fans don't have to suffer from teenage-girls bullshit, James Blake won't play in an empty tent and The Killers get their spot :)

Day tickets sell out faster than combi-tickets, so as soon as when day tickets are close to sell out.. I'd grab a combi, think last year saturday was the first one to sell out but then it all flattened a bit and I don't think all combi's got sold out, so I wouldn't worry to much.. I think even in March or April, there will still be combi's available (+ RW always makes a post saying a certain ticket is close to sell out so)

No. Oscar is sub on mainstage

I want the following bands to appear: The Killers, Wolfmother, Blossoms, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Slaves, Good charlotte, Prophets of Rage, The xx, The Weeknd,

I have alot of faith that rock werchter can book another big name at least.....just interested to know whether it will be a dance act. I think the recent announcement is great as these are acts that i wouldn't choose to watch necessarily but I will enjoy some drinks and chill out anyway.   

Well, a dance act is certain. Majer Lazer looked most probable, but based on their schedule it would be hard to fit in the tradition of Thursday dance closer, they could play only on Sunday. I hope for Pendulum Live on this slot, but we could get just Netsky. 

As pointed out earlier, there is still at least a main stage sub spot(Sunday), probably one of Killers/Weeknd/The XX there, all of them should be too big to headline the Barn. The XX looks more likely to do Pukkelpop though.

For the last Barn headliner spot(on Friday) Propehts of Rage are a fair bet... but would make no sense to clash with SOAD. Also, they play on Friday in Poland and would make two days in a row. They could be third down on main on Sunday too...

The other acts you mentioned could get to various spots on the bill, so it's hard to say what their chances are.

Edited by neacaisa

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Thursday: Kasabian - Arcade Fire - Kings of Leon
Friday: Oscar and the Wolf - The Weeknd - Radiohead
Saturday: Blink-182 - System of a Down - Linkin Park
Sunday: Prophets of Rage - The Killers -  Foo Fighters

:)

Would be nice but some kind of dance act as a closer should be almost certain... Thursday or another day... Moderat would be too small, right?

Edited by neacaisa

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

Would be nice but some kind of dance act as a closer should be almost certain... Thursday or another day... Moderat would be too small, right?

Of course, I left them out for a reason as I have no idea how's likely to play as a dance act....

Does anyone, perhaps in Belgium, have any updates about the camping situation? I realise that there are issues with some of the campsites and I don't want to buy my ticket/vouchers/etc until I can also buy a camping ticket as I don't want to pay a booking fee twice. I don't want to camp in the Hive, far too old for that nonsense!

Edited by maesydderwen

23 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Of course, I left them out for a reason as I have no idea how's likely to play as a dance act....

I think the dance main stage closer is the most unpredictible slot... how about this... skip thursday traditional closer dance act, rebook it for Friday, after Radiohead and against Jamas Blake with OATW as a sub on main... of course, The Weeknd won't fit in this case and would play as Sunday sub or skip the festival... after all... disclosure played as closer after macca so it's not such a big thing to have the dance closer after a huge headliner. For thursday, the current combo on main should be enough to sell it, I guess... I don't see imagine dragons going further down than 3rd on the main... with the exception of a dance act being booked. It depends on how important this tradition is...

However, none of the names mentioned in your suggestion would fit as a dance act...

So kasabian could only be FF sub or maybe barn headliners on Saturday... drawing a different crowd than the main stage combo...

Edited by neacaisa

New names for Open Air St Gallen : 

• Alle Farben
  • Alt-J
  • Bastille
  • Bear’s Den
  • Beginner
  • Biffy Clyro
  • Bilderbuch
  • Breitbild
  • Catalyst
  • Crimer
  • Crispy Dee
  • Die Toten Hosen
  • George Ezra
  • Glass Animals
  • Jack Savoretti
  • Jas Crw
  • Justice
  • Lorde
  • Louis Berry
  • Michael Kiwanuka
  • MoTrip
  • Nemo
  • Passenger
  • Pegasus
  • Pätschwerk
  • Roosevelt
  • Soda
  • The Lemon Twigs
  • Trust
  • Voodoo Jürgens
  • Wanda

Biffy Clyro, George Ezra, Glass Animals, Jack Savoretti, Michael Kiwanuka, Passenger and The Lemon Twigs seem probable for Rock Werchter now !  How are Die Toten Hosen in Belgium ?